• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

ultim8p00 said:
Looks fantastic.

Is it just me or have aksys dropped the damage on Noel's super?

Oh, one of the related videos starring Rachel vs Bang show off some new stuff. Bang's nail special drops even more nails and starts from way overhead so I can actually get some real damage going.

Fuck yea!

hxa155

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Mine just shipped, hope to have it by the end of next week :) I'm guessing by what you said that it works well on the PSP?

Yes, it works really well. I usually play fighters with a dual shock 3, though, so the PSP felt pretty good. The graphics took a hit, obviously, but it still looked good. Also, it has lots of content for a $30 game.

Zanken said:
Have you played the game?

Lambda is nerfed Nu. No jump cancel swords makes her much less threat, and her jump c stuff just doesn't feel as brutal. No ridiculous 6k combos anymore. Definitely more fun though. No more sword traps, she actually benefits from being aggressive when she has advantage instead of running away.

Tager actually has combos now, and people are winning tournaments with him. No, gadgetfinger doesn't combo, it's a reset move like Ragna's that points him in an advantageous position after doing it.

Tsubaki is mid low, for reasons you stated, and both Ragna and Litchi are top tier thanks to longer combos (system changes plus belial).

Jin is worse now, though I don't know why. Everyone I know who plays him though hates his changes.

Yes, I have played the game. I go to the arcades every 2 weeks or so. Tager is still Tager... He's still the reset king. I don't know why you're comparing gadget finger to Ragna's move though... Ragna's combos right after. Tager's doesnt. It's a reset move like you said. His tech traps are scarier now since his command throw does more damage (about 5k?... It's something ridiculous)... But like I said... His normal combos for some reason are weaker.

If you look at MikeZ, he was winning tournaments even in CT. That's like saying Bang was top tier because of Dora. There's always someone who will do well with them. Jpn has very little experience against Tagers though... If I remember correctly, someone was winning in beginner mode with Tager. I'd put him in mid-high tier this time around since the 3 top tiers from CT are not as good anymore (and Tager was horrible against zoning, which all 3 tops were good in in CT).

Jin has changed A LOT. He's probably somewhere around mid tier... Although Dennou (the only pro Jin players in Japan) has been finding some weird combos (you can connect 5B right after ice car!). He plays NOTHING like the old Jin, which is probably why people hate his changes now. Akachan couldn't play with him at the arcades.

Same as Noel... She changed A LOT... The one top player that I know is R-1.

I still don't understand the flame that I'm getting from people saying that Lambda is SUPER nerfed. She's not SUPER nerfed... She's nerfed the right amount, imo (note: balanced). Her zoning isn't as good but she has an awesome mid range game now... Her dashing attacks are really scary (air unblockable even if you green up), and her ground spikes/ground wheel sets up a lot of primer breakers. Her corner combos look REALLY fun to do... But I believe it's character specific and timing is very strict.

Rachel is definitely the worst character in the game. She plays exactly like how she was supposed to be played in CT (good zoner with poke & run game), except there is almost no reward because her combos do almost no damage (I believe someone said around 4.5k if you start a combo from 5B). She is extremely annoying to play against though.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
momolicious said:
It seems not many people are playing this anymore :\

Game didn't have much competitive value. It's why the BB community gave up their slot at Evo to Marvel. It will pick up with CS, which is a much stronger game.

Coeliacus

Prototype-03 said:
Yes, I have played the game. I go to the arcades every 2 weeks or so. Tager is still Tager... He's still the reset king. I don't know why you're comparing gadget finger to Ragna's move though... Ragna's combos right after. Tager's doesnt. It's a reset move like you said.
Which is exactly how Ragna uses it. Yes, he can combo into it's only a few hits in, but it's not worth it. It's value has always been ending combos, much more so now before since they cut it's damage in half. I don't know about you, but facing a gadget finger wakeup is scary. Not Zangief crossup scary, but still very scary. Tager can hold onto momentum now, which is something he didn't have before.

Fugu

arstal said:
Game didn't have much competitive value. It's why the BB community gave up their slot at Evo to Marvel. It will pick up with CS, which is a much stronger game.
Probably should have told that to the tournament goers. The middle sentence is inaccurate, too.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Fugu said:
Probably should have told that to the tournament goers. The middle sentence is inaccurate, too.

They asked on dustloop, and the community said they'd rather wait till next year. BB died up locally pretty fast as well, and our area was mad serious about GG, and is now mad serious about Melty.

BB did a lot of things right, the game itself didn't hold up. BBCS should hold up though. I'm not spouting off haterade here.

Fugu

arstal said:
They asked on dustloop, and the community said they'd rather wait till next year. BB died up locally pretty fast as well, and our area was mad serious about GG, and is now mad serious about Melty.

BB did a lot of things right, the game itself didn't hold up. BBCS should hold up though. I'm not spouting off haterade here.
Yes but that's not why they said they'd rather wait until next year. Here in Toronto and internationally (as indicated by the amount of players still playing it) the competitive community for BB:CT only disappeared because CS replaced it; without that happening it's likely that would have kept going uninterrupted.

arstal said:

No. BB gave up their slot to MELTY BLOOD for EVO because everyone had moved on to CS and they wanted the rest of the the community to catch up with a home release before they join EVO.

xero273

hikarutilmitt said:
No. BB gave up their slot to MELTY BLOOD for EVO because everyone had moved on to CS and they wanted the rest of the the community to catch up with a home release before they join EVO.

Pretty sure it was marvel. MB won the voting thing. I don't remember what happened but evo guys asked the BB community if they wanted BB in evo. If they didn't, what game did they want instead. Community chose MvC2.

Zanken said:
Evo: "Do you BB guys want in?"
Evo: Announces BB anyway.
Dustloop: Meh, we're all playing the new one.
Evo: "Oh, damn... umm. We can play Marvel on our PS3s right? Okay trade Blazblue for Marvel"
Dustloop: shrugs.

Melty Blood was selected individually, it was just announced at the same time as dropping Blazblue. That said, having MB in may have been what prompted Evo to look at dumping BB.

Yeah my bad, I remember it the other way around for some reason (BBCT dropping for Melty). I don't know why I thought that. Probably because it seemed odd to NOT have Marvel at Evo and having something relatively niche like MB.

V_Arnold

Hm...any chance of the lowly 360 EU-Gaf fighting community giving this game a chance? If everything goes well, I can buy this early next week, but looking some of the salty comments previous commenters make... ohmy.

There will be several people around here in Hungary buying this, at least 6+, and beside this presenting an opportunity to get better in a faster-paced fighting game, I am looking forward to dueling against some of the european gamers too...

But when did the stance on this game change? Before SSFIV's details, you guys were all over Blazblue (bah to SFIV, blazblue hell yeah, etc) - how come this happened? Or is this just the usual hype first, regret later mentality? :D

xero273

V_Arnold said:
But when did the stance on this game change? Before SSFIV's details, you guys were all over Blazblue (bah to SFIV, blazblue hell yeah, etc) - how come this happened? Or is this just the usual hype first, regret later mentality? :D

I guess everything changed when BB:CS came out. According to the BB community CS is just so much better than CT. This is what you were referring to, correct?

V_Arnold

xero273 said:
I guess everything changed when BB:CS came out. According to the BB community CS is just so much better than CT. This is what you were referring to, correct?

Well, might be that...but then again: is it worth it to buy the original if you have an EU 360 and simply have no other choice?

V_Arnold said:
Well, might be that...but then again: is it worth it to buy the original if you have an EU 360 and simply have no other choice?

I'd say so. It's absolutely worth it if you likely won't be getting CS for a good long while.

Yes! BlazBlue Continuum Shift has been announced for PS3 and 360 from Aksys Games. The game will be released this summer 2010. Get hyped!

…Rebel 1… FIGHT!

The ground-breaking High Definition 2D fighter BlazBlue makes its triumphant return to home consoles!

Get your ticket to Kagutsuchi, ‘cause the hype train is coming!

Torrance, CA (March 19th, 2010) – Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products, proudly announces BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, coming summer 2010! BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger was recently a top-4 finalist in the VGA Awards, and Aksys Games is proud to announce that we will be bringing the arcade sequel to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from Sony!

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift inherits all the key features of its predecessor while adding a few twists of its own. Tsubaki, μ-12 and Hazama will join the ranks of the veterans, who will be reborn with additional moves added to their arsenals. With new modes like Beginner Mode and Tutorial Mode, even fighting game beginners can pull off combos like the pros and dive right into the action.

Full Press Release, Screenshots and Trailer after the jump.

“If you’re not on the hype train this time, you’re missing out on the latest, greatest 2D game from Arc”, exclaims Gail Salamanca, Marketing Director at Aksys Games. “GET HYPE, CHOO CHOO!”
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Key Features:

New Modes, including Beginner Mode, Tutorial Mode and Challenge Mode!

Beginner Mode welcomes a wider audience with an easier control scheme; anyone can jump right in and play! Tutorial Mode allows novices and pros to practice everything from the basic mechanics unique to BlazBlue to the most complicated and powerful combos. Challenge Mode offers advanced players a chance to complete character-specific combo goals and missions.
Take over Kagutsuchi by creating your own army in Legion Mode!

Defeat the enemy armies positioned at various locations on the map. The ultimate goal is to fill the entire map with your color by defeating all the enemy armies. Recruit enemy soldiers by defeating them!
Brand new characters, stages, soundtracks and moves!

Welcome Hazama the mysterious mastermind, Tsubaki the valiant female knight and μ-12 to the world of BlazBlue!

Three-dimensional effects and 2D visuals integrate seamlessly on every one of four completely new stages, accompanied by seven banging new songs written by famed composer Diasuke Ishiwatari specifically for Continuum Shift!
Online battling domestically and overseas!

Players can battle others from around the world via Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Network. Players can not only search for matches, play games and observe matches online; they can also chat with friends while playing.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/03/1...to-your-xbox-360-and-playstation-3-this-fall/

xero273

now all we need is price and everything is good to go.

EDIT: wow just checked the japanese price. 7140 yen for the regular edition :lol. Hopefully, NA version does not follow this pricing.

Drame

I love you Aksys, and you will have my monies, twice!

Got my BlazBlue Portable today and played it on my way home. Really, really neat version of the game. I didn't have the time to start the Legion Mode yet, but think I'll test it out tonight. All in all, great version of the game. Also, the Bang Install is in the Portable version too, so nothing is lost!

xero273

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Is there a confirmed release date?

for japan, it is july 1st. NA date so far is this summer. Hopefully NA release is the week after jpn release. That's how it was for CT release.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
July 1
For Japan

I have one request: for PS3 version, allow us the same loading the game to HD as the 360 version had.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MattyH said:
ok just checked play.com and the date for the EU release has changed again to 2nd of april now
wtf is going on

LOL, what is the point? Why don't they just cancel it and release Continuum Shift in EU instead?

xero273

Lyte Edge said:
LOL, what is the point? Why don't they just cancel it and release Continuum Shift in EU instead?

lol Because they are planning to release CS a couple months before Blazblue 2 :lol

Drame said:
That's certainly weird, why would they postpone the UK release by a week?

Because they seem really intent on having me cancel my pre-order? The release date's a fucking joke, how the hell can you announce the date a week before it's coming out and then fail to meet it?

MattyH said:
thats a load of bollocks
so uk gets shafted by a week
unless zavvi count as european releasing

Don't get my hopes up you bastard!

I think Zavvi's just really slow, only updated the release date to the 26th a few days ago (because it not as though they obviously gave retailers the 19th date unofficially or anything)

Kapwan

Neo Member
I'm really curious how Nu-12 will play in CS. I'm wondering how different the home release will be from the arcade version of CS and if Aksys will charge $60 for it in the U.S. or frop it to $40 like SSFIV. I'll probably get it either way but it should cost $40 or less.

Top Bottom