• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Woohoo Bambi / Bambi 2 double pack came today, the version of Bambi enclosed is the diamond edition it's just in a double slip cover instead of the normal one.

Got 600 reward points as well for it :D

Le-mo

I got an e-mail from Disney Movie Rewards stating that I can get 3 blu-ray movies for $1.99 each. This sounds too good to be true and is most likely a scam, but from Disney? Has anyone gotten similar e-mail?

DJ_Tet

Banned
Le-mo said:
I got an e-mail from Disney Movie Rewards stating that I can get 3 blu-ray movies for $1.99 each. This sounds too good to be true and is most likely a scam, but from Disney? Has anyone gotten similar e-mail?

Yeah it's their version of the Columbia Music Club or whatever. You have to buy 5 blu rays at full price $29.99 or more over the course of 3 years before you can cancel your membership. Or they let you get one of those 5 up front (with the 3 for $6) for $20, and only have to buy 4 blus. It's still gonna be pretty expensive but I suppose you could make it work potentially with the right movies.

Le-mo said:
It is the standard old record club ploy. Get some now for free but you are obligated to buy more later at inflated prices.

HOWEVER, if you get the better deal (5 now for $1.99) and do the math . . . it comes out to around $13/Blu-Ray . . . and that is actually a pretty good deal for Disney Blu-Rays.

So if there are a bunch of Disney blu-rays you want . . . sign up for the 5 now for $1.99, then buy your minimum commitment discs, then quit. You'll end up with a bunch of Disney Blu-Rays and you paid an average for $13 each for them. A decent deal.

Watched my new copy of Fantasia Blu Ray, Simple incredible. As a HUGE fan of the original Fantasia, there's clearly a huge step up from the DVDs. The colors are more vibrant and really pop out of the screen. Simply incredible.

I'm still at a loss of what to do for Tangled. I am a Disney Rewards member and I can either pay 30 bucks and get the extra rewards points or pay 20 and have 10 dollars more to use for other DVDs. Hmmmm....

FOOTE

Choppasmith said:
Watched my new copy of Fantasia Blu Ray, Simple incredible. As a HUGE fan of the original Fantasia, there's clearly a huge step up from the DVDs. The colors are more vibrant and really pop out of the screen. Simply incredible.

I'm still at a loss of what to do for Tangled. I am a Disney Rewards member and I can either pay 30 bucks and get the extra rewards points or pay 20 and have 10 dollars more to use for other DVDs. Hmmmm....
Extra money in your pocket is always better, IMO.

Magnus

Wolf Akela said:
$20... damnit I miss a lot of good deals for not living in the US. :(

Can still get these in Canada, if that's where you are. I've ordered a few amazing deals off amazon.com now, and even with tax/conversion, it beats Canadian deals, particularly from amazon.ca, which is a joke.

Le-mo said:

Just got the same email and considered signing up, but I'm afraid they won't offer any movies I'm actually interested in beyond the 3 $1.99 titles. Of the 3 it would let me pick, I only selected The Prestige, Sin City, and A Bug's Life because I didn't already own them and they were the only titles left that were worth owning.

Anyone here a member? Are the other 5 movies I have to choose only from that list?

Valkyr Junkie said:
These UPC coupons are B&M only, right?

It may not work out every time but some of us have had luck getting Amazon to accept them. You'd have to make your order first though, then open up a help chat or send an e-mail, tell them you have a Disney manufacturer's coupon for $10 off the product when purchased and tell them you want the credit applied to your order.

It seems to work a lot for some people and some people don't have any luck...it's worked for me twice now.

y2dvd

I tried the Bambi coupon again and I cannot get Amazon to accept it. I chatted with customer service and they said they did not accept this particular coupon. Oh well, I think I'll just go ahead and shell out for the Bambi/Alice combo and the Tangled/Fantasia combo.

Borman

Yay! I just nabbed my BB's last available copy of Sleeping Beauty. It was the platinum 2-BluRay set, but meh. I already had the DVD anyway.

isny

napkin dispenser
Got Amazon to adjust Nausicaa for me =)

Item(s) Subtotal: $14.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $14.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $14.99

FOOTE

isny said:
Got Amazon to adjust Nausicaa for me =)

Item(s) Subtotal: $14.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $14.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $14.99
I'm still waiting for them to do something to the regular price or I'll probably cancel.

isny

napkin dispenser
FOOTE said:
I'm still waiting for them to do something to the regular price or I'll probably cancel.

Took me two tries. The first one the associate didn't understand. This time, the associate understood and had me give them the code from my printed coupon to adjust the price for me.

I also noticed last night that Tales From Earthsea is only $18.99 and releases same day. Still up in the air about ordering it though, even at that price.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004CRR9EW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

DJ_Tet

Banned
Do I have to do anything to get my Tron 5 disc pre-order adjusted? I ordered with the $5 coupon and once the price dropped I contacted Amazon through customer service email. They assured me that once my order shipped it would be charged at the lowest price. Just wondering if I need to keep pushing to see that $44.99 reflected in my preorder screen.

isny

napkin dispenser
DJ_Tet said:
Do I have to do anything to get my Tron 5 disc pre-order adjusted? I ordered with the $5 coupon and once the price dropped I contacted Amazon through customer service email. They assured me that once my order shipped it would be charged at the lowest price. Just wondering if I need to keep pushing to see that $44.99 reflected in my preorder screen.

Yes you should be pushing, as that's not how the preorder price guarantee works.

It clearly states within 24 hours of the price change on the site your order price will change. Just quote that information to them from the preorder price guarantee box that pops up on all items and they will adjust it.

Here's some more information for the upcoming release of The Incredibles on Blu.

http://pixarplanet.com/blog/the-incredibles-on-blu-ray-press-release

FOOTE

isny said:
Took me two tries. The first one the associate didn't understand. This time, the associate understood and had me give them the code from my printed coupon to adjust the price for me.

I also noticed last night that Tales From Earthsea is only $18.99 and releases same day. Still up in the air about ordering it though, even at that price.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004CRR9EW/?tag=neogaf0e-20
meh, I'm not dealing with CS. If the price doesn't drop a bit, I'll just go to walmart and get it there.

Earthsea is DVD, otherwise I'd order it.

Anyone worried about their Tron orders should check them, my price has adjusted and I never contacted CS.

DJ_Tet

Banned
isny said:
Yes you should be pushing, as that's not how the preorder price guarantee works.

It clearly states within 24 hours of the price change on the site your order price will change. Just quote that information to them from the preorder price guarantee box that pops up on all items and they will adjust it.

Here's some more information for the upcoming release of The Incredibles on Blu.

http://pixarplanet.com/blog/the-incredibles-on-blu-ray-press-release

Thanks for the info. I opened the order back up to bitch and it had magically been changed :)

JdFoX187

Banned
My $18.49 copy of Up came in today. Despite owning all three Toy Story films, the only Pixar movie I have ever really enjoyed has been Wall-E. So I hope this movie is good.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
JdFoX187 said:
My $18.49 copy of Up came in today. Despite owning all three Toy Story films, the only Pixar movie I have ever really enjoyed has been Wall-E. So I hope this movie is good.
A friend of mine mentioned something about UP not coming with English Subtitles which was why he didn't order it when it dropped in price last week. I have no idea if that's true or not and google seems to be saying that this only applies to certain batches of the DVD version, but I'm not entirely sure.

isny

napkin dispenser
Jangaroo said:
A friend of mine mentioned something about UP not coming with English Subtitles which was why he didn't order it when it dropped in price last week. I have no idea if that's true or not and google seems to be saying that this only applies to certain batches of the DVD version, but I'm not entirely sure.

It's the DVD rental copies that had no subs.

The Blu Ray, including the DVD copy included with it, and all bonus features, have full English subs.

The next Diamond Edition after The Lion King will be Lady and the Tramp a year from now, and the next non-Diamond release (after Dumbo probably?) will be Fox and the Hound/Fox and the Hound 2 in September of this year.

Link

Edit:
MjHps.png

Borman

Hoping that Nausicaa goes down 5 or 10 bucks for release week at best buy. With the coupon for 10$ off, plus a 10$ rewards certificate, its going to be cheap anyway, but still ;D

Anticitizen One said:
Why are they starting to bundle in the shitty direct to video sequels? nobody wants that garbage
I guess the idea is that it won't add to the cost, but add to the value for people who aren't as familiar with the title as other Disney classics, like in the case of Fantasia/Fantasia 2000, but for me Fox and the Hound might be the first Disney classic animated release I don't get.

lordoftherink said:
I guess the idea is that it won't add to the cost, but add to the value for people who aren't as familiar with the title as other Disney classics, like in the case of Fantasia/Fantasia 2000, but for me Fox and the Hound might be the first Disney classic animated release I don't get.

:O What? That movie is so good! And so sad. :(

Bleh. Two movies I never cared about plus an extra I've never seen.

I just want the popular movies like Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, etc... (but who doesn't?)

I would like to see Robin Hood again on Blu. Shame I haven't heard anything about that.

JdFoX187

Banned
When the hell are they going to release Dumbo? I've been waiting for that one for a long time. Tempted to just import and print off a new box cover.

Also, any word on an Aladdin release? As much as I loved The Fox and the Hound, and I'll buy it release day, I'm still hoping to get Aladdin as it was the trifecta with Lion King and Beauty and the Beast of Disney's 90s resurgence. Also, Lady and the Tramp is a must-buy. Loved that film when I was a kid.

FOOTE

lordoftherink said:
The next Diamond Edition after The Lion King will be Lady and the Tramp a year from now, and the next non-Diamond release (after Dumbo probably?) will be Fox and the Hound/Fox and the Hound 2 in September of this year.

Can't wait for these. I had been wondering what Disney would do with the huge gap between The Incredibles and The Lion King.. Fox and the Hound is an excellent choice, IMO. This kind of release is exactly what I've been wanting to see more of from Disney, non-Diamond Edition classics.

Unless Disney changes their Diamond Edition list, Dumbo wont be a Diamond Edition release. At this point, you guys should import the thing.

Magnus

I'd actually love it if Disney bundled in Return of Jafar and King of Thieves with the Aladdin bluray. Even if they were just on DVD.

isny

napkin dispenser
Magnus said:
I'd actually love it if Disney bundled in Return of Jafar and King of Thieves with the Aladdin bluray. Even if they were just on DVD.

Or made the TV show available on DVD =(

dyls

Dunno if it's been posted, but the lesser version of the Toy Story 3 blu ray is $14 at Best Buy right now. It doesn't include the DVD or digital versions, but if you're looking for just the film it's the best deal I've seen since the coupon at launch.

Link

The three disc version is $22 there now.

Edit: just noticed that it says it's the Cine Latino version. Not exactly sure what that means, but it only says English under the languages in the details tab.

NoRéN

dyls said:
Dunno if it's been posted, but the lesser version of the Toy Story 3 blu ray is $14 at Best Buy right now. It doesn't include the DVD or digital versions, but if you're looking for just the film it's the best deal I've seen since the coupon at launch.

Link
Amazon price matched.
If you rent the movie on video on demand you get $4 off the blu ray. Pair this up with those video on demand credits that amazon tends to hand out like crazy, and you can get it for $10.

lordoftherink said:

Link

Edit:
MjHps.png
OP updated.

Thanks for the new info!

DJ_Tet

Banned
NoRéN said:
Amazon price matched.
If you rent the movie on video on demand you get $4 off the blu ray. Pair this up with those video on demand credits that amazon tends to hand out like crazy, and you can get it for $10.

That's awesome thanks for the info. I had a VOD credit from a purchase back in November that was expiring at the end of the month. Make sure to check your email you might have gotten a credit and not known it, I never would have checked if you hadn't mentioned the tip.

vazel

Banned
The Fox and the Hound Dog was a favorite of mine and my sister's as kids.

How long have people had to wait to get their gift from Disney Movie Rewards? It's been a couple months for me. I think something may have gone wrong. I wonder if Disney will bother giving me my points back since it's free stuff or if they even have customer support for DMR.

DJ_Tet

Banned
vazel said:
The Fox and the Hound Dog was a favorite of mine and my sister's as kids.

How long have people had to wait to get their gift from Disney Movie Rewards? It's been a couple months for me. I think something may have gone wrong. I wonder if Disney will bother giving me my points back since it's free stuff or if they even have customer support for DMR.

My TRON poster arrived within 4-5 days after their email saying they sent it.

I'd definitely contact them about your order, I don't think it's going to come. I'm sure they will be able to work something out, they like keeping loyal customers happy (people who use DMR certainly qualify.)

Top Bottom