• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Backtracking is cool when it's not as in your face as it is in DMC4. Hell, I'll even take Dead Space's backtracking over it, because it made sense in context of the story. That shit in DMC4 just felt lazy and like half a game was/is missing.

Trey

I know people get on Halo: CE for backtracking, but the sequence of AotCR -> the Library -> Two Betrayals is actually ingenious.

You have this huge action setpiece that is AotCR which culminates into the slow, prodding, methodical level of the Library, wherein the huge twist reveal of the story occurs. Then the game throws you back into the AotCR map in reverse, which functions like a completely different level. This slingshot of gameplay, narrative progression, and managing players' expectations is extremely well done.

So I can forgive backtracking in this instance.

DMczaf

tumblr_nglv1n4Ewj1saykaxo1_400.gif

See what budget cuts does to the WWE, those Insignia televisions are a explosion hazard. Explain this Vince.

...I don't think WWE has any Electrical Engineers on their staff.

I'm available tho. *emails resume*

LettersGaf are going to make a thread about a game, since we know this drill about how gaming side works the bans shall be plenty or equal to a typical Demi bait thread

Super Metroid is the truth. My eye still fucking hurts. And..... I can't think of nothing else. Why does Ursula look like Erykah Badu?

Edit: Ishi, we love you. That's why we include you. Real talk, everyone in here good people. But every crew minus one or 2 have been cat I would hanG with outside in the street. No bullshit.

Slayven

he caught the fade courtesy of Bish, he hit em with that two piece
A Church's two piece
Once upon a time finally showed their black Ursula to be used in the 2nd half of the season
IS that show any good?

Even Metroid Prime 1?

Metroid Prime?
Did I stutter?

If y'all put me in the title of the new OT I will personally destroy all of you.
Shit is getting real

Trey

NFL player Johnson Bademosi on why he wore an Eric Garner "I Can't Breathe" shirt during pregame warmpups:

We walk a tightrope as NFL athletes. We all have lives and opinions outside of sports, yet the NFL today is designed to suppress and confine our public lives to its standards. Team culture tells you shut up, follow the crowd and do your job. Anyone who steps away from that standard runs the risk of upsetting someone who may control your means for providing for your family. The NFL drives this standard...I understand that I am dressed in my own layers of privilege (education, socioeconomic status, etc.) that make me different from Eric Garner, but I still share many of his experiences as a black man in this country.

Malyse

Sonic Boom is a painful demo. I know, Sonic. I wasn't expecting much, but damn. The worst part is that there are like 3 minutes that are legit "this is fucking fantastic" fun. But it ends almost as soon as it starts. Like. There's a good game buried in there. Wait. No, there's a shred of a concept of good game buried in there. But behind the completely fucked camera, the frame rate tripping all over itself, the "I want to power drill my eardrums" voice acting, fuck off music and inept controls, it's buried pretty damn dead.

Hyrule Warriors is so fucking unbalanced. I know I can grind my way to victory, but I don't wanna.

Sonic Boom is a painful demo. I know, Sonic. I wasn't expecting much, but damn. The worst part is that there are like 3 minutes that are legit "this is fucking fantastic" fun. But it ends almost as soon as it starts. Like. There's a good game buried in there. Wait. No, there's a shred of a concept of good game buried in there. But behind the completely fucked camera, the frame rate tripping all over itself, the "I want to power drill my eardrums" voice acting, fuck off music and inept controls, it's buried pretty damn dead.

Hyrule Warriors is so fucking unbalanced. I know I can grind my way to victory, but I don't wanna.

Who do you play as?

Nothing I hate worse than backtracking in a video game.

The backtracking on Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door was stupid. That game lost a whole point for requiring you to revisit all the previous locations to find one dude so you can progress through the story. Who actually thought this could be fun when developing that part in the game?

Malyse

jmood88

Because we've been taught that any error a black person makes is pathological- your blackness makes you do it. Everybody else is just an aberration though
White people can go out and murder whomever they want and it's never due to a cultural/societal problem, they're just crazy. Let a non-white person do that shit and we get all kinds of analysis about how the culture is broken and if they would only assimilate more, things would be alright. That shit makes me angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom