• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
2AyMMCb.gif

tdcSV62.jpg

l1K4bZg.jpg

tLzMc3T.jpg

UanZdT6.png

What is The Division?

It’s a third-person, cover-based shooter; it’s an RPG with loot; it’s a seamless multiplayer experience that encourages cooperative play, but lets you play solo, too. It’s a PvP-enabled game with an interesting twist that can put you in some morally questionable situations.

What are Dark Zones?

The Dark Zone is the PvP-enabled area populated with enemies and other players. The reason it’s PvP-enabled and not strictly labeled as a PvP zone is pretty simple: you ultimately make the choice whether to engage in PvP or not. As you probably have seen by now, most squads in the Dark Zone are there because they want to get some of the better loot in the game. At any given time, other players can either help them get that loot, or they can try to take it from them. Choosing the latter means that you’ve gone rogue, and will be designated as such to other agents – who are then free to kill you without going rogue themselves.

Factions:

Players will encounter different factions and groups throughout the game. Each enemy faction has different types of enemies.

Division Agents
Cleaners
Police
Rikers
CERA
Rioters

Loot:

There is a rarity based loot system within the game. Loot can be found when enemies are killed or in many locations all over New York City. However not all enemies will drop loot when killed. Tougher characters will usually drop better loot. Loot ranking is as follows:

White - Worn
Green - Standard
Blue - Specialized
Purple - Superior
Orange - High-End
The higher the rarity the better the damage and other stats.

The Beta:

In the Tom Clancy’s The Division Beta, you will be one of the first to play the revolutionary next-gen experience that brings the RPG into a modern military setting for the first time. In the wake of a devastating pandemic that sweeps through New York City, basic services fail one by one, and without access to food or water, the city quickly descends into chaos. As an agent of The Division, you’ll specialize, modify, and level up your gear, weapons, and skills to take back New York on your own terms. Xbox One players will have 24 hour early access to The Division Closed Beta, starting on January 28th. The beta will start on January 29th for PS4 and PC players. The Beta will end on January 31st.

MBjQlZY.png

Social Media:

Follow their Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram for a chance to get a Beta code and keep up to date on the status of the Beta.

Map:

0LufZu8.jpg

Skills:

PqDNYbI.jpg

Gear and Gear Mods:

egCTrh0.png

Weapon and Weapon Mods:

epluC9Q.png

Crafting and Deconstructing:

7NfP1L4.jpg

Door Closing:

26hlQJ7XFzChZcthu.gif

Yes, you can still close doors in the game.

Marketing:

yslADQc.png

Ubisoft has gone all out on their marketing this year by creating a giant blizzard that has hit the US East Coast.

J87cykR.png

GEDOSATO: TBD

ENB: TBD

39771e1.png

Q: Any known Beta issues?
A: Yes, go here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1376786-Closed-Beta-Known-Issues

Q: I am getting the "Do you own this game or app?" error on Xbox One, what do I do?
A: Try this: Go to the Xbox store and search for the Beta, they changed it to a Beta bundle. Tell it to download, and it will instantly say it's done, and it will start working.

Q: What is the Tom Clancy’s The Division Beta?
A: The Tom Clancy’s The Division Beta is your chance to test and experience a pre-release version of the game before it launches. Plus, it serves as an important opportunity to make sure that the game is balanced and that the servers are tested to pave the way for a smooth launch. The beta will not be a full version of the game, and will only function during specific time frames.

Q: When is the Beta?
A: Xbox One players will have 24 hour early access to The Division Closed Beta, starting on January 28th. The beta will start on January 29th for PS4 and PC players.

Q: How can I get a Beta code?
A: There are a limited number of guaranteed access codes for the beta. In order to receive one, you must pre-order Tom Clancy’s The Division for Xbox One, PlayStation®4 system, or PC from a participating retailer. Find a participating retailer by visiting thedivisiongame.com/buy. You can also choose to register for the waiting list, but this does not guarantee beta access.

Q: I pre-ordered Tom Clancy’s The Division! Where do I locate my beta code?
A: Depending on the retailer, your code could be printed on the retail receipt, provided to you on a printed card, or sent to you via email. If you did not receive or cannot locate your beta code, please contact your retailer. Pre-purchases made via Xbox Store, PlayStation®Store, or Steam will not require a code. In these cases, access to the beta is automatically granted!

Q: I pre-ordered the game, but I was already registered on the waiting list! What should I do to guarantee beta access?
A: Return to thedivisiongame.com/beta and enter the beta code you were provided with by the retailer. You will automatically be upgraded from the waiting list and have guaranteed access.

Q: My retailer gave me a beta code when I pre-ordered! What do I do with it?
A: When you pre-order, you’ll receive an access code from your retailer. It will look something like: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please visit thedivisiongame.com/beta and follow the instructions on the page to redeem this code. You will receive further instructions by email shortly before the start of the beta!

Q: After redeeming my code, I was asked if I wanted to invite friends! Why should I do this?
A: Tom Clancy’s The Division can be played solo or with a team. If you would like to try the beta out with your friends, you can input their email addresses and we will send them a personalized invitation on your behalf to register for the beta! Rest assured we will not email your friends beyond this invitation unless they choose to sign up, nor will we share their email addresses with any partners or third parties.

Q: What should I do if I’ve lost my beta code or discover that the code is illegible?
A: If you’ve lost your beta code or the code is illegible, please contact your retailer about getting a copy of your lost or damaged beta code.

Q: My beta code isn’t working! What do I do?
A: Don’t panic. If you receive an error message when entering your beta code at thedivisiongame.com/beta, please verify the code and try again. Please keep in mind that sometimes oes (O: and zeros (0: look similar. If you continue to see an error message, please contact Ubisoft Customer Support.

Q: Will I receive anything for participating in the beta?
A: Data gathered during the beta along with the feedback you provide us about our game is extremely important to the success and stability of the final retail release of Tom Clancy’s The Division. As a thank-you for participating in the beta, you may be eligible to receive special in-game rewards that can be unlocked in the full release of the game! More details about this will be revealed at a later date. Follow @thedivisiongame on Twitter to stay informed about these opportunities.

Q: Do I need a Uplay account to register for the beta?
A: Yes, you will need a Uplay account to redeem your code on the website or register for the waiting list. If you don’t have an account, you’ll be prompted to create one during the process of redeeming your beta code or registering for the waiting list. It’s a simple and free process!

Q: Do I need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership to participate in the beta?
A: Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system owners will not need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership to access and play the beta. However, there are some game modes that require such accounts. More details on this will be released in the future.

Q: If I had access to the Alpha, will I have access to the Beta too?
A: Yes, players who participated in the Alpha will also have access to the Beta. Check here for access: https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-US/beta-access

Q: How do I know if I have Beta access?
A: Go here to check if you are part of the Beta: https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-US/beta-access

Q: What is the maximum level?
A: There are two seperate ranks in The Division, your main rank and dark zone rank. Max main rank is 30, and the max dark zone rank is 99. For this Beta it is limited to 8 and 12, respectively.

Q: How large is the Beta file size?
A: The Beta will come out to ~26GB.

Q: What time does the Beta start at?
A: The Beta for Xbox One users will start on Thursday, Jan. 28 - 9 AM GMT | 4 AM EST | 1 AM PST. The Beta for PC/PS4 users will start on Friday, Jan. 29 - 12 PM GMT | 7 AM EST | 4 AM PST.

Q: What are the PC requirements for The Division?
A: http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-pc-specs-revealed/

Q: Will I keep my progression and gear from the Beta?
A: No, nothing will be transferred/carried over from Beta to final release.

Q: Will I be able to pre-load?
A: Yes, you can pre-load/download right now!

Q: Can I upload videos to Youtube, Livestream or post screenshots?
A: Yes you can, there is no NDA for the Beta.

Q: I still can't get a key to get in the Beta, is there any other way?
A: Try here first: Nvidia Giveaway. If that didn't work, go to Amazon, pre-order the game (only works with the physical copy), and receive a Beta code. Or go here to beg for a code. Lastly, if you are desperate, you can look online for people that are selling them for ~$2.

Q: Is there a skill calculator?
A: Yes there is, here you go.

Q: What does the thread title reference OP?
A: Here you go.

Credits:

Thanks to Grief.exe for helping me and providing feedback while being banished to the shadow realm; and thanks to no1dead for creating most of the banners and providing feedback. Special thanks to /r/division for creating the various infographics and skill trees.

iCodec

Awesome OT! Looking forward to playing this Friday! Hoping for some good impressions from Xbox players.

Flintty

Great OT. Really great!

Ubisoft has went all out on their marketing this year by creating a giant blizzard that has hit the US East Coast.

I lolled. Good stuff!!

Pretty excited about the Beta.

Joco

I had to delete Metro Redux off my PS4 to fit this beta. 26 gigs. Wonder what the final game size will be >.>.

Fabolous OT and title, great work!

Got my pre-load done on PS4, ready to see if this game could be something special.
Friday can't come soon enough.

Daffy Duck

Really looking forward to trying out the beta.

Getting the beta on PS4 but I'm seriously thinking of changing my PS4 preorder to the PC, as I think it will look so much better on a 980Ti.

Smash88

Banned

God damnit, why didnt Non-Downgrade Agreement make it?!?!?

Didn't want to cause controversy/stir the pot as this is my first OT. It was an experiment that many did not like even though I was hoping it would be fun. I consulted Grief, and we decided to just go with a neutral, fun title that people will hopefully like.

To everyone else, thanks for the nice words guys I appreciate it.

Makikou

Didn't want to cause controversy/stir the pot as this is my first OT. It was an experiment that many did not like even though I was hoping it would be fun. I consulted Grief, and we decided to just go with a neutral, fun title that people will hopefully like.

:(

It was so good though. Good night sweet prince.

Anyway, gz on your OT good work.

Tecnniqe

Banned
RIGGED! I called it!

Very nice OT, neutral title playing on politics, funny how this title originated from me stating it was rigged voting :p

Impulsor

Hey at least they are upfront about it and know that it is an issue that will likely get fixed or has already been fixed as i imagine the beta is an older build.

That is true, but as a PC Player, Nvidia user, and having a monitor with a resolution upwards of 1080p, it does not bode well.

I appreciate that they are upfront about it, I really do. I'll try out the beta and judge myself, because I want to love this game and all my friends are going to try out the beta too. And hopefully any issues we may have will be fixed for the final release.

Klyka

Banned
I actually think it's pretty refreshing for them to say "yo look this is a beta, these are the bugs we know about,so heads up if you experience them" instead of selling the thing as a glorified demo that's perfect all around.

I will be actively following this thread for some experiences, good or bad.

I never knew the game is that RPG based. I am honestly wondering how the loot is.

cripterion

That is true, but as a PC Player, Nvidia user, and having a monitor with a resolution upwards of 1080p, it does not bode well.

I appreciate that they are upfront about it, I really do. I'll try out the beta and judge myself, because I want to love this game and all my friends are going to try out the beta too. And hopefully any issues we may have will be fixed for the final release.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Also Nvidia's supposed to drop some drivers to improve performance.

Mozendo

Oh okay that makes sense.
Also sorry if I came across as rude/drama-y wasn't my intention, really love the OT by the way

Kei-

Do we know how much of the map is open this time around? I wonder if you can visit Roosevelt Island and take the tram there...

Smash88

Banned
Oh okay that makes sense.
Also sorry if I came across as rude/drama-y wasn't my intention, really love the OT by the way

No, no worries, I knew some people would be curious as to why. Thanks for understanding, and thank you. :)

Funny how a month ago there was no hype for this game anymore. Even people saying it for sure wouldnt release march 8th. But now.

I'm honestly surprised just seeing the beg for code thread. It was relatively quiet in our 15 minute thread, and then bam! this influx of people is crazy.

Theorry

Funny how a month ago there was no hype for this game anymore. Even people saying it for sure wouldnt release march 8th. But now.

Mowgli

Banned
Definitely looking forward to this beta just to see how much better PC is over what has been shown for Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom