• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

420bits

Loot and ammo is instanced, meaning you'll never have to worry someone else will grab your stuff.

I'm not entirely sure if loot (rogue agents drops) in the Dark Zone is instanced too.

If a player is in DZ and have some gear that s/he needs to extract and get shot and drops it. That piece of gear is up for grabs by everyone and anyone but only 1 player will get the drop.

Every other drop in the game is like you said, instanced so whatever is on your screen is yours.

Klyka

Banned
If we team up, you guys better not steal mah loot in the dark zone! We need to make a blood pact!

Hah, that's what made the transition so easy :p

Man,I can tell you now that GAF players who steal from other GAFfers will be shamed on this board like crazy :D

thenexus6

Was Ubi emailing out beta codes? Because I had an email from them thats been accidentally deleted.. so if my code was in there I am screwed.

Hood815

So I kept the alpha on my xbox, do I need to redeem the beta code I got to play? or does this mean i can give my code away ?

noomi

Man,I can tell you now that GAF players who steal from other GAFfers will be shamed on this board like crazy :D

Wall of Shame! Wall of Shame!

So the beta I downloaded from the Singapore won't help me without a code?

Not sure what you are referring to exactly, but you need a specific code to redeem the beta on PS4 & XB1. The PC beta is tied to your u-Play account and has no code, you just need access via your account.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Was Ubi emailing out beta codes? Because I had an email from them thats been accidentally deleted.. so if my code was in there I am screwed.
Check here to see if your code pops up https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/beta-access

So the beta I downloaded from the Singapore won't help me without a code?
No idea what your talking about...the only ones that needed a code were people who pre ordered a physical copy of the game but if you downloaded the Beta because you pre ordered the game on a digital Platform than your good to go regardless of your location in the world.

danowat

Banned
Not sure what you are referring to exactly, but you need a specific code to redeem the beta on PS4 & XB1. The PC beta is tied to your u-Play account and has no code, you just need access via your account.

I think it was available on the Singapore marketplace to download without having to redeem a code.

Klyka

Banned
So for the DarkZones is there a PVP limit? Like how many squads can enter it and have at the loot?

There is no real number I know of, but I think something like 20 people, so 5 squads sounds realistic?

A developer said that the matchmaking they have tries to make actual agent encounters rather sparse. you're not supposed to run into another agent/group like every block.

Xion_Stellar

So for the DarkZones is there a PVP limit? Like how many squads can enter it and have at the loot?
Up to 24 players Max including yourself will spawn in a Dark Zone at any given time you enter.

Reedirect

I assume this will probably have the same content as the Alpha, right?

Either way, I'm crazy excited to go back in for a bit before the final release.

If we team up, you guys better not steal mah loot in the dark zone! We need to make a blood pact!

You can trust me!

car-salesman.jpg

perk1n

Not sure what you are referring to exactly, but you need a specific code to redeem the beta on PS4 & XB1.

No idea what your talking about...the only ones that needed a code were people who pre ordered a physical copy of the game but if you downloaded the Beta because you pre ordered the game on a digital Platform than your good to go regardless of your location in the world.

I downloaded the 'beta-client' from the Singapore store. My question is, do I still need a code to play?

Xion_Stellar

Ah, good to know. So 6 full squads then. That's not too much at all for such a large zone.
Strong emphasis on the up to thou because I imagine your experience will be determined by game population and the quality of your Internet Connection since I'm not sure of the game will try to force 24 Players each and every time.

I downloaded the 'beta-client' from the Singapore store. My question is, if I still need a code to play?
If you already got it installed on your system/console than no.

noomi

I downloaded the 'beta-client' from the Singapore store. My question is, do I still need a code to play?

I believe the beta will ask for your u-Play account (on all platforms) which will need to have beta access granted in order to play. Really not sure though...

You can trust me!

car-salesman.jpg

I trust all my old DestinyGAF bro's and sisters! Except namikaze, he is evil.

Klyka

Banned
I can't wait to run into the line of fire of random friendly players who then get rogue flagged and I turn around and shoot them without repercussion :D

Isurus

Great OT. This is pretty much the only game I'm looking forward to in late winter / early spring, so I have high hopes. Can't wait to dive into the beta tomorrow.

Kane1345

I can't wait to run into the line of fire of random friendly players who then get rogue flagged and I turn around and shoot them without repercussion :D

Does anyone know how "easy" it is to go rogue? Does it take 1 bulltet? Me and my friends are trying not to go rogue ever (just not our style) and if this kinda thing works and marks us as rogue that'll be a huge turnoff :/

Pumped for the Beta, really interested to see how all of the mechanics work together.

Anyone know how proximity chat is going to work? I'm guessing party chat will kind of kill that, but maybe partying up won't be necessary since you'll be with just your squad most of the time anyway?

Awesome OP.

Now I just noticed the time it goes up on PS4... I'll have to go to work right after that time '-'

And I'll have to wake up earlier on saturday to play some more.

Klyka

Banned
Does anyone know how "easy" it is to go rogue? Does it take 1 bulltet? Me and my friends are trying not to go rogue ever (just not our style) and if this kinda thing works and marks us as rogue that'll be a huge turnoff :/

I think it's a couple bullets at least.

still, I will try to grief as many people as possible in the beta with that, to test the system

Xion_Stellar

Pumped for the Beta, really interested to see how all of the mechanics work together.

Anyone know how proximity chat is going to work? I'm guessing party chat will kind of kill that, but maybe partying up won't be necessary since you'll be with just your squad most of the time anyway?
There's going to be a "Orange Wave" Icon that will lit up next to a a players name which means they can hear you. As for the range of this proximity chat I don't know.

IvorB

Probably a stupid question but will I need PS+ for this beta on PS4?

Looks like Google provided the answer. In case anyone is curious: you do not need Xbox Live Gold or PS+ to play the beta.

Do I need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership to participate in the beta?
Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system owners will not need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership to access and play the beta. However, there are some game modes that require such accounts. More details on this will be released in the future.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-us/faq/

So I'm gonna download this today then I guess I am all set.

Flintty

If a player is in DZ and have some gear that s/he needs to extract and get shot and drops it. That piece of gear is up for grabs by everyone and anyone but only 1 player will get the drop.

Damn, that's harsh. I can see myself crying a lot in the DZ!

Klyka

Banned
Someone please correct me if I am wrong:

If I pick up contamintaed loot in the Dark Zone,it does not actually show it's stats,correct?
It shows the rarity,shows the level and shows the kind of loot,but only when it is extracted and shown at the top are the actual stats revealed,right?

So I could find an orange assault rifle but it can turn out crap for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom