• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintty

DzZ6jwo.gif

I approve of this Gif.

"Connonball Taffy O'Jones!!"

Bahlor

probably just to block server access, remove functions or something to prevent possible crack/offline/private server possibilities

Exactly my thought. If I remember correctly they did this quite to a few betas on consoles. So you actually only saw a screen that the beta is over after the update.

But hope for another beta too... maybe one that didn't strip out all the npcs from DZ. (Focus switch on PVE instead of PVP as it was in the last beta)

Flintty

"That's right ya ignorant english waaaanker!"

haha! nice a fellow Bottom fan.

One of the best comedies ever :)

one of the best comedians... gone but not forgotten :)

Indeed, lifetime fan here! Rik and Ade will always be legends :) Recently been re-watching on Netflix - still make me laugh. I hope they put Fluff and the live shows on there! I saw them live in 2001 - so so good!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Doing the 20min long survey, best question this far about player encounter with the best answer
There was not enough strategy: Encounters with human players ended too often in basic Death Matches

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh god it never ends;

"If you're courageous and want to help us understand even better WHO YOU ARE AS A GAMER, and what are your motivations to play videogames, you can answers an additional 5 mins questionnaire."

SJRB

Gold Member
Oh god it never ends;

"If you're courageous and want to help us understand even better WHO YOU ARE AS A GAMER, and what are your motivations to play videogames, you can answers an additional 5 mins questionnaire."

It specifically says that you CAN answer the additional questionaire, but that you're not obliged in any way.

Just don't do it if you feel it's taking too long.

LiK

Mentioned how much the story means to me in this especially for the DLC. Hope they take that into consideration. I also didn't like Dark Zone.

Kane1345

I'm watching a video of a developer giving an interview during a gameplay session and he touches on 2 interesting points.

1. Interviewers asked about gold tier gear/weapons and the dev repsonds by saying "we do keep progressing past that point, that's not the end of it" and continues to talk about drops from specific events. Interesting stuff.
Raiding? :p

2. Console versions can disable certain lighting aspects to improve framerate in the console versions. Doesn't seem to have been in beta build.

Cool stuff

Tecnniqe

Banned
It specifically says that you CAN answer the additional questionaire, but that you're not obliged in any way.

Just don't do it if you feel it's taking too long.

Nah I did all of it because i want to give awesome feedback. Just funny that it keeps asking you to continue like 3 times :p

Frederik

Banned
"I could feel my progression in the game by upgrading the Base of Operations"

This feels more like a survey for the full game than for the beta.

Anyone know if the Gold edition of the game has the expansion pass code inside the game case? I plan on buying the physical gold to get the season pass on the cheap and selling the actual sealed game disc. I already got the base game digitally.

Tratorn

I just spent more than a hour on MarcoStyle's division channel. His videos are brilliant and show that the game has more depth in RPG elements than most people probably know (at least in my case and I even played the beta).

The videos do not spoil anything about story or something similiar, they're just for an in depth look about what RPG and shooting elements there will be in the game.
Some people want to be suprised or don't want to know anything before release, so you better don't watch the videos, if you're one of them. ;)

A little info about The Division: New York Collapse book.

Writer Alex Irvine’s tie-in book is a game unto itself

“When I heard that somebody was going to go out and get a book deal, and let’s make a book to go together with the game, it was a little bit like ‘Yeah, many games do that, many big triple-A games have a book that comes out at roughly the same time as the game, and it ties in, but loosely.’ So when the concept was pitched, just the concept of that dual layer was very cool.

So immediately it felt like, ‘Well alright, somebody’s giving it more thought with this dual survival guide that’s also the story of April.’ But then, when we had the delay, we said ‘What if we can put some of this stuff into the game? Let’s take this time, get some of those story elements in, let’s get April to show up in the game, let’s hide some stuff that you can only find if you decode it.’ We put these people together with our own content creators, the people that make the missions, the people that make the narrative elements and micro-stories and rewards. It was a very simple thing to do, and I don’t want to give the competition any ideas, but it’s not a difficult thing to do. It’s a very natural thing to do.

Why did it happen? Because somebody thought to pick up the phone and ask. I think the reason you haven’t seen it before, is that these things are normally happened by some marketing or publishing department, and they’re silo’d. And here, because everybody loved the idea, the ear of the directors on the game were already involved in the book. So the connections were there, and that’s what enabled it to happen.”

http://time.com/4205964/the-division-preview/

ObiDin

Survey up guys!!

https://ubisoft.fluidsurveys.com/s/TheDivisionBeta/

Tell them how you feel. I know i did bad or good.

Filled all of them out. From some of the questions asked it seems they are worried about the enemy variety and loot variety and the realistic setting. Where have I heard these issues before...

"I could feel my progression in the game by upgrading the Base of Operations"

This feels more like a survey for the full game than for the beta.

Some of the questions were a little odd based on the lack of content in the beta.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Wonder if we'll get access to the top levels of a skyscraper at some point. Are the roofs of the buildings even rendered? :p

Yes the roofs are rendered. At least at the height of Madison Squar Garden. And I'm certain that won't be the tallies landmark you visit.

There were a ton of accessible rooftops in the beta, both in the dark zone and the rest.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Have the devs said anything about the input lag on PS4 yet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/43eo1c/input_lag_on_ps4_if_your_aiming_feels_off_this/

Quite a few videos about this on youtube too. It's not uncommon for high profile like this to ship with input lag or bad controls (Killzone 2, Uncharted 3) so I hope they will attest to a fix being in the works. Otherwise I won't be buying.
I'm highly sensitive to analog issues (input lag, deadzone, acceleration) and while it's there in the beta (and I hope they sort it out) it wasn't really a constant, nagging thing I was thinking about (as I normally do, it can ruin a game for me).

Tbh I found the forced aim assist far more detrimental to the gunplay.

Theorry

New IGN first video.

The Division: Tech Tree and Skills Detailed

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/02/05/the-division-tech-tree-and-skills-detailed-ign-first

TECH SKILL
Sticky Bomb - Fires a bomb that sticks to most surfaces and explodes when detonated remotely.

Mods

BFB - Increases the damage and radius of the explosion and may cause targets to bleed.
Flashbang - The bomb explodes with a non-lethal effect that blinds and disrupts all targets in range.

Proximity Fuse - The bomb explodes automatically when a hostile target is within range.

Master

Stealthy Bomb - The bomb produces less light and sound, making it harder for hostiles to detect.

Turret - Deploys a stationary turret that attacks nearby hostiles until it is destroyed or its battery runs out.

Mods

Active Sensor - Increases turret's damage and pulses attacked targets, making them visible to all allies.

Dragonbreath - Turret has reduced range but shoots a column of fire.

Zapper - Turret shoots electrical darts that damage and shock multiple targets.

Master

Scorched Earth - Turret explodes when manually disabled, damaging all nearby targets.

Seeker Mine - Releases an automated mine that follows the agent for a short time. Seeks out targets before exploding on proximity.

Mods

Airburst - Upon impact, the mine is launched in the air and releases a cluster of small incendiary explosives.

Gas Charge - The mine seeks out and moves between multiple targets, releasing a cloud of disorienting gas on impact.

Cluster - Mine separates into smaller pieces that seek out multiple targets simultaneously.

Master

Seeking-Betty - Mine can bounce onto and over low covers, and can move directly towards its targets.

TECH SIGNATURE SKILL
Tactical Link - Temporarily increases damage and critical hit chance for agent and all nearby.

wege12

Considering getting this for the PC but I'm concerned about cheating and the longevity of the online PC community? What are you guys thoughts on this?

Also, has anyone heard if The Division will support the Steam controller?

LiK

Considering getting this for the PC but I'm concerned about cheating and the longevity of the online PC community? What are you guys thoughts on this?

people said it worked fine with Steam controller.

mosdl

Been seeing a lot of bans in R6 Siege on PC, so I assume they'll use something like fairfight to battle that in the Division as well.

Kyoufu

Looks like crowd control is going to be a big thing in later levels if those mods are anything to go by. Lots of disorientation, stuns etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom