• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE CLONE WARS Season V lOTl Heroes Fall, Darth Maul Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was funny on the mural painting at Celebration of big characters who might die this season, they had Embo. I was like... really? Who cares about Embo.

Gray Man

Banned
Was funny on the mural painting at Celebration of big characters who might die this season, they had Embo. I was like... really? Who cares about Embo.

I think the more important question here is... where's Kitster!

I know we get to see Ben Quadronaros in poster form soon :p

that Obiwan vs Maul and Savage was fast and bad ass.

lucas didn't even try to hide that hanging ham on savage's lol

really like savage being a brute and maul agile

Gray Man

Banned
that Obiwan vs Maul and Savage was fast and bad ass.

lucas didn't even try to hide that hanging ham on savage's lol

Hanging Ham?

Remember Lucas Produces, and writes occasionally. Dave Filioni is the Director/Supervising director.

One of the main directors for Avatar: The Last Airbender series.

antonz

Fantastic season premiere. With all the Trailer teases for this season it looks like it should be one hell of a season.

Fezan

really liked the episode and one thing i liked was that kenobi was strong enough to face bots darth maul and his brother.Usually the jedi seem to be very weak

Slayven

really liked the episode and one thing i liked was that kenobi was strong enough to face bots darth maul and his brother.Usually the jedi seem to be very weak
Well he had them in a tight spot. Maul is like 8 tall and Savage is built like a rhino. Out in the open he would have got wore down. I guess there is a good reason you don't see massive Jedi/Smith.

Kenobi is essentially the greatest Jedi with all the opponents hes bested. He has a heck of a history and the clone wars keeps building on that.

Gray Man

Banned
Clone Wars Fans, Episode 2 aired this morning. Any thoughts? It wasn't as action packed as last weeks, but I happen to enjoy these slower, character driven episodes.

What did you all think?

I felt that it was one of those episodes aimed more at kids, because of the simpler/lazier writing. The love interest that became clear way to early on and the practice on the droid tank, which of course did not work out, but when a real tank approached it went great all of the sudden.

Calling it now that in the next episode they'll have to fight droidekas in a massive battle with one of the main characters, probably Ahsoka, in great danger and one of the recruits, the girl most likely, has to pull of that grenade roll to save her life.

Wasn't a bad episode overall and I liked Rex's battle armour. It looked like an early battle armour version of the Imperial Officer uniform

Slayven

They flubbed, the Jedi that got the horns last ep was alive in the Jedi meeting. But they will just say it is another of her species.

Shapingo

They flubbed, the Jedi that got the horns last ep was alive in the Jedi meeting. But they will just say it is another of her species.

Adi Gallia is her name and the episodes are not shown in order. She also appears in another episode much later in the season.

I hope Deathwatch gets revenge on Lux. (this character has no likable qualities)

Gray Man

Banned
Adi Gallia is her name and the episodes are not shown in order. She also appears in another episode much later in the season.

I hope Deathwatch gets revenge on Lux. (this character has no likable qualities)

The way they do this can be sort of confusing, but at least they clarify eventually.

They've been running the episodes sequentially for the past couple of seasons. The season premiere was apparently an exception as they wanted to move up Maul's reappearance for hype purposes.

Remember when Hondo said in the premiere that Grievous showed up and busted up his base? That's also in an upcoming episode.

Like seeing them using the planet Onderon and acknowledging the beast riders from back in the Tales of the Jedi comics, but the episode was pretty meh. Lame romance stuff.

The show jumps around, they likely will say this episode takes place before the season premier. Season 3 was especially bad on this as they were completely out of order timeline wise and it was confusing. It's an anthology series so it hops around between characters and time.

bunch of terrorist using car explosives. lol
Does this mean Yoda is Bin Laden hiding in the caves as seen in Return of the Jedi.

Well, that's pretty much the point. This arc is all about blowback. The Jedi/Republic are setting up and training all these insurgents on different planets, which will come to bite the Empire down the line once they all group together as the Rebel Alliance.

Still not feeling this arc. Thing that's bugging me is that the action scenes in all this have been so terribly directed. Just really boring, slow, and straight forward battles with little to no tension or anything exciting happening. First episode had the same with the really lame line of droids just walking towards them, and constantly repeating the exact same rolling the grenades, and tank captures.... I pray this ends in the next episode or something interesting happens.

WillyFive

This has been a great arc, especially because of how methodological it has been. Actual rules and consequences.

However, I hope it ends soon; I don't like it when an arc is stretched longer than it should be.

I'm not feeling this arc too. Maybe its because of those droids.

The droids have been extra stupid this arc. Boring fights that repeat themselves, really dumb droids, and simplified guerilla warfare campaign and logic. And the whole love/leadership triangle crap has been cringe worthy. Next episode looks like its gonna suck with the whole leadership in fighting.

antonz

Arc has been alright. In a way its establishing important lore points for later on. I admit though im eager to get to the maul/palpatine stuff

is that the end of arc?
I was just watching season 3 opener (Mortis)
this seems to be weaker compared to the previous seasons (excluding season 1-2), and the animation is not that good

This episode was much better than the previous two thanks to stuff actually happening and not just watching the boring rebel banter. Glad they quickly dropped the whole leadership argument.

There is at least another episode maybe more in this arc, previews showed much more footage with these characters. Don't know if they will go past 4 episode arcs this season though.

antonz

Seemed a pretty decent end to the arc. Was nice to finally see the beasts of onderon which is what the planets always been so famous for with the beast riders etc

I've really enjoyed this season so far, they haven't shied away from showing some pretty harrowing stuff. the last episode especially, didn't see the end coming at all.

speaking of, what's the future for this now that disney own lucasfilm? will the sale have any impact at all? we can expect this season to finish, but will they cancel it or put it on the back burner afterwards?

Don't see them canceling it if it continues to do so well. It's a driving force of toy sales also which in turn makes Disney more money now.

abundant

speaking of, what's the future for this now that disney own lucasfilm? will the sale have any impact at all? we can expect this season to finish, but will they cancel it or put it on the back burner afterwards?

Nothing has been announced yet, but I think it's save to say that this will be the last season of Clone Wars on CN.

Don't see them canceling it if it continues to do so well. It's a driving force of toy sales also which in turn makes Disney more money now.

that's a good point, I didn't think of that.

the show must be nearing its end now anyway, can they really do more than two or three seasons about the clone wars and anakin turning bad / and whatever happens to snips.

Nothing has been announced yet, but I think it's save to say that this will be the last season of Clone Wars on CN.

I fully support that. I'll never forgive their treatment of young justice and green lantern.

Just so you know, Disney has done shady shit like that too, like canceling Avengers EMH, just so they can replace it with another Avengers show.

WHAT? emh has been cancelled? we're just getting the second season in the uk. I went out of my way not to watch them before they aired in the uk to support the show on disney.

bloody hell, this is seriously depressing news. it's straight up bs is what is it.

I watched two episodes of this last weekend with my little brother. Neither of us watch it much. I saw the one where Anakin and Ahsoka were training some rebels on some planet, and one where Darth Maul and his brother fought against Obi Wan for a bit before they escaped in an escape pod.

Show seems pretty good, and I'm a pretty big star wars fan. Has this show seen any good sales on black friday in the past? Would it be terribly expensive to buy the first 2-3 seasons?

Don't think so at all. Clone Wars is a big part of the merchandising plans for Lucasfilm which usually has to be done pretty well in advance. CW also has done extremely well for itself and far more than the other shows folks are lamenting like the Avengers and previous comic efforts. CW also has the advantage that it's production was all in house which now belongs to Disney as well unlike the outsourced work being done on previous shows that were acquired by Disney. They would be kicking themselves to not at least do one more season to finish this all up and get as much out of it as they can.

Arc

I was thinking about getting into this. Wasn't there a microseries by the same name way back though? Is this series related to it in any way?

I watched two episodes of this last weekend with my little brother. Neither of us watch it much. I saw the one where Anakin and Ahsoka were training some rebels on some planet, and one where Darth Maul and his brother fought against Obi Wan for a bit before they escaped in an escape pod.

Show seems pretty good, and I'm a pretty big star wars fan. Has this show seen any good sales on black friday in the past? Would it be terribly expensive to buy the first 2-3 seasons?

On a good sale you can get them for about $20 a season. They're often found at $25 to $30 a season. These are Blu Ray prices too.

abundant

Don't think so at all. Clone Wars is a big part of the merchandising plans for Lucasfilm which usually has to be done pretty well in advance. CW also has done extremely well for itself and far more than the other shows folks are lamenting like the Avengers and previous comic efforts. CW also has the advantage that it's production was all in house which now belongs to Disney as well unlike the outsourced work being done on previous shows that were acquired by Disney. They would be kicking themselves to not at least do one more season to finish this all up and get as much out of it as they can.

I didn't say CW would be canceled after this season, just that it won't be on CN. This already happened before with the Super Hero Squad show when Disney bought Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom