• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

AirBrian

Marty Chinn said:
Man the transfer on Bambi is incredible. Can't believe the movie is almost 70 years old. The iPad sync thing is pretty cool too.
Is there a specific Disney app you have to install for that similar to "pocket BLU"?

isny

napkin dispenser
Just a repost here from the pickup thread for those who don't follow it.

These just came in today. Waiting on Bambi and Nausicaa (on their way here) and I'll have all of the currently released ones I want for now.

317fipu.jpg

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
My copy of Sleeping Beauty had the DVD stuck to the front of the Bluray inside the slipcase. Unfortunately, the glue must have solidified or something because the darn thing just left residue all over the case. What would be the best way to get it off?

JLG-

Jangaroo said:
My copy of Sleeping Beauty had the DVD stuck to the front of the Bluray inside the slipcase. Unfortunately, the glue must have solidified or something because the darn thing just left residue all over the case. What would be the best way to get it off?
Goo gone.
2hcq6na.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
isny said:
Castle in the Sky is being released on Blu in the UK on May 9th.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004OQJSLS/

This was only just recently released on DVD here in North America, so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon on Blu.
Recently? Uh.. I found my copy of the North American DVD in a "free stuff" box in front of someones house in 2007.

EDIT: wiki says it was released in 2003.

But it was rereleased last year, which is where isny's idea came from...

Evlar

Banned
Disney's Castle in the Sky dub was released in the US in 2003: I expect the turnaround between the UK and the US to be no longer than Nausicaa's. Fantastic news! I adore Laputa.

Figure this might be the place to ask. Anyone know if there are any coupons planned for either the 3D Tangled pack or the 3D Tron Legacy pack?

DJ_Tet

Banned
Got one of the 5/6 movie offers for Disney Movie Club. Has anyone joined this? For the main, full price movies I have to buy, does that include EVERY catalog release? Can I buy Fantasia and Pinnochio from this Club (they aren't in the 5/6 $2 movie initial offers.)

I figure if I am going to have to pay $28-$35 for Fantasia and Pinnochio anyway, might as well join DMC and buy them through that. Works out to about 10 Blu rays for $120 or so.

isny

napkin dispenser
DJ_Tet said:
Got one of the 5/6 movie offers for Disney Movie Club. Has anyone joined this? For the main, full price movies I have to buy, does that include EVERY catalog release? Can I buy Fantasia and Pinnochio from this Club (they aren't in the 5/6 $2 movie initial offers.)

I figure if I am going to have to pay $28-$35 for Fantasia and Pinnochio anyway, might as well join DMC and buy them through that. Works out to about 10 Blu rays for $120 or so.

The Disney Movie Club and the Disney Blu Ray Club are two different clubs, so make sure to not choose the wrong one =)

DJ_Tet

Banned
isny said:
The Disney Movie Club and the Disney Blu Ray Club are two different clubs, so make sure to not choose the wrong one =)

Good point, my gf and I thought that they might be.

Is there a full list of movies in each Club? Or am I stuck with the 70 or so movies on the brochure? I figured those movies were only for the 'free' offer and was hoping to have a wider selection once I joined for my 'official' purchases.

Disney has enough older movies still on DVD that my gf might want to join that Club on her own.

I got all excited figuring Tangled was released this week. I missed it at theaters and missed it the other week when it was shown at a local theater. Dying to see it.

isny

napkin dispenser
The Tron/Incredibles UPC codes from the DVD's are available below for your convenience. (As they'll likely be needed for various upgrade coupons)

Tron 20th Anniversary DVD: 786936161878
The Incredibles DVD: 786936244250

SHAZOOM

VGChampion said:
I got all excited figuring Tangled was released this week. I missed it at theaters and missed it the other week when it was shown at a local theater. Dying to see it.

Get ready for a throwback to Little Mermaid/Beauty and the Beast halceon Disney of yore. Its thoroughly enjoyable.

Loved Tangled in the theater but didn't see it in 3D then. Kinda wish I had for one of the scenes later in the movie. It just so happens I stumbled upon getting a 3D TV last week so I'm super excited to get it in 3D soon.

omgkitty

Why haven't they posted the coupon for Tangled yet? Usually they post it weeks in advance, and with it coming out in less than a week now, it seems kind of strange.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Wow. If I can get the 3d version for anything below $20 I'll shit my pants and upload pics.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The Target coupon may be that $5 DMR coupon, so the deal got even worse if true

The Tangled coupon says Cars re-release and Incredibles will have a free ticket to see Cars 2

omgkitty

Saw this on Slickdeals - http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=38279479&postcount=148:

This is the rumored target deal from the target deal thread (thanks to GKS)

$10 GC WYB any Tangled Combo Pack AND one of the disney classics shown:
4-Disc Combo pack 3D blu ray, DVD and Digital copy -- $24.99 (Free Tangled little golden book WYB any tangled blu ray combo pack)
Blu-ray DVD Combo pack -- $19.99
Tangled DVD -- $15.99

Bambi -- $29.999
Beauty and the Beast -- $29.99
Snow white -- $29.99

Get a $5 off coupon for the tangled 4-disc combo pack go to target.com/movies for details

TBH, I am really not itching to buy this movie at $20. I have not seen it and the trailer really doesn't impress me. I keep picking up all the older Disney movies on Blu-ray for collection purposes, but this really doesn't feel like a movie worth picking up to me. This $5 coupon also doesn't bode well for the Tron coupon if you ask me....hopefully it won't actually come out at $50 like it's being shown so far on Amazon.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Some guy on Slickdeals linked to an on-going ebay auction that had some guy selling the Tangled 3D disc ONLY for $20. Just a thought for anyone who doesn't care about 3D and can't even watch the 3D version. It could pay for itself

ghostmind

I've asked Amazon to honor the $5 Rewards coupon. That is on top of the $8 Amazon coupon from a few months ago, so we'll see. If it works, I should be able to get the 4-disc set for $17.

