• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't a fan of her debut, but Dream Street is criminally slept on. She started performing those songs on her Unbreakable tour.
Really? I just thought it had more tracks to dance to, but that was the disco era anyway. I mean, I still like Dream Street but I did like her debut better because of the fact.

Slayven

Never pay more than $20 for anything

b55ff9db83b8f7d3645d37faf9c91ab2.jpg

Sch1sm

Came across this article on my net travels.
It's worth a read.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 'If It's Time To Speak Up, You Have To Speak Up'

On whether he has been confronted for speaking out during his career

When Dr. King was assassinated, within a couple of days I was involved at UCLA. We had a demonstration. ... People were telling me, "Hey, you're going to get a chance to play in the NBA and make a lot of money, you shouldn't be out here protesting like this."

To me there was no correlation. Somebody needed to speak out about what had happened.

mjcry1.png

Gonna listen to the audio just now. Thanks, Shy.

LionPride

Banned
So after the lock in last night I went to sleep at 5:30 A.M. woke up at 11:00. I'm home at 6:00 P.M. went to sleep and woke up at 12:00 A.M.

Then I gotta go down to Florida in the morning with a friend. I need more sleep.

akira28

how you going to be a one eye old racist white lady talking shit to young black dudes on the bus like hard n to the "er"?

then she gets slapped and tells the driver "call the police, he knocked my eyeball out"...call the police? then she's showing the driver her hand, holding her glass eye, I'm guessing.

I don't even want a gaf thread today.

Merc_

The anti-Muslim shit posting in the Manchester thread... smh, that's enough GAF for me tonight. Night y'all

Imagine how those same posters would react if we took the same tone towards white folk in the thread about the stabbing death of that black kid or any of the number of police brutality threads.

I'm not shocked to see the sentiments. People say they're all for equality and fuck bigots, but they have some of the most bigoted ideals around. Western society? A society founded on the subjugation of many other societies and cultures? Yea, no shit it isn't compatible with a whole bunch of shit

Morning y'all.

I'm not shocked to see the sentiments. People say they're all for equality and fuck bigots, but they have some of the most bigoted ideals around. Western society? A society founded on the subjugation of many other societies and cultures? Yea, no shit it isn't compatible with a whole bunch of shit

Morning y'all.

Tell me about it. Morning, Crimson.

akira28

Edgar Funes is a resident of Manassas, Virginia.  His wife Tiffany Cormier, became infamous after a video of her harassing a Hispanic / Latino man, who turned out to be his cousin Juan. The video was shared by his cousin the sister of Juan, Roxiie Xtina. After the video went viral he sent threats to his cousin Roxiie.

lawdy lawdy

Spend 100 on PSN, get 15 back.

So I expect a lot of destiny and battlefront pre-orders out of you lovely folks. A Tekken pre-order is also acceptable

Izuna

Banned
You know who is benefitting from this attack

Fascist Facebook pages which, if you actually look at their wall, is some of the worst shit out there.

Zaverious

Shiee all I've been playing is Tekken Tag 2 preparing for that Tekken 7 with Leo, Miguel, Feng, and Steve.

Now someone buy me a PS4 and that Tekken 7

Zaverious

Denounce Gotham and all of its demons. Then I'll give you $3 and a McDonald's coupon

No crossplatform play right?

Nah fam. Alfred out here stabbing women in interrogation rooms. I can't drop that shit. You give me $240 and I'll draw you Crimson_Gold the Echidna so you can hang it on ya walls. Deal?

Izuna

Banned
Dean from my Uni put out a good email that has got me going again.

I'm happy that, the majority of facebook shared posts are about how we won't be divided. I'm happy for that to happen in the North West of all places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom