• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Hole Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
vincent.jpg

I just bought the DVD re-release. While the movie is very Disney (aside from the christian/mormon heaven hell ending) much of its visual design was really inspired.

The effects were pretty stellar for their time and as a kid I thought the movie was great. Compared to Alien, which came out the same year, it doesn't hold up very well at all but is still a fun movie to watch. The lighting is way too high key and contrasty and that makes it look a little cheap.

Oh yeah, no jokes about the title of the movie please.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Warm Machine said:
Trailer and featurette. That is all. Disney should have gone all out on this one like they did for Tron.

Hmm guess I'll keep the one I have for now...while I try to snag the re-release cheap somewhere down the line on ebay... WOO HOO BOTH SERIOUSLY B-MOVIE GUYVERS ARE GETTING RERELEASED NEXT WEEK.... aww shoot no additions to the DVD... <grumble> <grumble> Guyver 2 has some great martial arts sequences in it... don't hate.

MoxManiac

A movie called The Black Hole should be about a black hole that forms near earth and everyone is sucked inside and crushed to infinite density, not this.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
MoxManiac said:
A movie called The Black Hole should be about a black hole that forms near earth and everyone is sucked inside and crushed to infinite density, not this.

Hating on the Black Hole is a good way to get yourself in deep trouble dammit.

Crap I just released these Guyver's aren't re-releases I just own another region's release of Guyver 2....

xsarien

daedsiluap
Claus said:
He stole Captain Murphy's TEETH! That bastard!

Yeah. Seeing that episode for the first time, and then seeing The Black Hole's robot come out and start stealing his teeth had me in tears for the rest of the episode. I didn't think anyone had ever seen that movie besides me, let alone decide to make such a jarring reference to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom