• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

KodaRuss

Sounds like The Division Beta is killing the Siege servers at the moment. Lots of reports of Siege servers at capacity right now.

Thanks Ubisoft.

TheYanger

Anyone play the alpha on Xbox and then play the beta? What's different this time around? Is more of the map open?

It's largely the same. If you go to the PDF they emailed everyone it actually lists the main changes, mostly bug fixes they didn't detail, but a few control swaps, etc. The dark zone being 1-7 and 8 for the beta is a nice change, it was a bloodbath for lowbies last time.

Tecnniqe

Banned
thedivision_2016_01_2rcj9v.png

Put everything i could on max :)
Also seems to be little to none GPU 2 load so SLI is prob not functioning its best.

Dr Dogg

I swear the guy who comes on the radio whilst you're in the Dark Zone is the VA for Garius in Mass Effect. I'm half expecting him to call me Shepard.

Played for about 1h before coming to work and really really liked it. Graphics are amazing (PS4), couldn't see any jagged edges. Turned off CA and set the sharpness to 70%.

spannicus

Beta ran surprisingly well in 4k with all settings maxed. Not ubisoft 4k screenshot amazing, but looks ok. Was gonna get on PC and X1, now I am only getting it for PC. Hopefully the retail version will be full of things to do, and offer a ton of variety in attire. Wish the Riker enemies didnt all look the same. Should be worth the 34 bucks cdkeys is selling it for.

What complexity did the Destiny Beta have? None. You're comparing the full Destiny to a Beta. Only complexity to Destiny is the raids.

Beta to Beta... i could also do Alpha to Alpha as i was part of both... Let's first start with enemy variety. I dont even have to mention the number of different races and creatures... models, strategies, weakpoints, enemy weapons, enemy vehicles... the amount of map variety... special public events... elemental damages... elemental resources... a resource based upgrade system... a vehicle... amount and variety of weapons... player customization... player movement augmentation... player special abilities of much greater impact... and simple game and gunplay. The degree to which your point of aim and overall tactics impact your effectiveness against a given enemy type in Destiny... well, that's light years ahead of what it is in the Division. Alpha... Beta... whatever.

Crackbone

lol what?

Yeah I'm failing to see this so much I'm commenting on the subject twice.

I have quite a few hours in Destiny, and while I think generally the FPS gunplay in Destiny is better, I can't for the life of me figure out how Destiny is more complex.

Maybe scripted PvE encounters? Although this is the full game were looking at, right guys?
/s

Sharper image, smoother framerate, no tearing, doesn't feel as janky.

PC version is fucking fire too. Might be double dipping for this game

I know it's an obvious thing to try but I felt the default 15% on the normal camera and aiming camera sensitivity were far too low which I changed to 50% on both and it made a huge difference for me on Xbox One as far as the game feeling responsive.

I hate not being able to skip anything and the fact that the beta starts with a start up, tutorial and a cutscene that is all not skippable really annoyed me.

No crouching either kinda annoys me idk this game might not be for me i guess.

Galava

I played a bit, and all I can say is that this game could be really good. Need to play a bit more to be sure.

Will wait for reviews though when it launches.

Definity

Sharper image, smoother framerate, no tearing, doesn't feel as janky.

PC version is fucking fire too. Might be double dipping for this game

First thing I noticed was the PS4 did not tear the screen during the intro section. Im sure digital foundry will send out impressions soon.

I gotta try out the PC version next!

Keasar

Have anyone started to take comparison shots between the Manhattan gameplay trailer and how it looks right now in the PC version? Since the first mission is the very building in this trailer. I know that there are probably a big bunch of effects that are disabled but I can see right away that the stairs are a lot less decorated with fences and have moved the entrance to a tent tunnel.

SJRB

Gold Member
Sheesh this game is fucking awesome. It's EXACTLY like I hoped it would be.

Also - the amount of clutter and stuff in the streets everywhere is super impressive, it's incredible how detailed everything is considering the size of the game.

Fishook

Whats it like for a purely single player experience, The setting appeals to me I just do not have the time to grind, or have enough online friends to play multiplayer on a regular basics. I struggled with leveling up on Battlefront.

I enjoyed Dying Light, or Borderlands for a purely single player experience (I know this is a Beta)

MMaRsu

Banned
Lol now my text is in spanish I def cant read that lol...

I could read german lol.

Can someone tell me how I can change it to english?

Have anyone started to take comparison shots between the Manhattan gameplay trailer and how it looks right now in the PC version? Since the first mission is the very building in this trailer. I know that there are probably a big bunch of effects that are disabled but I can see right away that the stairs are a lot less decorated with fences and have moved the entrance to a tent tunnel.

I'm interested to hear if it looks even remotely like that. Guessing not, but maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom