• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew Wild Run |OT| Never Drive Alone

0racle

I should get this from Amazon tomorrow

does the 40$ retail release also include season pass content? is it like a GOTY edition with the the wild run addition?

I should get this from Amazon tomorrow

does the 40$ retail release also include season pass content? is it like a GOTY edition with the the wild run addition?

No. There's a $60 digital edition called The Complete Edition that includes the season pass.

Traded in the new Need For Speed the other day. Thought the races were very boring and lifeless. I'll probably be buying this now. Excited to see what's been done in the year since it released.

U2NUMB

Yea that has to have been a mistake.. I have a physical copy of the crew but I want to go all digital with wild run so the game plus WR better be 39.99 digitally or I will be pissed.

Caayn

Does anyone know if the physical edition includes a download code for Wild Run or if the data is on the disc?
Price: 24.99$/29.99€
Wait what. Shouldn't those prices be swapped.

Aerocrane

Does anyone know if the physical edition includes a download code for Wild Run or if the data is on the disc?

It seems to come with a download code. http://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx1QFGIKK0C3D9R/ref=ask_dp_dpmw_al_hza?asin=B013F45W7S

The prices should be right. Yes, that means getting Wild Run in Europe costs significantly more. The price for UK is even higher at £24.99 according to Uplay shop. These are all based on preorder prices for the PC version of the expansion from the Uplay shop.

Not long to go now! Cost £25 but the amount of time I put into the vanilla game I will get my moneys worth! Really looking forward to the summit challenges, even though I am a average player! Give me my drift spec Ubi!

Phinor

Better get used to it, it's going to happen more and more in the future. $ and € are almost 1:1 now but you have to pay VAT on € prices. $25 * 1.2 (20% VAT, approximation) = 30€.

Purchased The Crew Gold cheap a couple of weeks back and love it.
Got this expansion yesterday and can't wait to jump in.

PC - CancelToDebug

Lucifon

I ordered The Crew almost a month ago from Bespoke Offers, who now no longer exist. I've been in touch with the merchant (Fireworks Merchant) who shipped it out on Oct 28th, but it never arrived. They sent me a replacement copy last week, 6 days later...still no sign of it. Starting to get really really annoyed with the process.

Was hoping it'd be here in time for the Wild Run expansion.

gossi

On Xbox One the game doesn't work any more. Either Vanilla or expansion.

You cannot log into the server. Ubisoft upgraded the server side, but the patch hasn't been rolled out so the game flat out can't get past start menu.

Photo:

X1ggbzd.png

It's so strange they don't include these messages in the game itself.

While I agree it is bizarre, they have let this known for about a week or two now. Maintenance from 9am - 2am CET, and allowing the patch to be downloaded from 11am CET so most should be finished updating by now.

The only thing I don't understand is it shows I own The Wild Run, but it never downloaded anything, so I am assuming it just unlocks the content that was contained in the patch.

Stranya

I can't seem to find good car handling settings - any tips from seasoned players? (I've googled and tried various things, including those dev tips from way back). Thanks in advance!

The only thing I don't understand is it shows I own The Wild Run, but it never downloaded anything, so I am assuming it just unlocks the content that was contained in the patch.

Yeah, the Wild Run is just a patch or whatnot, which makes me a little concerned over whether the DLC will be available to others in my household.

U2NUMB

Will be buying the digital version of both... I feel its one of those games I can keep my disc on the shelf and selling the disc is worth nothing now. I see its up on the Xbox store... cant wait to play it tonight after work.

Aerocrane

According to the ingame notification in the PC version, the PC version of Wild Run will be available on Steam and Uplay at 6pm CET (GMT+1)

I'm stuck at work, watching this thread and hoping The Crew will update during the day on my Xbox. Can't wait to see what it looks like - love this game. Slightly annoyed at the price though (UK).

Need some impressions of the update...

nikos

Was going to do a thorough comparison, but I can't connect to the servers without updating. Should have captured vanilla footage yesterday.

Update will be installed in three minutes.

I am going to be playing this game again and go trophy hunting. I'm excited for this update. Have been waiting for a while. Add me on PSN if you wanna join me on the "Wild Hunt": "bubaglobalj".

killroy87

$70 for The Crew+Wild Run is hilariously misinformed, especially considering it's competing with Forza 6 and NFS.

Time and time again, Ubi seems to send this game out to die.

Tankshell

Gave this a very quick bash earlier, didn't have time to check out any new features or vehicles so purely regarding the graphics and weather effects I saw... not so hot actually.

The 'wet road' effect looks really quite bad, like a repeated texture ALL the way down the sides of the road into the distance... it doesn't look in any way realistic. Hardly any variation in it at all. Not quite sure what the art department were thinking with that one. I mean, even spreading it out a touch so that you had dryer patches in between the stretches of wet would have looked more realistic.

Anyway, I'll give it a proper go tonight,

Lima

Very interested in this. Tested the game last year a bunch of times and didn't really like the driving model. Now that they have updated it I'm intrigued. Is there a new demo maybe?

jesu

$70 for The Crew+Wild Run is hilariously misinformed, especially considering it's competing with Forza 6 and NFS.

Time and time again, Ubi seems to send this game out to die.

It's $40, the guy that posted $70 was mistaken.
It's 70 in Australia.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Holy shit where did this come from???

I had no interest in The Crew whatsoever but this looks like THE arcade racer to own right now.

I had no interest in The Crew whatsoever but this looks like THE arcade racer to own right now.

no shit right? I'm totally considering it right now. Really want to hear/see some impressions of the ps4 version vs the pc version.

GlamFM

Banned

I always loved the Crew in theory, but the demo felt like it never really came together.

Really hope this is good.

Went to Best Buy last night to pick this up with Battlefront and I was disappointed to find out not only was the Wild Run DLC not up, but neither was the graphical/weather update. Now I gotta wait until tonight to play. I want to drive monster trucks in a loop de loop, damnit!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
no shit right? I'm totally considering it right now. Really want to hear/see some impressions of the ps4 version vs the pc version.

I always loved the Crew in theory, but the demo felt like it never really came together.

Really hope this is good.

It's tickling that Motorstorm/FUEL multi vehicular bone for me.

Hopefully the handling and framerate are on fucking point because that's all I care about.

Need something to unwind from the white knuckling of driveclub.

Caayn

Bikes aren't compatible with the new playground areas :( Bikes don't like the curves that are in those areas.

Or I suck too much...

Chabbles

it's very big. you can drive from seatlle to miami. It's not 1:1 of course but it should takes a couple of hours to drive across

Takes about 40 minutes from east to west coast give or take. In one of the earlier cars you get, probably alot faster in a kitted out lambo or something.. Still a massive map though

Top Bottom