• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The coolest sword in a game? Why, it's the Brotherhood, of course.

The Master sword and Monado destroy FFX's poop. The monado's versatility and iconicity make it a special sword in the industry in general, but also makes it a personal fave because of what it represents by being the face of my favourite Nintendo game. Plus it's just plain cool looking. I'm really feelin' it!

The Grandfather from the Diablo series has always been one of the best

VUPgtjt.png

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Alastor from Devil May Cry 1. Sparta is pretty nice too with it's shape shifting design.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Look up Lineage 2 weapon designs, those that that know, know that L2 has some amazing designs for all weapon categories.

Santar

Very hard to pick only one but i REALLY love the design of the Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles.
Monado-1024x371.png

Really? To me the Xeonblade sword always looked like a plastic toy :p
He-Man's sword of power was always pretty darn awesome though.
Looking at it now it does maybe look a little plain and heavy.
What? He's been in games :p

redfox088

Banned
latest

The most badass sword design imo...from the most badass JRPG opening scene ever...honestly if you have not played the game you owe it to yourself to watch the opening of lost odyssey
lostodyssey.jpg

kromeo

He-Man's sword of power was always pretty darn awesome though.
Looking at it now it does maybe look a little plain and heavy.
What? He's been in games :p

I used to have the ultimate he man sword when i was a kid, it made a noise when you swung it and everything :D

HeManSwordKidSized1a.jpg

anyone who posts some boring ass regular katana or broadsword in this thread should be banned from talking about swords forever

only cool swords allowed. must be a gun or magic or otherwise weird and cool

Gbraga

anyone who posts some boring ass regular katana or broadsword in this thread should be banned from talking about swords forever

only cool swords allowed. must be a gun or magic or otherwise weird and cool

Sarcasm, right?

It's surprising to me to see how many people seem to actually like the hideous overdesigned crap that games usually have as the LEGENDARY SUPER POWERFUL SWORD-THING.

Eew.

N30RYU

Gold Member
HF Muramasa

5IvxsgH.gif

By2FGQk.jpg

ImyjftQ.jpg

Shoot that sword out of the sheathe and swing it batou jutsu style.
I can't stop myself from asking for a nextgen port begging everytime I see this amazing game....

I blame you sony for fooling me with that ps4 announcement trailer with Rising in it...

Sarcasm, right?

It's surprising to me to see how many people seem to actually like the hideous overdesigned crap that games usually have as the LEGENDARY SUPER POWERFUL SWORD-THING.

Eew.
I don't think that was sarcasm

Loki, Cloud's buster sword is one of the GOAT but his sword in Advent Children is legit one of the ugliest swords ever to look at

aaand it happened

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

Oh please, like Soul Calibur needs an explanation, of course, if someone does not know what or where does Soul Calibur comes, or a little of the story, then I feel sorry for you my friend. (I admit, Soul Edge is way more popular, but the Soul Blades are a basic knowledge to those who like swords in videogames, they are just too emblematic)

I don't get the Monado. It looks like a plastic keychain or a capped thumbdrive.

But then I'm struggling to think of a sword design that speaks to me for aesthetic reasons. I'm tempted to say Ludwig's Holy Blade (Bloodborne) because I like the moveset in both longsword and greatsword forms.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Nothing beats clearing a screen with a single swipe of an absurdly oversized sword.

8CaJldq.jpg

3D Dot Game heroes was awesome ... MLy main problems with it is thgat the best sword was pretty boring to get and it never got tranlated in French which was a lesser problem than getting the Giga Sword for Tennager me.

But damn some sword can be really long.

Cloud7

Cloud Strife/Zack Fair's Buster Sword from the original Final Fantasy VII game wins this for me. I love it so much. It's beefy but also slim at the same time. It's powerful, bold, and "grungy" looking which fits the game aesthetic of Midgar.

Top Bottom