• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

netguy503

What are they adding to the Enchanted re-release? I just checked Amazon and it looks like they are only adding a DVD of the movie. That is really lame.

Magnus

So the Bambi code only works if you already own it on DVD or VHS? Do all of you actually already own it? lol

isny said:
Lion King and Aladdin were both widescreen. (All of the theatrical ones from the 90's were)

We'll probably see both of those next year.
Lion King comes out THIS year. Aladdin will most likely be next year, but it has no solid release date.

I just got an email from Disney advertising the coupon, but it also contained this:

bambiarticles600xa1ayb1296695082618.jpg

Kinda cool, though I can't say I'm going to be hanging a Bambi poster in my apartment.

BertramCooper said:
I just got an email from Disney advertising the coupon, but it also contained this:

Kinda cool, though I can't say I'm going to be hanging a Bambi poster in my apartment.
Would give to girl in hopes of sexual favors.

I would consider buying it if I could get it for the likes of $10. Frankly, I should have gotten Alice for that price, but I've spent a lot of money lately, and much of that on Disney Blu-rays.

So did anyone have any success using the coupon with amazon? The only place nearby me that has those dvds is bestbuy, but their price is 10 bucks higher than amazon, which kind of voids the whole purpose of using a 10 dollar coupon.

y2dvd

isny said:
Lion King and Aladdin were both widescreen. (All of the theatrical ones from the 90's were)

We'll probably see both of those next year.

What I'd suggest for Bambi is to use the following link, order two titles, you'll get $10 off between then two, and then another $10 for your certificate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1281784122&pf_rd_i=300381

Can anyone confirms that this works?

I got this message.

Important Message
Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Pretty much it only took $10 off once, either applying their promotion already over the Bambi coupon.

FOOTE

y2dvd said:
Can anyone confirms that this works?

I got this message.

Important Message
Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Pretty much it only took $10 off once, either applying their promotion already over the Bambi coupon.
He quoted someone who somehow was able to receive a refund of $10 for their Alice purchase. So if that person uses the link and buys Bambi with another at the link they receive the $10 from the promotion at the link, and the $10 refunded credit would automatically be tacked on to the order.

So the key thing here is for you to contact Amazon.com and see if they will give you a credit for the Alice coupon(I don't know if it is even still active) and my guess is that they wont do it.

Nemesis556 said:
Basically I told him that I purchased it, then noticed that the promotion was still running. Then he mentioned that I could not redeem the promotion outside of the promotional period to which I said "Yeah, but it's still within the period" and then there was awkward silence.

Then I mentioned (to break the silence) that all I wanted was a credit that I could put towards MORE BLU-RAYS from AMAZON, I didn't want a refund or anything.

He asked me for the coupon code, which I didn't give because I had stepped away from the computer. Then, all of a sudden, he told me I have the promo cert on my account and if there was anything else he would be able to help me with, to just ask.

It was pretty easy and I didn't need to provide proof either. >_>

Blah, tried just asking for a $10 future credit I could use to buy other stuff with them and no go. I was hoping to get someone in the US this time but I talked to another person who I assume is a foreigner, Pradeep. Kept going on about "We are not authorized to issue the promotional credit." and "You can return us the order using our Online Returns Center if the package is delivered". Kept telling me to return it and reorder within the promotional period, which I responded that I DID order in the period and if I was to do so it would be the same situation again. All he responded was basically saying he understands the situation but cannot do anything for me other than have me return it for a refund.

Oh well, it's not like $20 was BAD for the combo pack, but $10 would have been nice. I should have just gone to the store instead, but I buy everything on Amazon and was hoping I could do the same with this.

Nemesis_

FOOTE said:
He quoted someone who somehow was able to receive a refund of $10 for their Alice purchase. So if that person uses the link and buys Bambi with another at the link they receive the $10 from the promotion at the link, and the $10 refunded credit would automatically be tacked on to the order.

So the key thing here is for you to contact Amazon.com and see if they will give you a credit for the Alice coupon(I don't know if it is even still active) and my guess is that they wont do it.

Yeah I think I got incredibly lucky guys.

Got Bambi for $5 though. ^_________^

So, I watched Snow White, last night, and ended-up staying up much later than intended, because I decided to check out the bonus disc. Hot damn! Disney knows how to do a bonus disc!

linkboy

Got my copy of the Hispanic version of Dumbo in today and it looks great. Not as good as Sleeping Beauty, but much better then my DVD copy that I have.

Now if I could only find a scan of the British cover, so I can have everything in English.

George Claw M.D. said:
So, I watched Snow White, last night, and ended-up staying up much later than intended, because I decided to check out the bonus disc. Hot damn! Disney knows how to do a bonus disc!
Besides the Bonus Disc, the movie is hardly worthy of its Diamond Edition title. The menu is so DVD-like, and there really isn't that big of a difference in picture quality between the DVD and Blu-ray release.

RedStep

Mr. Wonderful said:
Besides the Bonus Disc, the movie is hardly worthy of its Diamond Edition title. The menu is so DVD-like, and there really isn't that big of a difference in picture quality between the DVD and Blu-ray release.

The PQ is basically perfect. What would you suggest, making the DVD look worse intentionally?

My bambi should be coming tomorrow I didn't go for the diamond edition I went for the bambi / bambi 2 set as it was only a pound more and has all the extra content anyway.

As far as i can tell the only difference is no DVD copy and no strip saying diamond edition.

That should take me back up to 2200 points but UK rewards aren't great I may just order the pirates of the carribean trilogy for 700 each just because I adore the ride they are loosely based on.

Out of interest what does everyone think is the best menu of the Disney blu rays so far? For me its fantasia I thought it was stunning.

FOOTE

Jeff Albertson said:
My bambi should be coming tomorrow I didn't go for the diamond edition I went for the bambi / bambi 2 set as it was only a pound more and has all the extra content anyway.

As far as i can tell the only difference is no DVD copy and no strip saying diamond edition.

That should take me back up to 2200 points but UK rewards aren't great I may just order the pirates of the carribean trilogy for 700 each just because I adore the ride they are loosely based on.

Out of interest what does everyone think is the best menu of the Disney blu rays so far? For me its fantasia I thought it was stunning.
You're already getting Bambi? Awesome.

The Fantasia menu stuck out to me as well, I would have to go back and look at the other menus to give an actual answer though.

Just watch Pinocchio for the first time in forever, the menus made me want to kill myself. Really Disney? A shitty 3D clock for the main menu? Goddamn.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amazon has a deal where if you order Tangled and Beauty and the Beast Blu-rays, it'll come down to $28.48 shipped

isny said:
Just got an email for a $10 coupon for Nausicaä. Use the following UPC: 786936175240
Very cool.

However, I'm not the biggest Nausicaa fan. It's borderline sacrilege, I know, but I find it a bit shallow. It doesn't hold up well when compared to Miyazaki's later works.

isny

napkin dispenser
Wario64 said:
April 12th. Too bad Brad Bird isn't doing animation anymore.

Don't joke about that, he'll come back, and I'm sure they're slowly working away at the sequel to The Incredibles.

Guess I'm done buying Disney Blu-rays at launch if they aren't feature packed. I won't be replacing Cars and Enchanted but I would rather own the "full" sets. DVD is the only additions to them right?

Aladdin is rumored to be after The Lion King's Diamond Edition release.

Wouldn't surprise me as both TLK and Aladdin were re-formatted and all that for IMAX awhile back.

isny

napkin dispenser
VGChampion said:
Guess I'm done buying Disney Blu-rays at launch if they aren't feature packed. I won't be replacing Cars and Enchanted but I would rather own the "full" sets. DVD is the only additions to them right?

No new content, that's correct.

Ok, just found out about this Disney Second Screen thing they're starting with the release of Bambi? It syncs your iPad or laptop to your Blu-Ray player and gives you behind the scenes shit in your hands while you watch the movie? (Example given was a pencil test of Thumper) That is FUCKING AWESOME.

WordAssassin said:
That is FUCKING AWESOME.
To each their own, I tend to think it's fucking ridiculous and a sign of this overstimulated generation of softbrained babies and the impending apocalypse.

isny

napkin dispenser
Buckethead said:
To each their own, I tend to think it's fucking ridiculous and a sign of this overstimulated generation of softbrained babies and the impending apocalypse.

I'd much rather just watch a well done "making of" separate documentary than to try to pay attention to that sort of thing on an ipod/iphone while watching the movie.

isny said:
I'd much rather just watch a well done "making of" separate documentary than to try to pay attention to that sort of thing on an ipod/iphone while watching the movie.
I'd do it on a second or third viewing, not the first, that'd suck.

Amazon accepted my coupon, so I ordered Alice and Bambi for $35 and got an additional $10 off. I was gonna mentioned the Bambi coupon as well but didn't want to push my luck. $25 for both is such an absurd deal already.

I'm definitely going to give this a shot for Tangled (if Disney does a coupon) and Nausicaa as well.

y2dvd

Pai Pai Master said:
Amazon accepted my coupon, so I ordered Alice and Bambi for $35 and got an additional $10 off. I was gonna mentioned the Bambi coupon as well but didn't want to push my luck. $25 for both is such an absurd deal already.

I'm definitely going to give this a shot for Tangled (if Disney does a coupon) and Nausicaa as well.

Holy crap, why didn't they accept my coupon? :(

Jim

Bii said:
That's fantastic. I was wondering why there weren't any new copies of Cars (Blu-Ray) on Amazon just a week ago. Looks like I'll wait for this combo pack.

The combo has definitely been around in one way or another...
I got this for my son December 2009:

It was a $14 Lightning Deal.

I wish I could join in the awesome deals but in the UK we don't get any coupons, they do do Buy on Get one free on Disney Blu Rays and DVDs a couple of times a year but they may not have the newer titles in it, although Dumbo was last year.

On the topic of Dumbo what's with Disney's release schedule, we got Dumbo in May I think last year and then it's months later in USA when normally it is released in USA first and then here a couple of months later, for us Bambi was released yesterday and I think there's others as well we have had before.

Buckethead said:
Aladdin is rumored to be after The Lion King's Diamond Edition release.

Wouldn't surprise me as both TLK and Aladdin were re-formatted and all that for IMAX awhile back.

You know what I watched this last week that kicks ass is Mr Toads Wild Ride and Icabod Crane. Damn those are 2 great back to backs.

The Dutch Slayer said:
Tangled (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (2010)

Only $20 if you pre-order now! :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G6009U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

They have the 2 disc combo pack for $20 and the 4 disc 3D Blu-Ray pack for $30.

Additionally, you can get another $10 off by order it together with:
$20.99 Beauty and the Beast (Three-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo in DVD Packaging)
$18.49 Beauty and the Beast (Three-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)
$27.99 Fantasia / Fantasia 2000 (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
$25.99 Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (Two-Disc Blu-ray/ DVD Combo)

Does anyone know if there will be extras exclusive to the 4 disc set? It seems like the 2 extra discs are just a digital copy of the movie and the 3D disc; I'm debating between the 2 sets atm. If the normal 2 disc pack has all the same bonus features, and those are the only 2 differences between them, then I'll go with the normal set (I don't have a 3D TV or need the digital copy).

FOOTE

The Dutch Slayer said:
Tangled (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (2010)

Only $20 if you pre-order now! :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G6009U/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Yay. This price reduction automatically dropped my price for it to $9.99.

AdawgDaFAB said:
Does anyone know if there will be extras exclusive to the 4 disc set? It seems like the 2 extra discs are just a digital copy of the movie and the 3D disc; I'm debating between the 2 sets atm. If the normal 2 disc pack has all the same bonus features, and those are the only 2 differences between them, then I'll go with the normal set (I don't have a 3D TV or need the digital copy).
I would guess that you are correct in that the two other discs are the 3d and digital copy. So I think that unless the 3D disc has more features, you should be fine with the normal 2 disc set.

I'm waiting for the Tangled coupon, whenever it shows up, because I want that 4-Disc set. Futurproofing because, though I have no 3D TV yet, I do have a PS3 and it's the only movie I actually WANT to see in 3D (lantern scene! Missed it in 3D in theaters D: ) and I want the Digital Copy to have on my iPad. I wonder if the 4DS will drop below $30 from anyone, though? Oh well, even with the normal $10 off coupon, that's still 4 discs for $20. That's pretty slick.

Top Bottom