• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships Wimbledon, 2016 |OT| Brexit at Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Rain delay...was watching Bouchard,not great but she is winning but Rybarikova is almost playing on one leg...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I would actually favor Del Po in that. Wawrinka is not known for being a top 10 player on grass.

He probably doesn't need to be a top ten player on grass to beat Del Potro right now lol. He's made the quarters the last two years, losing to Roger after winning the first set and losing the second in a tiebreak, and losing to Gasquet in five sets in one of the better matches last year (11-9 in the fifth). I think you're underestimating him. If Stan has an off day though, who knows, but I doubt it.

Ricker

Wozniacki: "I don't read about myself...If I read everything written about me the last 15 yrs by now I probably would've jumped off a cliff"

lol... she lost today also.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wozniacki: "I don't read about myself...If I read everything written about me the last 15 yrs by now I probably would've jumped off a cliff"

lol... she lost today also.

Rough opener for her. What's she ranked these days?

Kifimbo

Ughh,its going to be one of those days with intermittent rain delays all day...oh well.

Forecast:

LNALFzh.png

oti

Banned
I wish I could just buy a Wimbledon pass or something from Sky. I don't want anything else, just Wimbledon. :(

Despite unsurprisingly getting completely thrashed this guy has most definitely got talent, the right training and could have been a quality player

Bencic played exceptionally well to beat Pironkova 6-2, 6-3 on her first ever match on Centre Court. She said "It is going to be my court soon [I hope]" in the after match interview. If she keeps playing like that, perhaps very soon indeed. Great to see her properly recovered from her injuries, moving well and enjoying the game again.

Outside Centre though, another rough day with the rain. Annika Beck took a nasty fall, hurting her ankle, immediately after telling the umpire the court was dangerous to play on. Not good. Heather Watson had completely collapsed and lost 7 games in a row, but can rest overnight now.

Good to see the organisers decided to move Bouchard and Rybarikova to Centre to finish their match, but with 6 men's first rounds and 8 more women's first rounds still to finish on day 4 the schedule is wrecked now.

Ricker

Bencic played exceptionally well to beat Pironkova 6-2, 6-3 on her first ever match on Centre Court. She said "It is going to be my court soon [I hope]" in the after match interview. If she keeps playing like that, perhaps very soon indeed. Great to see her properly recovered from her injuries, moving well and enjoying the game again.

Outside Centre though, another rough day with the rain. Annika Beck took a nasty fall, hurting her ankle, immediately after telling the umpire the court was dangerous to play on. Not good. Heather Watson had completely collapsed and lost 7 games in a row, but can rest overnight now.

Good to see the organisers decided to move Bouchard and Rybarikova to Centre to finish their match, but with 6 men's first rounds and 8 more women's first rounds still to finish on day 4 the schedule is wrecked now.

Yeah that caught me by surprise and I almost missed it after checking on and off all day...but she won.She will have to play much better against Konta though if she wants to move on...

Ricker

Bencic retires at the start of the seond set with a wrist injury...Boserup moves on.

25 Aces for Raonic and he moves to R3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom