• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Devil Inside has a shitty ending (Warning: Spoiler inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Imagine if you lived on a desert island and you had one wish from a genie and you wished to watch this movie (just bear with me on this...) and you were told to go check at the rest of the movie at that url

Slayven

If it was me I would have acted a straight fool. They most be counting on the movie being super frontloaded.

sakipon

Part of me thinks its a cool idea but its also the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Fuck that.

It might be a cool idea for a streaming movie you watch on a tablet, PC or mobile phone. But if I have gone out of my way to a theater thinking of a relaxing evening, I'd be so mad.

Usually I can't stand people posting spoilers of any kind, but this appears to be a valid warning for all consumers.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
0421.jpg

As if a cosmic switch had been pulled, suddenly there was no monster! (or ending)

commedieu

Banned
Thats just all sorts of wrong. I had severely low expectations of this flick. But thats just baffling. I'd agree with the front loaded comments, but they are shooting themselves in the foot a tad aren't they? Everyone is going to talk about it in one day. They wont even get a weekend will they..? Or is the internet not that powerful.

Well

I'm supposed to see this movie tomorrow morning on a date with a girl who really REALLY loves horror movies...

But this is the dumbest fucking shit I have ever heard of and now I really don't want to waste my money on it.

I asked a friend who saw it earlier if this was actually true and he said in the movie it's filmed as a documentary and they "run out of footage" so it just stops.

FUCK that. God dammit fuck that so hard.

How do I get out of seeing this movie without spoiling/angering my date, GAF?

Well

I'm supposed to see this movie tomorrow morning on a date with a girl who really REALLY loves horror movies...

But this is the dumbest fucking shit I have ever heard of and now I really don't want to waste my money on it.

I asked a friend who saw it earlier if this was actually true and he said in the movie it's filmed as a documentary and they "run out of footage" so it just stops.

Welcome to how "my generation" felt after watching the "Blair Witch Project"...it sure sounds like the same garbage, anyways. At least knowing the movie will come to NO resolve should make easy for you not to look like a wuss in front of you date and then let her make a big deal about it the whole time. At least one of you will enjoy it =P

commedieu

Banned
Well

Go you fool. It will be fun, who cares that it sucks! It will be a good story for you guys to talk about on your next date ya know? Its 1 movie. She loves horror. It fits the bill. Be the guy that she cowers into... right ;)

WTF @ tomorrow MORNING horror?

Welcome to how "my generation" felt after watching the "Blair Witch Project"...it sure sounds like the same garbage, anyways. At least knowing the movie will come to NO resolve should make easy for you not to look like a wuss in front of you date and then let her make a big deal about it the whole time. At least one of you will enjoy it =P

Blair Witch had resolve though in that they all die at the end, and then it's kind of a mystery as to who killed them.

This is, pay $13 to see a movie, and then it just stops before the end, and tells you to go home to see the ending on a website.

God I can't believe how mad this is making me hahahaha

Go you fool. It will be fun, who cares that it sucks! It will be a good story for you guys to talk about on your next date ya know? Its 1 movie. She loves horror. It fits the bill. Be the guy that she cowers into... right ;)

WTF @ tomorrow MORNING horror?
Well, I mean, I guess. Ugh.

We were supposed to go tonight but something happened and we had to reschedule, but I work all night shifts the next 4 days so we're seeing it at 12 tomorrow. Not ideal, I know, but... :\

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off

Yeah, BWP was fucking awful. I actually sat threw it twice while it was in the theaters(two different groups of friends). It was awful the first time, and even worse the second time cause you know nothing is going to happen.

Upon further reflection, this isn't really any worse than the latest trend in films that don't have proper conclusions because they are being marketed as parts of a "saga" or "trilogy."

It's also genius marketing and budgeting. Roger Corman is kicking himself that he could have made movies missing a real ending and then (being Roger) charged for a mail away 8mm reel with the ending deal.

Yeah, BWP was fucking awful. I actually sat threw it twice while it was in the theaters(two different groups of friends). It was awful the first time, and even worse the second time cause you know nothing is going to happen.

it was funny...I saw BWP with a group of friends and I remember laughing at parts of it, and the one of the girls in the group was yelling at me for being so insensitive to the plight of those people and how I "had no idea what those people went through!". I just laughed at her and said, "no...I don't think YOU know what those people went through". Needless to say, she felt pretty stupid when she realized it was "real" found footage.

it was funny...I saw BWP with a group of friends and I remember laughing at parts of it, and the one of the girls in the group was yelling at me for being so insensitive to the plight of those people and how I "had no idea what those people went through!". I just laughed at her and said, "no...I don't think YOU know what those people went through". Needless to say, she felt pretty stupid when she realized it was "real" found footage.

Yeah, I thought that the advertising campaign was a pretty good stupidity test.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Thanks OP. I just warned my wife and sister-in-law who were actually about to go see this shit. Just saved them money.

I hope I live to see the day when this terrible and lazy "found footage" style of filmmaking comes to an end. Sadly, there are so many dumb people out there who keep paying to see this afterbirth that it's like money in the bank for studios, especially since it costs less to make than a meal at Applebees.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off

If it was real, I would have been scared shitless. Does anyone know of any real found footage? I remember one that I think was found in some catacombs under Paris(?) Pretty spooky.

Well

Rent a real horror movie and cook her dinner.

Well site is getting hammered. Managed to make it to the splash page once. Now database error.

So it's working?

Edit: Got in. There's no ending footage on the site. just clips from the trailer, a discussion board and links to external exorcism sites.

Trolled, indeed.

Derrick01

Banned
Heh and we joke on gaming side about publishers cutting endings off and charging a fee to access it. This is dangerously close to that, though I'm pretty sure they don't charge for seeing it (other than ad revenue the site makes from all of the clicks I guess).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Heh and we joke on gaming side about publishers cutting endings off and charging a fee to access it. This is dangerously close to that, though I'm pretty sure they don't charge for seeing it (other than ad revenue the site makes from all of the clicks I guess).

Steven Spielberg presents War Horse Armor.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http:/www.therossifiles.com/67FDD/im/with/stupid?c=1f45f7a5a10e&data=trololololololololololololololz&yuo=retard&fuckbitches=true&getpaid=true

Don't worry, they give you a full thirty seconds to write it all down.

Be better to troll with a tinyurl link, I'd wager.

shuri

Banned
People on imdb said they had a regular real ending? What gives? Two posted posted the ending in spoilers tags and they matched..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom