• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Friday Gaming Thread

RScrewed

Grabbed the PS4 Pro with Modern Warfare for $299.99, then grabbed these games for $9.99:

God of War
Uncharted Collection
Last of Us Remastered
Horizon Zero Dawn
Gran Turismo Sport
Drive Club
Spider-Man GOTY
Rachet and Clank
Bloodbourne
Rainbow Six Siege
Anthem
GTA5 : Premium

I think my Xbox / Switch is going to get very little use for the next year or so.

TacosNSalsa

Oh and maybe a PSA for those that may not know : If you're going to Target they treat their web store and walk in stores differently . If you do not specifically ask to price match the web store they will charge you full price . Just be wary of that as it caught me off guard today and had to spend some time in the customer service line to get it adjusted

FranXico

giphy.gif

Weiji

Banned
I'm not a fan of prebuilt desktops but if I were to choose, i'd go with this one instead.

Thank you! I saw this one while I was looking previously. Any thoughts on what makes it the better choice? Or is it just a better value for the price?

Hostile_18

Banned
I bought this work or art as one of my two controllers only holds charge for an hour and a half (my Ps4 Day 1 controller). Love the colour <3
1ac5ce50167e7c6c55064061d884d62c-full.jpg

Nydus

I caved and ordered an Oculus rift S. I hope Im ok since my ipd is between 67 and 70. If push come to shove I can return it within a month with a sad face :(

Hulk_Smash

Banned
OP here: figured out that my girls aren’t THAT enthusiastic about getting an iPod. One wants a desk and chair for her bedroom and the other one wants a bow and arrow because she just recently got through reading hunger games LOL.

I did good on Black Friday purchase though. The bow and arrow set was a Black Friday sale as was Just Dance 2020 and I went ahead and bought them a couple of MP3 players (also Black Friday sales) since they were being merciful about not wanting $200 IPods anymore.

Mario Kart though... I bought a sealed copy from a lady on Facebook Marketplace. Pretty sure she got hers with a 5 finger discount since she had a stack of them.

I can’t really prove it though so...

demigod

Thank you! I saw this one while I was looking previously. Any thoughts on what makes it the better choice? Or is it just a better value for the price?

Better value and its custom built whereas the one at costco is most likely built at factory. Custom built you can easily change the motherboard unlike factory. Only downside to this is 8GB ram but its still way cheaper if you decide to buy additional ram.

Thurible

Got Pokken tournament, Captain Toad, Resident Evil Revelations on the wii u. Feels like a good haul! (I also got bead art of a red koopa from super mario bros 3 as a refrigerator magnet).

Kdad

OP here: figured out that my girls aren’t THAT enthusiastic about getting an iPod. One wants a desk and chair for her bedroom and the other one wants a bow and arrow because she just recently got through reading hunger games LOL.

I did good on Black Friday purchase though. The bow and arrow set was a Black Friday sale as was Just Dance 2020 and I went ahead and bought them a couple of MP3 players (also Black Friday sales) since they were being merciful about not wanting $200 IPods anymore.

Mario Kart though... I bought a sealed copy from a lady on Facebook Marketplace. Pretty sure she got hers with a 5 finger discount since she had a stack of them.

I can’t really prove it though so...
Bow and Arrow...you're raising a good kiddo!

Neofire

Ran across this on Facebook, seems legit. Put it in the cart and everything.

pesaddict

Banned

Ah man wheres the UK love 😪

ruvikx

Banned
I picked up an Xbox One X with Jedi Fallen Order for 330 euros here. Although it's listed as a "Black Friday" deal on Amazon it's what I'd consider normal for a console one year from the release of a new generation.

Reactions: Isa
Just picked up Prey, Lords of Shadow 2, Dark Souls 3 deluxe edition and The Witcher 3 Goty edition for £30 from CDKeys. I feel guilty at that price.

demigod

Are you serious? This screams scam.

Bogey

Banned
Was hoping for a deal on the Switch. Got absolutely nothing.

There was exactly one offer that could even remotely have been considered as a meaningful discount, and that was sold out instantly.

Wonder if there are going to be any actual deals after Christmas..

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I upgraded to Ultimate for $1 and added another 9 months to my Game Pass sub.

Amazon Game Pass Ultimate 3mos $24.99 - limit 2

Best Buy Game Pass Ultimate 3 mos $24.99 - limit 1

Target & GameStop also had them avail @ $26.99, but I'm good until Feb 2021 now so I didn't bother.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Was hoping for a deal on the Switch. Got absolutely nothing.

There was exactly one offer that could even remotely have been considered as a meaningful discount, and that was sold out instantly.

Wonder if there are going to be any actual deals after Christmas..

Typical Nintendo. Rarely ever do they encourage deals with retailers.

You do have Cyber Monday though.

The only deal I saw that caught my eye was God of War on PS4 for a tenner (£10) from Currys(UK) but alas they are out of stock online and no stores in my area have them in stock. :(

Edit: I saw CD Keys was selling this for £6.99 so created a US account, ordered it and now downloading as we speak. Nice.

Last edited:

demigod

Ace Conbat 7 is $15 at target. The psvr mode alone is worth that price with only 3 missions.

Awesome, might stop by Target later since it's today only. Was looking at this other day and it was like $40 on PSN. Are there anymore missions with addons?

Isa

Thanks CatLady CatLady for the deal links. I also upgraded to Ultimate, which was pretty cool since it seemingly gave me free time unless I misunderstood how it worked, my normal Gold and GP subs were due to expire around Jan 2020 and it said it then expire(d) in May of 2020 with the 1$ special. I went with the 3 you mentioned and now I'm set for Scarlett's launch.

Romulus

Hitting up Target after i drop the kids off by the pool, is this game better to play with ds4 or move?

The VR is ds4 only unless you have the thrust master. I would check online before you go to target, I saw they were low quantity.

I bought Fallout 4: GOTY edition for £7.50. Played through it on PS4 but I always wanted to try the Far Harbour DLC. And now I have a decent PC to try it on.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
My "black friday" (really black november) haul consists of:
1. LG 55" OLED C9. Best TV on the market. Completely smashes anything Samsung has to offer.
2. Sony Atmos receiver with atmos speakers
3. $199 PS VR - a bit of a disappoint as the VR looked pretty terrible and I got a headache trying to use it. Still I plan to give it a ton of chances.
4. Some graphic novels.

No games this year. Switch deals were shit (as I expected)

demigod

The VR is ds4 only unless you have the thrust master. I would check online before you go to target, I saw they were low quantity.

Got ace combat at the Target I went to. Son was playing Mario Tennis so i asked and they were oos, had to drive to a different Target.

Btw they are having b2g1 free next week.

SwishPants

Neo Member
The HyperX Cloud Flight wireless headset is on sale at Amazon for $79.99, normal price is $139.99. I paid almost full price for them a few months ago and they have been great. Well worth $79.99. Works on PS4, PC, and supposedly the latest firmware update added Switch support (in docked mode). Not sure if the mic works on the Switch though, but I would imagine so.

Linkage: Amazon US Link

Last edited:
The only decent deal I found for the Switch was for Kohl's, Switch + case + controller charging dock for $320 but it had $90 Kohl's cash back. I didn't even see it go live before selling out. In store they had a grand total of 10 available which sold out in seconds. Gamestop has one where they give you a $25 gift card when you buy a Switch.

TLZ

Banned
Grabbed the PS4 Pro with Modern Warfare for $299.99, then grabbed these games for $9.99:

God of War
Uncharted Collection
Last of Us Remastered
Horizon Zero Dawn
Gran Turismo Sport
Drive Club
Spider-Man GOTY
Rachet and Clank
Bloodbourne
Rainbow Six Siege
Anthem
GTA5 : Premium

I think my Xbox / Switch is going to get very little use for the next year or so.
Grabbed the whole PS hits eh. You're going to have one hell of a ride.

RScrewed

I refuse to believe this game is not worth the $4.99 that GameStop was selling it for.

Looks like I'll be reselling many of these games though, a lot are not to my taste. Should have done my research first, these "cinematic adventures" are not fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom