• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how a month ago there was no hype for this game anymore. Even people saying it for sure wouldnt release march 8th. But now.

The hype might be pushed even higher or go down into the abyss after this Beta.
This is it, this beta will be the most defining factor for this game's fate.

Great OT and hyped to try this game out on PC.

That east coast blizzard got me so hyped for this game; more developers should invest in weather pr.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Great OT, but am I blind?
Are there different PvE missions, like Strikes in Destiny?

The games really not like Destiny at all. People would be best served not to try and compare them, as this will lead to dissapointment.

Smash88

Banned
I feel anything Destiny related usually leads to disappointment lol

I don't think any game should really be compared all that much, but people will nonetheless do so. I know there are a lot of Destiny-GAF moving over to The Division once it comes out, so there might be some cross-over, questions from that community. The only thing that Destiny and The Division hold in common is their genre ARPG/Loot-based.

Disappointment in what way?

I assume with the recent news surrounding Destiny.

The games really not like Destiny at all. People would be best served not to try and compare them, as this will lead to dissapointment.

but it's still the "easiest" way to describe the game until there are more comparison points.

Both are online only shooters with RPG mechanics and your goal is to get better loot :D

Theorry

Positive impressions from the alpha probably helped too.

Those helped to. But there wasnt hype at that moment. I for sure wasnt hyped. "Nice a alpha. I will check it out" And after i played it i got really intrested in the game. The alpha was a nice surprise in a good way.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Should probably make a new section saying "It's not like Destiny" :)

Kinda reminds me of a cross between Gears and Destiny due to cover based looter

Asmodai48

Got an invite for PC version and the game is supposed to be under "my games" i don't see it though. Am i missing something?

axb2013

Recently got an awesome deal on a 1TB SSD, this beta is the one to break it in. I admit I've had low expectations from the Division to begin with but the game is shaping up to have more depth than I anticipated. I was under the impression single player elements would be as rare as in EA's Battlefront it but it looks like there is enough to setup the story. Seamless single/multiplayer transition without loading screens while skipping typical immersion breaking steps when joining multiplayer definitely has potential, I'm looking forward to seeing it in action and observe how well it's implemented.

I think a massive (pun intended) beta shows that Ubi feels confident about what they put together. They've got their work cut out for them to convince the skeptics to give the game a chance before dismissing it. Fact that Division was initially a console exclusive game didn't help, neither is Microsoft's continued restraint of it's unwanted old kid in favor of the xbox, withholding PC footage while periodically publishing a "we care about PC statement" but the fault here lies a little with Ubi as well. The game will undergo extreme levels of scrutiny yet Ubi yields to the xbox footage clause again.

This game didn't have a good start, didn't it? Announced at the point Ubisoft was contending EA to win the worst business of the year award, it took a petition for Massive to make a PC version, odd considering the studio's PC roots:
https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-release-tom-clancy-s-the-division-for-pc
Ubisoft indicates interest after supporter count went up:
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-division-ubisoft-encourages-players-to-sign-pc-petition-over-50000-do/
Once the supporter count reached 140000, Ubisoft published this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F-Xu1S9wv0&feature=youtu.be

Having spent some time watching gameplay videos, I'm intrigued and looking forward to the beta. Ubi may have something here.

BigTnaples

Disappointment in what way?

If you go in expecting gameplay like Destiny, you will be disappointed.

Playing Kings Fall for instance in Destiny, in no way at all feels like anything in The Division.

The Division will probably be a great game, and I am super pumped for it, but I think people are dangerously starting to build it up as some sort of Destiny replacement.

And due to the fact that the gameplay is much different, and the fact that the Division will be just launching where as Destiny is now "2.0" after having over a year to be refined and iterated on, people thinking this will replace it right out of the gate are going to be disappointed.

Take the game on its own merits, and let it succeed at what it is trying to be, rather than saying "It failed to emulate Destiny". Because it is not trying to.

Looks like I got royally screwed out of this beta :(.

I legit pre-ordered from Amazon beginning of December. Entered my redeemtion code from them a few days ago on the UBISOFT website. Said I registered and all that good stuff, and I would get an email via my UPLAY account email of the code being delivered. It has not been delivered and when I try to re enter the code it says already registered.

Under the beta access tab on the website, it says I do not have any beta access at this time. I can't even link my xbox live gamertag to my UPLAY account. Keeps saying cant do that at this time. I have emailed UBI support multiple times to no avail :/. This is terrible. Anyone have any other ideas?

Theorry

If you go in expecting gameplay like Destiny, you will be disappointed.

Playing Kings Fall for instance in Destiny, in no way at all feels like anything in The Division.

The Division will probably be a great game, and I am super pumped for it, but I think people are dangerously starting to build it up as some sort of Destiny replacement.

And due to the fact that the gameplay is much different, and the fact that the Division will be just launching where as Destiny is now "2.0" after having over a year to be refined and iterated on, people thinking this will replace it right out of the gate are going to be disappointed.

Take the game on its own merits, and let it succeed at what it is trying to be, rather than saying "It failed to emulate Destiny". Because it is not trying to.

Agree. I think its way better to come in thinking its a RPG (wich it is) Doing main missions, side missions slowly taking the city back.

I legit pre-ordered from Amazon beginning of December. Entered my redeemtion code from them a few days ago on the UBISOFT website. Said I registered and all that good stuff, and I would get an email via my UPLAY account email of the code being delivered. It has not been delivered and when I try to re enter the code it says already registered.

Under the beta access tab on the website, it says I do not have any beta access at this time. I can't even link my xbox live gamertag to my UPLAY account. Keeps saying cant do that at this time. I have emailed UBI support multiple times to no avail :/. This is terrible. Anyone have any other ideas?

Same exact thing is happening to me. Also happened to me during the Rainbow Six Siege beta, never got access even thought the websites told me I was registered etc.

noomi

This is my home now... super pumped to try the beta with my friends.

Goodbye Destiny, Hello The Division

jbortz78

Great OT!

Really tempting when I see the Beta Icon staring at my face each time I start my PS4. Even tried starting the game yesterday hoping Ubisoft messed up...:)

Klyka

Banned
I really just want to explore this New York together with my friend. From what I have already seen there is an IMMENSE amount of visual story telling in the game.

I love to look at scenery and items and such in front of me and come up with my own ideas of what went down.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Great OT but disappointed Non Downgrade Agreement didn't win.

jpax

So because it is a Ubisoft game, I need to know the Micro Transaktion situation.
Does anybody know?

Pachimari

Already played the bets on Xbox and it was boring. But I can't wait to see how it runs on my PC. Still two days to go though.

SJRB

Gold Member
How exactly does loot/ammo drops works? Is it shared, or everyone has its own?

Loot and ammo is instanced, meaning you'll never have to worry someone else will grab your stuff.

I'm not entirely sure if loot (rogue agents drops) in the Dark Zone is instanced too.

BigTnaples

I swear I read an article where a dev said "no,we don't have microtransactions".

Ah well,if you show me a source,ok then. Cosmetic stuff doesn't matter anyway.

Yeah I can confirm this as well, there will be outfits available as DLC. All cosmetic though, nothing that effects gameplay in any way.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I swear I read an article where a dev said "no,we don't have microtransactions".

Ah well,if you show me a source,ok then. Cosmetic stuff doesn't matter anyway.
I'll see if I can't find it later, but I think it was one of the videos with the devs, maybe AJs where they said there would be cosmetic stuff.
^

Klyka

Banned
Loot and ammo is instanced, meaning you'll never have to worry someone else will grab your stuff.

I'm not entirely sure if loot (rogue agents drops) in the Dark Zone is instanced too.

If you die and drop loot in the dark zone, that is "public loot" and all players can see and take it.

My first Amazon code was already used when i tried to register it.

Cancel your amazon order. Reorder from Amazon, you'll get a new code, enter it at the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom