• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

LionPride

Banned
This is what happens when you spend too much time on the internet.
I purposefully don't swear in my writing since I swear a lot in person

Also

Idk what bothers me more, going on Tinder and seeing "I only like chocolate 🍫" and it's a white girl or "Swipe in the direction of your politics"

I purposefully don't swear in my writing since I swear a lot in person

Also

Idk what bothers me more, going on Tinder and seeing "I only like chocolate 🍫" and it's a white girl or "Swipe in the direction of your politics"

Hook-up apps are the sequel to Get Out waiting to happen.

God speed young blood.

I was wondering what is y'all's favorite pro-black song?

Black by Innanet James has been in my rotation in a while along with Solange's F.U.B.U. Them shits are hype. I just got to bounce a little when I hear either and with Black I feel like rocking some puffs and getting out my pick.

Also thanks to whoever posted October London's Black Man in America in here. A 5/5 song, but I can't listen to it all the time though.

a few more

I’m Black — Styles P featuring Marsha Ambrosius (my feel good track)
I Can — Nas
A Dream — Common
Black Girl Pain — Talib Kweli
Fight The Power — Public Enemy
F**k tha Police - NWA

Morning and what? Heroes for hire really happening? When did they announce that??

That's a good selection.
For totally different reasons I've come to love

https://youtu.be/rZHwGnGrm_k

Been using that whenever I feel like my surroundings are toeing to close to the edge. The uncomfortable silence is palpable.

I like Hip Hop by Dead Prez. Shit still gets me going.

Pretty much any Dead Prez song. I love "We Want Freedom".

But for me, it has to be "Umi Says" by Mos Def

a few more

I'm Black — Styles P featuring Marsha Ambrosius (my feel good track)
I Can — Nas
A Dream — Common
Black Girl Pain — Talib Kweli
Fight The Power — Public Enemy
F**k tha Police - NWA

Cool. I also made a thread on the subject and a playlist for it. I would add all of those to it, but I feel 20 is a good spot, but I did add UMI Says. I forgot about that song.

Man I went hard in that thread but could't help it, essay writing is a skill I take tremendous pride in and it pisses me off to see people disparage its importance as a skill.

I even do try to use it around here every now and then (when the conversation warrants the time and energy required), mixed in with my bitter sarcasm and propensity and appreciation for blue words.

Johndoey

Banned
Nah B, that is common fucking sense

Sure, but it could've just be a dumb funny story about screwing up an assignment, OP gets ribbed a bit, maybe some writing tips, move on. Instead the op is making it this grand moral crusade, where they are the aggrieved party and the professor is restricting their freedom of speech.

darklin0

Banned
Man I went hard in that thread but could't help it, essay writing is a skill I take tremendous pride in and it pisses me off to see people disparage its importance as a skill.

I even do try to use it around here every now and then (when the conversation warrants the time and energy required), mixed in with my bitter sarcasm and propensity and appreciation for blue words.
That thread is pretty wacky, especially the OP. When the OP boasted that they did it while drunk in a handful of hours, I bailed out of that thread. I hope the tuition debt is worth wasting time like that.

I used to be pretty good with long form writing, but it has been years since I last wrote anything longer than a paragraph or two. The last time I wrote extensively was for a paper in a math course I was taking. Lol

That thread is pretty wacky, especially the OP. When the OP boasted that they did it while drunk in a handful of hours, I bailed out of that thread. I hope the tuition debt is worth wasting time like that.

I used to be pretty good with long form writing, but it has been years since I last wrote anything longer than a paragraph or two. The last time I wrote extensively was for a paper in a math course I was taking. Lol

One of my instructors actually told me I could do it for a living.

I wouldn't want to because I love writing but man that'd be exhausting.

Malyse

Never trust a sorcerer in hot pants.

-----

A fantasy game set in a war between demon summoners and necromancers. You play as a cleric: you can banish demons and cast healing spells to destroy the undead.

Wrong way to go about it, you gotta make a GAF thread about it and cherry pick the responses that agree with the answer you already had initially.

Ah. Guess my friend should've had me ask before he submitted his term paper with hand drawn dicks as watermarks on each page

Penguin

Watching Blacula for the first-time, why did we ever stray from God's light and ditch the afro as a community?

I imagine the amount of work to keep it?

Faustek

Afternoon kin.

Never trust a sorcerer in hot pants.

I googled that....Mads Mikkelsen as Kaecilius. I'm ok with that.

Is it ok to draw dicks in your essay? Asking for a friend

Well I do have a friend that made a giant collage of dicks. Erect and flaccid so...depends?
EDIT: I should add that she was in the arts program as well.

Cool. I also made a thread on the subject and a playlist for it. I would add all of those to it, but I feel 20 is a good spot, but I did add UMI Says. I forgot about that song.

I love it.

Izuna

Banned
Yaaaay, pretty darn sure I am switching jobs to one of the biggest repair shops in the UK.

Just kinda gave in my notice now.

Swaaaag

Faustek

I've come to accept that I'll never have a full afro again...not naturally that is but perhaps a lil man unit up there at the balding spot and I'll be game.

Top Bottom