• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Rflagg

Awesome op is awesome, just the other day I was thinking I really wanted to see lion king, now I know when the new hotness version is out.:)

MadmanUK

1z1tow5.jpg

Not got round to watching the Fantasia's yet and i'm not sure if i want to traumatize my daughter with Bambi.

FOOTE

vazel said:
The Fox and the Hound Dog was a favorite of mine and my sister's as kids.

How long have people had to wait to get their gift from Disney Movie Rewards? It's been a couple months for me. I think something may have gone wrong. I wonder if Disney will bother giving me my points back since it's free stuff or if they even have customer support for DMR.
Mine never come later then two weeks after ordering.

JdFoX187

Banned
I ordered a couple Disney rewards about two weeks ago and they came in yesterday. Does anyone know what the difference is between the Diamond releases and standard, outside of the packaging that is?

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
MadmanUK said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/1z1tow5.jpg

Not got round to watching the Fantasia's yet and i'm not sure if i want to traumatize my daughter with Bambi.
Well, presumably you've already traumatized her with G-Force. You shouldn't be able to do much more harm.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
MadmanUK said:
1z1tow5.jpg

I love how the Disney-BluRays are on a higher shelf than Day of the Dead :D

B.K.

Wario64 said:
Best Buy will have Bambi for $12.99 after coupon

Target too. Both stores have coupons that you can print from their site for it. Also, the Target coupon is good until March 18. Best Buy's is only good March 1-5.

Magnus

Goddamn the stupid coupon printing restrictions!

I don't have a printer, and no one I know that I have access to has a printer, so I can't print the damned thing, haha.

What are the odds I can install the Disney printing software download on a Kinko's computer? lol

This'll stop me from buying Bambi tomorrow, likely.

Alucrid

Banned
Well, I decided to abuse my wallet some more. I don't have any Disney Blus yet, what coupons are available atm?

Suairyu

Banned
MadmanUK said:
1z1tow5.jpg

That Disney couldn't have picked a spine format and stuck with it will forever taunt my OCD.

isny

napkin dispenser
Suairyu said:
That Disney couldn't have picked a spine format and stuck with it will forever taunt my OCD.

They did for the most part. Look at my collection photo from a few pages back and you'll see what I mean.

j6770g.jpg

Also, the new promotion started today. This is part of a larger promotion they have running over the next few months with smaller promotions during the course. (The main promotion is the contest to win tickets to D23 and a Disney Blu Ray catalogue)

n381gx.jpg

Bambi comes out today!

I might not be able to make it to Best Buy today, but damn it, I'm going to try.

And for those of you going out to buy it, don't forget about the coupon.

Dead

well not really...yet
I finally got Sleeping Beauty on blu some time ago (only one store that was in driving distance had it left.) and watched it.

Man, I dont think Ive seen that movie since my childhood, but it was a revelation. The movie is astoundingly beautiful, I think it might have the most gorgeous art of any Disney movie ever. The movie is also just so resoundingly uplifting and simple. It really puts a smile on your face (when your jaw isnt on the floor due to the artistry)

Magnus

I accidentally found a comp on campus that allows me to install software without admin restrictions with a networked printer, so I finally printed some of these coupons out, yay haha.

What are the odds I can persuade a salesperson to let me use this expired Alice in Wonderland coupon from February? :( lol

Le-mo

Bambi arrived today from Amazon. I still need to get Alice in Wonderland, Up, Ratatouille, Snow White, and maybe Cars.

Dead said:
I finally got Sleeping Beauty on blu some time ago (only one store that was in driving distance had it left.) and watched it.

Man, I dont think Ive seen that movie since my childhood, but it was a revelation. The movie is astoundingly beautiful, I think it might have the most gorgeous art of any Disney movie ever. The movie is also just so resoundingly uplifting and simple. It really puts a smile on your face (when your jaw isnt on the floor due to the artistry)
The simplicity is what bothers me about Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. The characters are just so not fleshed out. It's truly a fairy-tale displayed on your TV screen.

I just picked up Bambi for about $14 from Best Buy. I'm looking forward to watching it tonight. It's been ages.

It cannot be stated enough - it is imperative to get these when they first come out. Not only because you never know when they're going to disappear, but because you get crazy good deals on them.

DJ_Lae

Picked up Bambi today - no deals as good as US ones here, but $20 after coupon isn't terrible (it's what I've paid for the last few Disney Blu-rays). Future Shop also threw in a (really badly bound) copy of the Bambi Golden Book, which is nice as I can give it to my daughter and she's free to destroy it if she so wishes.

Unfortunately, I've missed some of the releases and I'm dreading what they might cost now - as far as I know I'm missing Snow White, Dumbo, and Sleeping Beauty (has Pinocchio also come out?). I have less of a fondness for some of the older Disney movies, but Alice in Wonderland and Bambi have made me realize that I'd like to have a full collection either way.

Wario64 said:
Best Buy will have Bambi for $12.99 after coupon
I found it interesting that they mention the coupon in their weekly ad. Well why not? The mouse is paying for it.

I might even get the $4.99 lunchbox for my daughter . . . she keeps losing her lunch boxes.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Not sure if it's the first movie to do this, but apparently Bambi has the second screen sync thing so you sync stuff on your iPad or whatever device while the movie is playing. Anyone try it yet? Tron Legacy is suppose to have this feature too when it comes out next month

JdFoX187

Banned
Ended up getting Bambi for $12.99 shipped from Amazon. Think it arrived about an hour ago according to my grandfather. Good stuff. Think I'll watch that this weekend.

SUPREME1

Banned
Wife ordered Bambi and Alice last night on the Disney Movie Club website.

Do want poster and 3D card.

We're trying to get into Club33 for our anniversary. Hoepfully the guy that extended us an open invitation isn't just full of shit, lol.

Magnus

Great success on getting a lovely sales-lady to honor the expired Alice coupon. That and Bambi together with coupons still set me back $45 after tax. Alas, Canadian pricing and Ontario taxes. Still feel like I got a deal though, haha, especially with landing Snow White from amazon last year for $17 cdn shipped and finding a store in Toronto selling Burton's Alice for $10 for some reason.

Wario64 said:
Not sure if it's the first movie to do this, but apparently Bambi has the second screen sync thing so you sync stuff on your iPad or whatever device while the movie is playing. Anyone try it yet? Tron Legacy is suppose to have this feature too when it comes out next month
I was about to mention it. I'm trying it out as we speak.

It's pretty freaking cool. My laptop is old and shitty and its mic can't pick up anything, but it's pretty easy to sync it manually.

Very, very cool.

Dead

well not really...yet
Got Bambi and the POTC trilogy Best Buy exclusive today (thing is HUEG)

potc trilogy got me 475 Disney space bucks :3

isny

napkin dispenser
ImperialConquest said:
Wife ordered Bambi and Alice last night on the Disney Movie Club website.

Do want poster and 3D card.

We're trying to get into Club33 for our anniversary. Hoepfully the guy that extended us an open invitation isn't just full of shit, lol.

Let me know when you're planning on going, I'll be in the area a few times between now and the end of the year and would die if you would bring me along! (I'll bring an anniversary gift for you! =D)

Dead said:
Got Bambi and the POTC trilogy Best Buy exclusive today (thing is HUEG)

potc trilogy got me 475 Disney space bucks :3

Pics?

edit: found some

http://forum.blu-ray.com/4442985-post66.html

damn, i can't get amazon to accept any of those coupons. I must always get the wrong guy. So annoying! I don't have a car, so the other usual suspects are not practical for me.

How did you guys get them to accept the coupon? If I tell them I'd like to honor the coupon, they say it's not on the product webpage, and thus amazon can't accept them. If i reply, I'd rather buy at amazon than at the competition, which i'll be forced to, they just say they are sorry.

I guess I could make a trip to best buy just out of principle, but damn this is annoying.

shwimpy

harriet the spy said:
damn, i can't get amazon to accept any of those coupons. I must always get the wrong guy. So annoying! I don't have a car, so the other usual suspects are not practical for me.

How did you guys get them to accept the coupon? If I tell them I'd like to honor the coupon, they say it's not on the product webpage, and thus amazon can't accept them. If i reply, I'd rather buy at amazon than at the competition, which i'll be forced to, they just say they are sorry.

I guess I could make a trip to best buy just out of principle, but damn this is annoying.
It's not the Disney coupon that they're honoring. It's the $10 off thing they had back in Oct/Nov of last year. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Amazon doesn't accept coupons...

It was 24.99 last year and they had a $10 off promo for some reason back then. I ordered it then and had it price matched to 22.99 before it shipped. So I got it for 12.99 tax/shipping free. <3 Amazon.

Nemesis_

Just a heads up - Australians can purchase two Disney blu-ray titles for the price of one. I'm not sure what this includes specifically.

Since I just bought Pinnochio, Dumbo and Sleeping Beauty elsewhere; all I could grab was Toy Story and Toy Story 2 for $32 from Sanity.

Alucrid

Banned
Just watched Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast. Holy fuck, these transfers are incredible. Of course the only other time I watched them was on VHS as a kid, but still, they look incredible.

ymmv

Banned
thewesker said:
Yeah, widescreen movies were a rarity until the mid-50s or so.

Yep. There were a actually a few widescreen movies made in the 20ies, but the depression put an end to that. Widescreen was reintroduced in 1953 by Hollywood to combat television. Every movie made before 1953 is in the Academy ratio of 1.375:1. It took Hollywood a couple of years to switch to widescreen. There were still lots and lots of movies being made in the Academy Ratio (and even black and white) just because it was so much cheaper.

Beezy said:
Damn, I didn't know that Bambi wasn't widescreen. I'm happy that I didn't pay full price for it.
Just because it isn't widescreen doesn't mean it's somehow an inferior film. That's just the aspect ratio in which films were made back then.

Would you prefer the hack job they did on The Jungle Book, where they chopped off the top of the 4:3 frames and made it into "widescreen?"

isny

napkin dispenser
Tron Legacy Five Disc showed up in my Gold Box today.

Just opened up a chat. They canceled my original order with the $5.00 off promo from awhile ago, let me place a new order, and then applied a $5.00 discount to my new order =D

Item(s) Subtotal: $49.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Gold Box Discount: -$2.50
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $42.49
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $42.49

Still, if Disney offers $8-$10 off of the four disc, and the same off of Tron The Original Classic, that will probably be a better deal.

Hopefully we'll have coupon details soon. If they decide to not release any coupons though I think I'll be set with the above price =D (But if they want to sell this release to the general public they're going to need coupons)

omgkitty

Anyone know how much Nausicaa will be without the coupon? I haven't seen it listed in any ads and on Best Buy and Targets websites they list it at $30. I guess a better question is will they have it? Most Disney titles seem to get advertised, but this has been vacant except for on Amazon.

FOOTE

MrEnglishPanda said:
Anyone know how much Nausicaa will be without the coupon? I haven't seen it listed in any ads and on Best Buy and Targets websites they list it at $30. I guess a better question is will they have it? Most Disney titles seem to get advertised, but this has been vacant except for on Amazon.
I'm guessing it will be $30 at Best Buy and Target if that's what is on their sites.

What stores are carrying Nausicaa? Is it available in places like best buy and toys r us?

edit: wtf the coupon expired yesterday? Thats bullshit Disney!

Top Bottom