• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC Digital on August 30, 2019.

Psykotik

i think i might be about halfway through.

the acting is pretty bad compared to until dawn.

i love games like this and have no problem supporting them if it means more of the same gets made.

so far, until dawn seems to be their best effort.

Last edited:

xion4360

I started the game in HDR and I recommend you turn it off immediately...looks extremely washed out and lifeless, kills the mood when your supposed to be in a creepy dark abandoned ship. playing in SDR you get the proper range with deep blacks nice highlights and colors. Remember on xbox one you need to restart the game if you change the HDR console settings.

Last edited:
It's got a lot of the cringey, unnatural sounding writing, that characterized Until Dawn for me. It's still got the long stretches of listless walking (although nowhere near as bad as in UD), rooms with 1~3 interactable hotspots w/ practically no flavor or commentary. The animation and voice acting is noticeably way worse than it was in Until Dawn, especially the VA. It's also ridiculously over-reliant on jump scares. Like, to a comical degree.

Still I found myself actually liking this game better than Until Dawn. I hated every character in that game and found the setting so boring I barely finished the game. Man of Medan's setting is a bit more interesting. Also I'm finding the cringey aspects funny rather than annoying.

I'm gonna give the co-op a whirl this weekend because I feel like this is kind of the perfect game to drink and rip on with friends. I understand why UD fans won't like this game because it's basically an objective downgrade in every category but I'm actually having a good time laughing at it (for the most part) and appreciating the somewhat cool setting.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's got a lot of the cringey, unnatural sounding writing, that characterized Until Dawn for me. It's still got the long stretches of listless walking (although nowhere near as bad as in UD), rooms with 1~3 interactable hotspots w/ practically no flavor or commentary. The animation and voice acting is noticeably way worse than it was in Until Dawn, especially the VA. It's also ridiculously over-reliant on jump scares. Like, to a comical degree.

Still I found myself actually liking this game better than Until Dawn. I hated every character in that game and found the setting so boring I barely finished the game. Man of Medan's setting is a bit more interesting. Also I'm finding the cringey aspects funny rather than annoying.

I'm gonna give the co-op a whirl this weekend because I feel like this is kind of the perfect game to drink and rip on with friends. I understand why UD fans won't like this game because it's basically an objective downgrade in every category but I'm actually having a good time laughing at it (for the most part) and appreciating the somewhat cool setting.

I love how you can understand the difference between a game being worse than another game, yet you still like the worse game better. I wish more people were like you. This is a great take!

Dthomp

I just hit my second little meeting with
Curator
So far I'm enjoying it. Have only had a hiccup or two in animation but would add that the dialog and voice acting is a little rough, but I loved Until Dawn and at $30 bucks I will gladly support these types of games so that they continue to get made. Here's hoping I can continue keeping people alive

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Game is 33% off ($20). Just in time for Halloween!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I loved this game, been thinking about doing another play through.

Top Bottom