• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Yeah it didn't bother me at all in the opening scene/earlier traileirs, if this is how it sounds in the movie and whiney people on the internet end up ruining Bane...ugh.

I blame the lucky audiences who got the chance to watch the prologue before anyone else.
Since they're journalists/critics, their whining has more weight than regular internet whiners. Indeed, it is because of them that the regular people jumped on the bandwagon and already had their minds made up, even before they even got to see the prologue.

strafer

jgl2evppu.gif

Thought the trailer was great and gives a much better sense of the tone of the movie. Can't stand the "A storm is coming" line as it seems to be over done, but otherwise I'm looking forward to this more than anything else that is coming out this summer.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Thought the trailer was great and gives a much better sense of the tone of the movie. Can't stand the "A storm is coming" line as it seems to be over done, but otherwise I'm looking forward to this more than anything else that is coming out this summer.

Should've casted Sean Bean as Bane and turned it into "Winter is coming."?

Bane...God damn...Bane is the villain we deserve..and need. I hated the choice of villain at first, Batman and Robin was just too vile. But god damn, Tom Hardy Bane is fucking fantastic so far. I also hated his voice at first(although i could hear him fine in the prologue and first trailer), but his voice has grown on me a lot.

my favorite part about the trailer is that there was no Maggie Gyllenhaal.

not that this is... surprising or anything, but, it's still nice.

Daft_Cat

Not really. At all. They cleared it up, but it sounds about the same just less muffled.

Yupp.

They touched down the modulation and isolated his audio track. I expect the former effect will carry into the film, while the latter is probably just for this trailer so they can bury the voice complaints. I guess they forgot that fans operate on an ever swinging pendulum of extreme reactions. This bed is too big, this bed is too small.

Yupp.

They touched down the modulation and isolated his audio track. I expect the former effect will carry into the film, while the latter is probably just for this trailer so they can bury the voice complaints. I guess they forgot that fans operate on an every swinging pendulum of extreme reactions.

Yeah, I am not hearing this "new voice" people are talking about. It is the same damn weird accent used in every trailer/leaked audio. I hated it when I first heard it during that leaked stadium audio i posted. But It has grown on me a lot. The only bad part about them clearing it up is that it sounds weird being that loud and clear while speaking through a mask.

jtb

Banned
I thought it sounded like they completely re-dubbed his lines for the trailer, as in it sounded recorded in a studio rather than in the scene. Not that I'm complaining, tons of lines are usually overdubbed in post-production, but it did sound very off. Really really clear compared to the first trailer + prologue. Less menacing... but, I'll take understandable over menacing!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Looks good, though I still don't like Bale's "Batman" voice. Bane seems much better than I'd feared. It also looks really, really depressing.

shira

I thought it sounded like they completely re-dubbed his lines for the trailer, as in it sounded recorded in a studio rather than in the scene. Not that I'm complaining, tons of lines are usually overdubbed in post-production, but it did sound very off - not that I'm complaining. Really really clear compared to the first trailer + prologue. Less menacing... but, I'll take understandable over menacing!

Aren't the cameras so loud they have to adr almost everything anyways?
Do we have any idea when pre-sales for tickets begin? I'm doing a midnight viewing of this mofo.
You are already sold out.gif

Daft_Cat

Looks good, though I still don't like Bale's "Batman" voice. Bane seems much better than I'd feared. It also looks really, really depressing.

Actually, one of the most overlooked points in this trailer is that Bale seems to have changed it up a bit, particularly when he says "No I haven't, not yet."

A lot less intense; it's more of the whispery voice he used in Begins.

I'm probably a poor judge, though. I love Bale's bat-voice; I actually think it's sort of iconic.

strafer

Good god, this looks sooooo goooood.

Watched the trailer five times now. It gets better after repeated viewings.

Movie of the Forever.

BFIB

I wonder why they didn't add in the Suicide Slums in any of the city wide shots since Batman Begins?

Overall, incredible trailer.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Actually, one of the most overlooked points in this trailer is that Bale seems to have changed it up a bit, particularly when he says "No I haven't, not yet."

A lot less intense; it's more of the whispery voice he used in Begins.

I'm probably a poor judge, though. I love Bale's bat-voice; I actually think it's sort of iconic.

Still, all we've been given is Batman in quiet moments. What's he going to sound like when shouting out to his Cop Army, or just shouting his lines over the melee.

MickeyPhree

Trailer and hopefully film of the forever.....Avengers was good but this and Prometheus are what the summer is all about!

MisterHero

I wonder why they didn't add in the Suicide Slums in any of the city wide shots since Batman Begins?

Overall, incredible trailer.
Suicide Slums are in Metropolis, you mean the Narrows. :p

I liked how they looked in Begins, but there wasn't much room for Batman to have giant car chases or anything like that. :p

effzee

dUhQc.jpg

Just knowing they did this shot legit on a real NYC bridge....

Queensboro bridge salute!

Well no. There were actually explosions in this trailer and even those managed to be boring somehow. Everything that was supposed to be exicting looked terrible. Look at the bat pew pewing at the tumbler. The most hohum chase ive ever seen. Boring trailer was boring and I don't see where all the hype is coming from and I'm very easy to hype. Last one was much better.

"when Gotham is... Ashes, you have my permission to die."

Amazing line that was needlessly not used here. Really hoping there is a severe lack of action scenes in this movie. I think that's what is making me unexcited about the whole thing. There was more action than expected and the thought of more than just a few Nolan action scenes is not a great one. TDK succeeded so much outside of the action scenese and suffered a bit during them.

Are you guys new to trailers? This is going to be a close to 3 hour movie. It will have over 1 hour of IMAX footage. Confirmed. So while there will be a lot of downtime, there will be 1 hour worth of action. Its a Batman movie it has to have action.

You don't see where all the hype is coming from? Even if it was the worst trailer ever put together you would notice amazing levels of hype because its only the last part to a trilogy about Batman who just might be the most popular comic book character in the world. Oh and TDK broke records, garnered critical acclaim, and was largely considered the best comic book movie ever. You don't see where the hype is coming from?

While I applaud them for keeping the main plot a secret even in the trailer, I'm a bit peeved that it gives me no reason to be excited about the movie. It kind of seems all over the place, with no particular mood or themes being expressed. It's a montage of scenes showing characters we're familiar with doing and saying random unconnected stuff.

I really really don't get this. Did I watch the same trailer?

While it doesn't spell out every single plot detail and I bet the most of us who avoided spoilers will walk in not knowing much of anything (just like TDK and Nolan's other movies) the trailer did give you an idea about the movie. Bane takes over the city and or beats the crap out of Wayne. People have lost hope and wondering if Batman will ever come back to rescue them.

Batman returns. War ensues.

How much do people want from a trailer? The point is to hype the fan-base up without spelling the whole movie out. And even then it does give away some detail. The rest is just footage to show off some of the movie.

Agreed. Can say with confidence that if the directors were switched, both movies would suffer for it. Both movies seem to be doing what they need to which is why I find the comparisons so strange.

Only legit comparison is that they are both being released around the same time period (summer) and that they are both super hero movies. Of course on forums that's all that was needed to start box office and comparison wars.

I don't know, guys. I got more chills from TDK's trailer than this.

I think the thing both TDK trailers did better was they used the main theme perfectly and the horns do work great for trailers even if people think the INCEPTION BRAWWWM is overdone. Plus the Joker's character lent itself more to one liners which they used for the trailers. It also seems like they used either different firms or switched up the direction for trailers because they share nothing with the older trailers.

TDK trailers > TDKR trailers but because of how good TDK was and how much I loved Inception I have more hype for this at this moment. Plus this trailer is 10 times better than the one from December.

oh no they fixed Bane's voice way too much. It doesn't sound as intimidating as it sounded in prologue and previous trailer.

We aren't comparing the same lines. I am sure throughout the movie some of his words will be crystal clear and some will be muffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom