• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Canadian PS3 EBGames Preorder Thread

-Rogue5-

Crazymoogle said:
I know at some of the stores EB staff are actually taking the order list straight at the line outside and then letting those people in to do preorders before the mall is open.

That's all fine and good, but there are like 12 entrances to this mall... and each entrance has like 4 doord minimum...

Crazymoogle said:
I know at some of the stores EB staff are actually taking the order list straight at the line outside and then letting those people in to do preorders before the mall is open.

I don't think Eaton Centre is doing that.

Rogue, check your PMs.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Stench said:
**** that's it, i can't take it anymore

i'm ****ing camping out

AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I REALLY DONT WANT TO BE DOING THIS BUT ALL OF YOU FRICKIN' NERDS OUT THERE HAVE FORCED MY HAND

I HATE YOU ALL

I'm leaving in 15 minutes, and that parking lot had BETTER BE EMPTY WHEN I GET THERE

ahahahahahahahaha

Cheryl: I can't tell you directly, but you guessed the number already. Not the first number you said, the second. I'm going to be out there waiting as well. We open early on monday, 8:30, so I guess I'll be seeing you in line.

eb employees are NOTallowed to pre order systems tomorrow...period. They are having there own preorders starting at a later date....tell Cheryl to get her ass out of line...lol.

-Rogue5- said:
That's all fine and good, but there are like 12 entrances to this mall... and each entrance has like 4 doord minimum...

Then I hope you've played some Junior A hockey or something. Because if there's no entrance immediately near the EB, they'll either take orders on the biggest line (if they see it) or just open for business, in which case it's a free for all...but if they spot somebody pushing others...off the order list they go.

rs7k

People are camping out now?? I plan to wake up at 5:30am for this shit, I'll be so ridiculously mad if I don't get one. I know the entrance closest to the mall, and if I see people there, my blood pressure's gonna hit the roof.

Pickering and the entire GTA are higher density areas than Barrie right? I'd also imagine more people like video games there, since every Asian kid I know is obsessed with the Playstation (not trying to be racist here).

Tabris

DarkGiygas said:
theres already like 10 people outside my EB, half for ps3, half for wii, since around 8pm

im in pickering

... Seriousely, there better not be anyone outside my EB.

haha

i was just walking by, going to get pizza, saw a bunch of ppl outside. i thought they were just homeless people at first, cause i didnt think out here people would line up for preorders. someone there was saying they talked to someone at an eb in toronto and there was around 25 people lined up, and that was a couple hours ago

edit: no asians were there lol

rs7k

Part of me says I need to camp out now if I ever want to get one, and the other part tells me I'm ****ing crazy to consider spending an entire night outside a shopping mall.

i swear to ****ing god If I drive for 30 minutes and there is people camping out side I will murder somebody

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRrr

M3Freak

Banned
I'm not doing any camping - screw that. I'll see if I can land a preorder at some point tomorrow at a store other than Future Shop, Best Buy, or EB. If not, oh well. I'll try to get one on launch day. If that doesn't work either, I'll just wait... :(

SickBoy

I'm going to get up early tomorrow and check stuff out. I had to take my wife out to pick up a few things, so I took a route past one of the non-mall EBs. Five people camped out before 9 p.m. Insane. I'll still check it out tomorrow, but I think my odds of success are slim to none. I'd consider sticking around either way for the Wii, but I've got a Wiiorder through Toys 'R Us already.

Ckid

i planned on going at like 5am but i just checked my eb games and there was already people sitting outside. so f it

Terrell

Considering it's supposed to be -7 and snowing overnight here, I doubt there will be a lot of campers where I'm at... unless they really want to run a serious frostbite risk and all.

i don't feel like going through this agrivation,
i decided not to go with the pre-order crap and take my chances with a Wal-Mart or Best Buy or Furutes Shop on Launch day

since Wal-Mart doesn't take pre-orders, I chose them

suikodan

I'm lucky, it's 3AM and my EBGames is still deserted. I don't want to freeze for nothing...

except I don't want to arrive and see 20 persons in line. :p

MutFox

Banned
I think i'm gonna go at 8am...
If there are more than 10 people, I'll just leave. (Since the store said they'd only get 10.)
It's raining super hard right now, and there are 6 Korean people camping out...

Kittonwy

Banned
All the entrances at Scarborough Town Centre are LOCKED. Now I have to go home and get on the 21 Brimley Bus down at 5:30am, and wait at that door hoping I can storm the EB the minute the stupid doors open, this freakin' sucks. It's a total crap-shoot at this point.

Prax

You better be the only one camping outside STC... (it opens at 10am, right?)
I was planning on dropping by on my way to school (UTSC) to see if I could place a preorder or not.. but if too many of you guys are going to be there, I'll just forget about even trying.

Launch day won't be THAT bad... I hope.

suikodan

Prax said:

It's going to be worse, believe me. Fortunately, I won't buy it in Montreal but I would bring a baseball bat just in case. I remember the PS2 launch. :lol

Hmmm, I know what I'll do, go to a montreal subburb and wait in front of a Future shop or....
go to a Microplay I know which isn't very known and wait in front of the store till it opens.

Two options.... ughh.

No I can't wait in line at a EB for a pre-order because I got a project that needs to be handled off to a teacher.

Left at 6am to my local EB only to find 21 people camping at a location that was taking 8 preorders (and 13 for the wii). Seeing that the list is already filled up I said screw it. Guess I'll have to look at another alternative. EB really dropped the ball on this one, especially since they sent out emails too early.

Zalasta

BulletSmoke said:
EB really dropped the ball on this one, especially since they sent out emails too early.

I'd say it's because EB did the Canadian pre-order a week too late. By now most people would have known how the US pre-order day went, not to mention how much the PS3 is going for on eBay. So you guys are either facing more scalpers waiting in line, or hard-core gamers who don't want to miss out, or both.

aechris

You guys are scaring the piss out of me. I preordered at TRU a couple months ago and am expecting to be able to just walk in and pick one up launch morning. I was just going to go an hour before opening, isn't this going to work? That's what I did with my 64 and GCN.

I don't think it's going to be that bad at all. There's a lot of Wiis to go around, right? Right??

Grok4Spock

Another thing that will suck is that I'm sure not as many Wiis or PS3s are being allocated to Canada. I expect to read pages and pages of pissed off Canadians today... :lol

Just got back from EB in Montreal Eaton Centre.

AND I got my Wii pre-ordered!

PS3 went FAST, as in they were gone in seconds. Wii went just as fast.

Stats: 8 PS3, 15 Wii

dankir

yeah same here, I got in line at 630 all the Ps3s were gone, but I have a few already so thats okay but I got a Wii. But it was fun, got a Mario Kart DS lan game set up with 3 ppl.

I've been PsWii60d

Hey hotshot were u line with me? You were at the Ebgames near the metro right?

dankir said:
yeah same here, I got in line at 630 all the Ps3s were gone, but I have a few already so thats okay but I got a Wii. But it was fun, got a Mario Kart DS lan game set up with 3 ppl.

I've been PsWii60d

Hey hotshot were u line with me? You were at the Ebgames near the metro right?

Yeah.

I was the guy with the black ECKO hoodie and black hat.

Kittonwy

Banned
Prax said:
You better be the only one camping outside STC... (it opens at 10am, right?)
I was planning on dropping by on my way to school (UTSC) to see if I could place a preorder or not.. but if too many of you guys are going to be there, I'll just forget about even trying.

Nope, I didn't end up getting one, 8 units at STC and there was already a crowd there by 6, IT WASN'T EVEN CLOSE.

Kittonwy

Banned
Oh and...

cry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Grok4Spock said:
Another thing that will suck is that I'm sure not as many Wiis or PS3s are being allocated to Canada. I expect to read pages and pages of pissed off Canadians today... :lol

To my own surprise I'm not that upset over it, I know I'll have it eventually one way or another (I didn't get my US PS2 until two days before Christmas), all I know is lining up sucks and I would rather be sleeping during those few precious hours on my day off today. As such I might not even bother lining up in November, maybe over at the Sony Store but not at BB, too damn cold and overnight lines are killer.

suikodan

I finally took my chair and sleeping bag and headed to the EBGames in Mascouche (like, 2km from home) at 5hAM and there was a car there so I was 2nd.

Lucky me, they had 6 PS3 and 15 Wii. Two employees took a PS3 and we were exactly four outside. :lol

dankir

suikodan said:
I finally took my chair and sleeping bag and headed to the EBGames in Mascouche (like, 2km from home) at 5hAM and there was a car there so I was 2nd.

Lucky me, they had 6 PS3 and 15 Wii. Two employees took a PS3 and we were exactly four outside. :lol

Really? None of the Eb employees were getting a PS3 or Wii at my store.

-Rogue5-

hotspot, dankir: I was there too and was one of the ones that got a Wii-preorder as well. I don't remember seeing either you... although the guy in front of me was wearing a grey sweater/jacket, I don't remember if it was Rocawear or not though...

...were you in line specifically for a Wii by any chance?

dankir

-Rogue5- said:
hotspot, dankir: I was there too and was one of the ones that got a Wii-preorder as well. I don't remember seeing either you... although the guy in front of me was wearing a grey sweater/jacket, I don't remember if it was Rocawear or not though...

...were you in line specifically for a Wii by any chance?

Well I already had both systems on pre order at other places but I was trying to get another one. I was playing my DS lite with two other guys.

-Rogue5-

dankir said:
Well I already had both systems on pre order at other places but I was trying to get another one. I was playing my DS lite with two other guys.

The group at the front of the line, or the group kind of in the middle of the line (in front of the Canadiana store)?

dankir

I was more towards the front. Are you sure you talking about the the right Ebgames the one inside Complex Les Ailes by the metro. Anyways what did you guys get today?

I got:

Wii
Zelda
Red Steel
Resistance
Ps3 Controller
Ps2 to Ps3 memory card adapter

rs7k

WOOOOOOO!!! Playstation 3 60GB preordered in full!!

I woke up at 5:30, got there at 6, and there was a waiting area in the vestibule. My EB planned it very well, as every entrance had a poster indicating where the waiting area, and at 7, they took us down to EB and we waited there until 9:30.

There was 7 PS3's and 14 Wiis. The lineups were separate, and I was #4 for PS3 at 6:10am. 3 more people showed up at 7:15 for the PS3. We had to turn down everyone else that wanted a PS3, including a pissed off grandma. Some guy we told the lineup was full came back and started standing in line for an hour, and he ignored us when we told him he wasn't gonna get one. When all 7 of us got one, they told him they were out. What an idiot. I saw him walk into Futureshop, and then the Sony Store. I was in the Sony Store at the time to talk to a friend who works there, and that guy offered me $900 ($200 on top of what I paid in full) and I called him a cheapskate. Good times lol.

Surprisingly, there seemed to be much more interest in the Wii. Everyone who walked by the line was excited at the prospect of a new Nintendo. It seemed like the lineup for Wii was full of old people who were buying it for themselves. Maybe Ninty's strategy will pay off.

The EB was the one in Barrie at the Georgian Mall.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
No luck for me, 10 people already lined up at 7am. Store is only getting 5. Oh well, there are other places that will have them.

Dakkon

Just walked by Pacific Center in Vancouver, and there were like 35-40 people in line (at 7am). I wanted to pre-order a Wii, but then I thought about the launch line up and figured it would wait until after Xmas..

Top Bottom