The next challenge will be getting that TRON 5-disc set down to a more reasonable price.

isny

napkin dispenser
ghostmind said:
I've asked Amazon to honor the $5 Rewards coupon. That is on top of the $8 Amazon coupon from a few months ago, so we'll see. If it works, I should be able to get the 4-disc set for $17.

The next challenge will be getting that TRON 5-disc set down to a more reasonable price.

Mine is at the following:

Item(s) Subtotal: $49.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Gold Box Discount: -$2.50
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $42.49
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $42.49

If the Disney coupon isn't $10, than this may be my best option. Granted, they may still honor a $5.00 Disney coupon on top of this for me =) (Or I may buy the two titles separately if they both have $8.00 coupons)

DJ_Tet

Banned
I've cancelled my 5 disc preorder for Tron because I found out that the single release of Tron contains all of the extras in the 20th anniversary release. The 5 Disc does not apparently. Between that and the Tron Legacy green diecast lightcycle walmart exclusive it didn't make sense anymore to go with the 5 Disc edition. I'll hope for good coupons on each of the exclusive releases.

isny

napkin dispenser
DJ_Tet said:
I've cancelled my 5 disc preorder for Tron because I found out that the single release of Tron contains all of the extras in the 20th anniversary release. The 5 Disc does not apparently. Between that and the Tron Legacy green diecast lightcycle walmart exclusive it didn't make sense anymore to go with the 5 Disc edition. I'll hope for good coupons on each of the exclusive releases.

No idea where you're getting your incorrect information from. Just look at the sell sheet.

It clearly says you get everything from Tron The Original Classic Special Edition.

features.png

isny

napkin dispenser
ghostmind said:

I just opened up a chat and scored big. Managed to get a $5.00 credit added to my account. Total cost now for Tangled after this additional credit:

Item(s) Subtotal: $29.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$8.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $11.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $11.99

Minus the $5.00 = $6.99 =D (The other $10 was from previous Amazon credits from Disney coupons)

DJ_Tet

Banned
isny said:
No idea where you're getting your incorrect information from. Just look at the sell sheet.

It clearly says you get everything from Tron The Original Classic Special Edition.

It appears that you're right. I was going off of what I read at Tron-Sector but apparently that information is wrong. No worries, I'm keeping the Walmart prerelease and just getting the Tron separate with coupon. Hopefully we'll find out what the coupons are soon. Better that worrying about selling the Walmart release later because I really want that stupid green diecast.

mrkgoo

MrEnglishPanda said:
Saw this on Slickdeals - http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=38279479&postcount=148:

TBH, I am really not itching to buy this movie at $20. I have not seen it and the trailer really doesn't impress me. I keep picking up all the older Disney movies on Blu-ray for collection purposes, but this really doesn't feel like a movie worth picking up to me. This $5 coupon also doesn't bode well for the Tron coupon if you ask me....hopefully it won't actually come out at $50 like it's being shown so far on Amazon.

Tangled not worth it?

For me, it feels like Disney has gone back to Little Mermaid through Mulan period.

I'm going to get it on iTunes, I think.

isny

napkin dispenser
DJ_Tet said:
It appears that you're right. I was going off of what I read at Tron-Sector but apparently that information is wrong. No worries, I'm keeping the Walmart prerelease and just getting the Tron separate with coupon. Hopefully we'll find out what the coupons are soon. Better that worrying about selling the Walmart release later because I really want that stupid green diecast.

I also want that green diecast to complete my collection, but being in Canada, the only way I can order it is having it shipped to someone in the U.S., which would mean no coupon. I may just hit up ebay for it if need be. Hopefully we'll have those coupons on Mon/Tues and can figure things out then =)

In regards to Tangled, I think it's a fantastic movie and feel bad people are spoiled from the great Disney deals from the past and choosing not to pick this up due to a higher cost. Just selling the 3D disc alone will net you $20, so if you want to recoup some of your cost, that would be a great way to do it. (Although it does have some spectacular 3D shots, so I'd suggest you just bite the bullet and keep the 3D disc!)

FOOTE

My amazon order is down to $4.99. I had a $10 promotion applied a long while ago for buying another Disney movie with it, which may have been Bambi(I'm not sure). And I just added a $5 gift card that I received last night. It would be cool for amazon to drop the price a buck or two before (or the day of) the release. However, I'm really happy with paying $5 for Tangled.

finally getting around to starting my blu-ray collection. so far i've pinocchio, and ordered sleeping beauty & snow white yesterday. picked up bambi at work today & got fantasia for free, awesome! :)

xbulletholes said:
finally getting around to starting my blu-ray collection. so far i've pinocchio, and ordered sleeping beauty & snow white yesterday. picked up bambi at work today & got fantasia for free, awesome! :)

Don't forget Pirates of the Caribbean if you like the movies. They look great on Blu.

UK GAF the BOGOF is back, I just got Alice and Bugs Life for £15 from sainsburies online.

I have all released animated films now not including Fairy films. :)

isny

napkin dispenser
Jeff Albertson said:
UK GAF the BOGOF is back, I just got Alice and Bugs Life for £15 from sainsburies online.

I have all released animated films now not including Fairy films. :)

Thanks for this. Need to pick up one or two titles this way as they're ones I'd rather not pay full price for =)

Top Bottom