• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyWind

Oh Mr Bond are you there?

James?
JAMES!?

007-james-bond-spectre-o.gif

SirDgby

Neo Member
Need someone to preload on xbox and confirm if they can get into the game (servers down) or if its still locked... unlikely, but hoping that there isn't a software lock and everyone can start playing March 7th @ 8am EST.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Release time:
00:01 8th in Australia (AEDT)
14:01 7th in Central Europe (CET)
13:01 7th in UK (GMT)

This translates to:
08:01 7th in Eastern US
05:01 7th in Western US

Preload information:

PC (Steam AND Uplay):
04:00 4th in Austrialia (AEDT)
18:00 3rd in Central Europe (CET)
17:00 3rd in UK (GMT)
12:00 3rd in Eastern US
09:00 3rd in Western US

PS4:
00:01 6th in your local time (except Japan)
00:01 8th in Japan

Xbox One:
"today" everywhere

SomTervo

With the launch of The Division just a week away, we thought it was a good time to update you on exactly when servers will go live and when reviews will start to come out.

The Division was always designed to be a seamless online experience, giving players the option to play solo or group with fellow Agents to tackle missions and infiltrate the Dark Zone as a squad. Thanks to the feedback and participation of a record-setting beta 6.4 million players in the beta, we know many of you took up arms with others and saw first-hand how The Division’s unique gameplay experiences were brought to life by a large and active player population.

Since it’s impossible for us to populate the servers in a way that would adequately replicate playing The Division on launch day, reviewers will start playing the game along with everyone else when it’s released on March 8 – after the servers go live officially at 00:01AM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). We anticipate there may be some impressions posted online within the first few days of launch that were based on experiences with The Division Beta, and we look forward to seeing streams, videos, and opinions that provide accounts of final, in-game conditions.

Players who have purchased digital copies can begin preloading today for Xbox One; Thursday, March 3 at 6PM CET / 9AM PT for PC (Steam/Uplay); and March 6 at 00:01AM local time on PlayStation 4 – except Japan where it will be available on March 8 at 00:01AM.

We can’t wait for you to share these and other Division moments as you explore the streets and begin your journey to save New York City. Thank you for your continued support.

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-reviews-what-to-expect-on-launch-day/

OK, so i'm super hyped, but this day-one review situation is suddenly giving me shivery Destiny flashbacks

At least if things go south i'll be able to flex my British right to a refund within a reasonable period

I do honestly think it's pretty shitty that they're keeping the press out until launch. They can't give us the "Oh we can't properly populate the world/servers" can they? I mean just how many reviewers/youtubers/celebs etc. get pre-release versions of games today to review... there's MORE than enough to populate a few servers specifically for the process of reviews. This doesnt even take into consideration the thousands of copies black-marketed before release.

This practice really does infuriate me. If they wanted the press to have the full experience 2 weeks before launch they could have easily given that to them.

I've got my preorder... and will be picking it up on the 11th after work as i normally do with games. Gives me a few days to see if there is any shenanigans going on.
Were you not here for the Diablo 3 debacle? Also, this is standard practice for, probably, every MMO. It makes sense.

cackhyena

I preloaded last week on Xbox, I'm ready.

I saw Gies say there won't be a time yet for reviews since Ubi hasn't sent copies. Wtf.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Need someone to preload on xbox and confirm if they can get into the game (servers down) or if its still locked... unlikely, but hoping that there isn't a software lock and everyone can start playing March 7th @ 8am EST.

Confirmed. It's been like that since the alpha.
Whether the Xbox store unlocks the pre-load or not is the only question.

almost every other online only/online heavy game gets Reviews In Progress/full review post-launch - "That's the correct approach"

The Division does it - "They don't care about the game/customers"

M.W.

Well, I never find physical copies before launch, plus I was going digital anyways, bring on 9pm PST Monday for the unlock!

bjaelke

Giancarlo_Ubi 3 minutes ago

@kyu2130 @xudevu You will be able to start playing at 12:01AM EST on March 8 if you're in the US.

SirDgby

Neo Member
"You will be able to start playing at 12:01AM EST on March 8 if you're in the US."

... from the comments on the blog page.

Granadier

Hype train derailed. Australia gets it early to compensate for their crazy prices.

I don't get why this is a issue for you. I rather have everyone play it and make their own decision, then having early reviews in the air already. Dictating the narrative. Bo oh for reviewers they weren't going to get the full experience without the day one patch anyway and whatever fixes their would be as well.

I'm not sure that's an issue for me. In fact, I'd rather other games that had a strong multiplayer presence follow suit. Games like Battlefield, Call of Duty - heck, even Destiny shouldn't get reviews before the game comes out. Sure, the publishers can provide a server that would allow them to get a feel for it, but that's usually an optimal situation. Most people that read reviews want to know how the game performs on an every day basis. There's quite a stark difference between a bunch of press playing in the Dark Zone, to Joe Division-player camping the Dark Zone extractions.

I understand your frustration, though.

I can understand what you guys are saying; however, i personally believe reviewers should be given early access to these online-only games with "review servers" a good time in advance. That way they can give us (the ones spending our hard earned cash) a little bit of a preview not only built on a first week impression. The press plays along side the youtube celbs and pro gamers as well so there's usually a good pool of players online from what i've seen. Combined with those who get leaked copies. It should be more than enough to develop a full review on all but server stability issues and network stuffs like that.

Granadier

Midnight launch for digital release. Physical release is as stated earlier.

Release will be 12:01EST for the US. IF you happen to have a physical copy before that, then the servers will be online at 8:00am EST.

TO CLARIFY
You will only get to play Monday if you are able to get a physical copy early.

lt519

Fuck that pre-load date/time absolutely kills me. I now have to download and install the entire thing on hotel Wi-Fi somehow by the 8th.

Lamptramp

Release time:
00:01 8th in Australia (AEDT)
14:01 7th in Central Europe (CET)
13:01 7th in UK (GMT)

This translates to:
08:01 7th in Eastern US
05:01 7th in Western US

Preload information:

PC (Steam AND Uplay):
04:00 4th in Austrialia (AEDT)
18:00 3rd in Central Europe (CET)
17:00 3rd in UK (GMT)
12:00 3rd in Eastern US
09:00 3rd in Western US

PS4:
00:01 6th in your local time (except Japan)
00:01 8th in Japan

Xbox One:
"today" everywhere

Cheers Tec, not had time to do my usual "virtual pacing back and forth" for division data today with the little one sick as a dog recently purposefully injected with diseases by a sadistic GP. :)

Time to do chores before 1400 then, excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom