• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Okay, thanks. I think I can handle that. I don't think I'd get too stressed out over losing loot that I didn't really own.

himZD0M.jpg

Oh you'll get stressed out when someone takes your loot, trust me.

But I love it. That risk/reward makes it all worthwhile.

I'm ready to jump back in. Played the alpha and closed beta on Xbox. Time to switch gears and try it on PS4 :)

I will be trying it on ps4 and xbox one. It will be the first time I have turned on the xbox one since a week after I bought it in October last year.
Already pre-ordered it on ps4.

HMD

Oh you'll get stressed out when someone takes your loot, trust me.

But I love it. That risk/reward makes it all worthwhile.

I still can't forget how pissed off I was when I lost a full pack of shitty green loot. Don't trust anyone in the extraction zone.

Calcium

Banned
I still can't forget how pissed off I was when I lost a full pack of shitty green loot. Don't trust anyone in the extraction zone.

This sounds interesting. I'd assume everyone would just be an asshole and people would be murdering each other left and right. Is that about how it usually goes?

This sounds interesting. I'd assume everyone would just be an asshole and people would be murdering each other left and right. Is that about how it usually goes?

I ran into more "good" guys then assholes. I mean most of the time they wanted to get their shit out just as much as I did.

however I still remember getting douched by a team and seeing red. I really wanted that new scarf!!

Raide

The temptation is there. Some make tentative groups to get into the DZ, find some loot and extract the hell out of there. Some go in with co-ordinated groups and just do what they want. Others will douche you over as soon as you spawn into the map.

All options are viable.

The whole idea of the DZ and going Rogue just opens up the real divide between what players can and will do.

Tovarisc

People usually behaved themselves in extraction points when they knew that you have eye on them, and don't let them angle themselves behind you. Basically be aware of people around and position yourself so you can take cover quickly with options for retreat, when people see you are "prepared" they are less likely to try anything.

Se_7_eN

You would be surprised how many people want to help you out... And then again, don't.

The Dark Zone is a pretty crazy experience, I brought my gun up at everyone I saw.

Tovarisc

The Dark Zone is a pretty crazy experience, I brought my gun up at everyone I saw.

I had peaceful yet aggressive random encounter with another player that stuck with me. Basically I was taking down NPC that harassed me and stray bullet hit player who just ran around corner. He instantly shouldered his rifle and aimed at me, I returned in kind and aimed at him. He crossed the street, we kept aiming at each other. I moved towards N along the street, he towards S and whole time we kept aiming at each other. When distance was large enough for our AR's to be lesser threat we just dropped our aims, turned 180 and went our ways.

During whole time neither of us did single in-game gesture, use chat nor VOIP.

hydruxo

Honestly, alot of people run right past you or do emotes and keep going on their way. Most people are more concerned with hunting rogues. If you're in a 4 man group you'll run into alot more good guys than anything because they won't want to mess with a full group in most cases.

It's really cool to be fighting a group of rogues only to see a group or two hop into the firefight right along side you. I'd say it's fairly rare to run into players who are purposely going rogue repeatedly. Most of the time it's players who go rogue when they see the opportunity arise, like seeing a lone player at the extraction with loot or something. All that being said, anything goes in the Dark Zone and that's what's so much fun about it. Any given time you go in there you'll have a different experience. There's alot of fun pvp dynamics in the dark zone that I've never experienced in other games.

Se_7_eN

I had peaceful yet aggressive random encounter with another player that stuck with me. Basically I was taking down NPC that harassed me and stray bullet hit player who just ran around corner. He instantly shouldered his rifle and aimed at me, I returned in kind and aimed at him. He crossed the street, we kept aiming at each other. I moved towards N along the street, he towards S and whole time we kept aiming at each other. When distance was large enough for our AR's to be lesser threat we just dropped our aims, turned 180 and went our ways.

This sounds like a similar experience to one I had with a player... But, this exact story kinda explains most of my encounters with other players.

Tainted

Talking to my mate into downloading the Open Beta client (PC version) and he is telling me that the preload option is not available to him. He can add the icon to his games list though in uplay

He wasn't in the closed beta but I was. Are new players unable to preload yet..what gives here ?

Region: AU

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

That was Day 1 for everyone in DZ.

By Day 2, the douche zone virus had spread far and wide. Shoot first or endure watching them do jumping jacks on your fresh corpse.

Tovarisc

That was Day 1 for everyone in DZ.

By Day 2, the douche zone virus had spread far and wide. Shoot first or endure watching them do jumping jacks on your fresh corpse.

This encounter was towards end of closed beta :) I met most of "Shoot first" tools at beginning of beta, and at end of beta my gear was twinked so those few I met were so cute when they realised they can't kill me and tried to get away in panic.

Edit: Best was last day on CB. Someone ran up to me and emptied whole AR mag to my chest, one third of HP lost. I have never seen player running for exit that fast.

Evolved1

This encounter was towards end of closed beta :) I met most of "Shoot first" tools at beginning of beta, and at end of beta my gear was twinked so those few I met were so cute when they realised they can't kill me and tried to get away in panic.
lol.

By beta end I was setup pretty nice as well. Rolling solo not too worried unless it was a true wolf pack (you can usually tell) but I did get ganked a couple times while I was in menu. And the menu doesn't immediately pull you out if you receive damage unfortunately. So by the time I'm coming out of menu I'm already critical. Ah well. What are ya gonna do?

Towards the end of the CB, the Dark Zone was going to be a shooting fest from the start. Everyone had already done farming spawn points and going underground and the like, so it was time to do whatever else seemed fun. Which was shooting other players.

But that's what you get in such a small space to play in with limited spawned enemies and types. Once we get the full game that 24 player count will spread out nicely.

So whatever you experienced in the beta is not how it will be like minutes at a time, as things get more spacious. Going to be interesting, what people will do when they haven't seen a another player or group for ten minutes to half an hour.

JohnDrake

Since I never deleted the Beta I think now I only have to download the 1.6 GB update, right?

I am not sure if I am gonna play much this time around. I played around 12-13 hours the last time and I think I had enough. I don't want to get tired of the game before I even get the complete version lol.

Since I never deleted the Beta I think now I only have to download the 1.6 GB update, right?

I am not sure if I am gonna play much this time around. I played around 12-13 hours the last time and I think I had enough. I don't want to get tired of the game before I even get the complete version lol.

I plan to just play over the new mission and maybe dip my toes into the dark zone if I renew my gold by then, but for the final version it might be nice to go into the dark zone completely fresh instead of learning the ropes in the betas.

mosdl

Okay, thanks. I think I can handle that. I don't think I'd get too stressed out over losing loot that I didn't really own.

And the best items (at least guns) in the beta were available at DZ vendors, which you can buy and not need to extract (so you can't lose em).

Euphor!a

Banned
Have they gone into anymore detail regarding if there would be a guild/clan system in the game? The only information I can find on it is from 2013 but no real word since and as far as I could tell there was nothing about it in the beta.

Starviper

Have they gone into anymore detail regarding if there would be a guild/clan system in the game? The only information I can find on it is from 2013 but no real word since and as far as I could tell there was nothing about it in the beta.

Oooh, am very curious about this.

That was two years ago and it seems like that is not the plan anymore. At least for now going by what devs have said about that feature. They wanted a whole site for clans and such, though it seems that got left on the cutting room floor. Regardless they will "look into it" though hoping for something like this a few months after release or sooner.

But just to speculate, since they are cautious about putting trading and a black market in the game right now (lots of gear and loot loop holes...etc. Would make the DZ as a pvp area die quick). Unlike they planned before. It's connected to guilds and clans given that's one of the key features of those types of things. Then they would have to figure out how much do they allow trading wise and...etc a whole new ball game. Plus whatever eco system they got running would have to change, to add in all of that. So to me i think if they had another year, this stuff would be in the game. But they didn't, so its simple stuff for now.

PatDH

Yeah in one of the Alpha videos, think it was Angry Joe's, it was said there's no support for clans and such.

Yopis

Awesome.

So what are the dates for the PS4 beta?

here:

The PlayStation 4 and PC Beta begins Friday, Feb 19 at 1pm CET/7am EST/4am PST and will end Monday, Feb 22 at 1pm CET/7am EST/4am PST.

(Note: If you're confused as to why the end date is Monday, Feb 22 instead of Sunday, Feb 21 (which is what you have all seen), it's because the beta ends early on Monday morning. We felt it wasn't fair to say it ended on Monday when, in reality, there isn't a full day to play on Monday.)

Drac84

Has anybody heard if we'll be able to save custom builds for our characters (eg healer, dps, tank), or will we have to manually reset our skill trees each time depending on the role we need to play in our team?

Evolved1

Has anybody heard if we'll be able to save custom builds for our characters (eg healer, dps, tank), or will we have to manually reset our skill trees each time depending on the role we need to play in our team?
There's a lot of room for player comfort improvements like this... I haven't seen much dev discussion though. Respec being so easy is already pretty great, especially compared to most mmo, but saved profiles would be cool. Quality of life stuff like this is always welcomed.

Drac84

There's a lot of room for player comfort improvements like this... I haven't seen much dev discussion though. Respec being so easy is already pretty great, especially compared to most mmo, but saved profiles would be cool. Quality of life stuff like this is always welcomed.

gah I wish the digital gold wasn't $100. I have Best buy GCU and can get gold for $80. $20 is $20.I kinda want digital though ughh. Wish digital came with a discount for all games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom