• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Devolver Digital / Eric Andre E3 2017 Press Conference Thread: Hold Our Beer

Which game are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

The_Dama

They could have used that sweet E3 coverage to actually show off their games, what they did was a waste of time and pure garbage.

PsychBat!

Banned
Dude. I have no idea what you're talking about, they nailed it and trolled the fucking industry. No one expected this level of fuckery. It was magical. This is a legendary E3 moment right here.

pWES4H3.gif

Delstius

I think at this point it's clear they were never doing a real thing, so the whole "wow, they didn't show anything" comments are kind of funny

Well I kinda went blind expecting some indie love and all I got was this shit. My fault I guess. Still, this wasn't even remotely funny for me.

I'm enjoying this. Always felt that e3 as a whole takes itself way too seriously lol. I liked the earlier segment especially felt like a big fuck you to the industry.

Dude. I have no idea what you're talking about, they nailed it and trolled the fucking industry. No one expected this level of fuckery. It was magical. This is a legendary E3 moment right here.

I have to assume that opinion was inspired from the EZA stream.

They were directly saying it felt like an awful attempt at Eric Andre humor. Like direct quote from the crew

Icolin

Banned
The greatest shitpost and one of the biggest wastes of time I've ever seen, and it was glorious.

The NoFunAllowed crowd are in full force, as expected.

Risev1

About Easy Allies' reaction: They stream on a schedule, and they were doing a post-show of Bethesda before cutting to the Devolver conference thinking it was something for real. So it's at least understandable.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I think at this point it's clear they were never doing a real thing, so the whole "wow, they didn't show anything" comments are kind of funny

The more people get annoyed by this the funnier it makes it for me :p I never expected anything serious from Digital Devolver and even all this randomness has been far more entertaining to me than every conference so far.

ZeoVGM

Banned
yeah why are they such bummers about this

That type of humor is not for everyone. It's incredibly strange, over-the-top and purposefully annoying.

Some people like it. Many people hate it. Eric Andre and Tim & Eric aren't exactly household names. It's a niche style of humor with a passionate fanbase.

I laughed a few times myself but it just went on too long.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
From now on it's a quirky and awkward couch talk while showing new and old games, before this it was a parody press conference.

Village

I watched maximillian watch this

Homie doesn't even know if the frog game is real or not this shit fucked him up so much. This shit has reached a previously unreached level of meta where folks are questioning their reality

I was expecting games but instead I got a goofy joke conference. Perhaps not ideal, but definitely an appreciated respite from the usual E3 sterilized conferences.

Wait holy shit Multibowl

shmoglish

Yup. And I think it is great to something that is the complete opposite of the Msconference (exclusivexclusivexclusivourconsoleisthebestthingever) for example.

Kthulhu

I watched maximillian watch this

Homie doesn't even know if the frog game is real or not this shit fucked him up so much. This shit has reached a previously unreached level of meta where folks are questioning their reality

Me neither. Is this game real?

Top Bottom