• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear! So far I've always bought the games twice^^ As money doesn't grow on trees, this is absolutely the better way for us! :) We tried it once with Destiny, but it didn't work for the DLC and we had to rebuy it. So we're a bit cautious here. Thanks for clearing up. Guess I will cancel the preorders on Amazon then :)

We did the same with pvz garden warfare 2 recently so I think it should be safe. Hopefully the uplay thing doesn't bite us in the ass or I'll be screwed too.

Edit: thanks for that video link CabbageHead, you are right the map is pretty damn big, not to mention the below and above ground traversal too.

JJD

Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Tom Clancy's The Division\rogue\sdf_streaming\pc\nyc_brooklyn

Cool! Hopefully we get more locations! Thanks for the info.

How is this even legit though? Nobody has been on the live server. I mean if true yikes, but I donno

I have no idea if it's legit. But considering the guy signed an NDA and some of his videos have been discussed by the devs themselves on the game forum I thought he would know what he is talking about. Hopefully he is wrong.

Beta map was already big, the whole map will be insanely huge.
Did you know this map is roughly the same size as fallout 4 and Los Santos?

To be completely honest, I played the beta for 30 minutes tops, so I don't have a good idea of the size. I was just hoping some cool NY landmarks were included. I think visiting the Central Park would be amazing in this game.

I didn't think Fallout 4 was small, but it was certainly not that big IMO. Believe it or not GTA5 is still in my backlog.

Just to be clear I don't know if the map is too big or too small for my tastes and I'm not criticizing it. I was just hoping for those two locations to be in the game as I believe they could be quite cool and memorable!

Still hyped!

deoee

Cool! Hopefully we get more locations! Thanks for the info.

I have no idea if it's legit. But considering the guy signed an NDA and some of his videos have been discussed by the devs themselves on the game forum I thought he would know what he is talking about. Hopefully he is wrong.

To be completely honest, I played the beta for 30 minutes tops, so I don't have a good idea of the size. I was just hoping some cool NY landmarks were included. I think visiting the Central Park would be amazing in this game.

I didn't think Fallout 4 was small, but it was certainly not that big IMO. Believe it or not GTA5 is still in my backlog.

Just to be clear I don't know if the map is too big or too small for my tastes and I'm not criticizing it. I was just hoping for those two locations to be in the game as I believe they could be quite cool and memorable!

Still hyped!

Just post a Red panda gifs and you'll be forgiven your sins!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was watching TV and I saw a commercial for this game, but it was using an Uncharted song to advertise the game! It's weird because the Uncharted song they used does not fit the game at all. Anyway, here's the commercial I just saw:

https://youtu.be/nAy9QhNcRC0

I do this all the time with my wife, digital had the season pass as a dlc so I think it's good to be used on both your home system (her logged in) and her system (you logged in). I've got it pre-loading on both overnight for us.

So far the only game that didn't work for both of us was the just dance 2016 subscription, as it treated it like a ps+ sub sorta thing so it only worked for me lol.

Isn't Just Dance a Ubisoft game though? How many games of those games the DLC works with are Ubisoft games?

Great to hear! So far I've always bought the games twice^^ As money doesn't grow on trees, this is absolutely the better way for us! :) We tried it once with Destiny, but it didn't work for the DLC and we had to rebuy it. So we're a bit cautious here. Thanks for clearing up. Guess I will cancel the preorders on Amazon then :)

I'm not sure if you should be in a hurry to cancel just based on that. I'm not sure if anyone can guarantee you if it will work. It's a risk you are taking. But I suppose the cheapest way would be if you buy one digital Gold edition and if that doesn't work you can always buy an extra season pass. That's cheaper than buying two discs, right?

Isn't Just Dance a Ubisoft game though? How many games of those games the DLC works with are Ubisoft games?

I'm not sure if you should be in a hurry to cancel just based on that. I'm not sure if anyone can guarantee you if it will work. It's a risk you are taking. But I suppose the cheapest way would be if you buy one digital Gold edition and if that doesn't work you can always buy an extra season pass. That's cheaper than buying two discs, right?

We played farcry 4 together, no dlc though mind you. But ya I agree maybe we need to be cautious with this one =/

Hopefully he can keep his order and let someone like me guinea pig the digital division before giving the ok.

Edit: Rayman legends was ok as well, but again no dlc =/ I guess worst case I might get stuck buying a second seasons pass. I don't know how much he was able to get the two complete for on amazon though.

Bahlor

We did the same with pvz garden warfare 2 recently so I think it should be safe. Hopefully the uplay thing doesn't bite us in the ass or I'll be screwed too.

Great! Thansk :)

This is true, still... I'm a friend of physical releases but as said before... in this case it would be a lot cheaper. :) Thanks! Will preorder the gold edition then.

EDIT: Just found the following on the ubisoft site. Guess it's safe to just get the PSN gold version then. :) https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/47/3502/add-on-content-sharing/kA030000000tiZBCAY

EDIT #2:After reading it once more... guess this means that season pass only works for the user who bought it similiar to destiny or is it console wide like dying light?

Great! Thansk :)

This is true, still... I'm a friend of physical releases but as said before... in this case it would be a lot cheaper. :) Thanks! Will preorder the gold edition then.

EDIT: Just found the following on the ubisoft site. Guess it's safe to just get the PSN gold version then. :) https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/47/3502/add-on-content-sharing/kA030000000tiZBCAY

Did you have a good deal at amazon? I don't want to screw you guys up if they make this one work on one account, I can test it out and let you guys know before you commit to digital on launch day.

Edit: ya that ubi stuff on dlc is weird, I guess worst case we would need to buy one gold edition and a season pass for the second person if it doesn't work? Hrm.. I hope the main game itself works for both or that's going to suck.

Bahlor

Did you have a good deal at amazon? I don't want to screw you guys up if they make this one work on one account, I can test it out and let you guys know before you commit to digital on launch day.

No... 2x 69,99 € ^^ ( 2x 99,99 € is too much for us at once - for a game) But as someone mentioned... at the worst I would have to repurchase another season pass and would still be cheaper.

JJD

Just post a Red panda gifs and you'll be forgiven your sins!

panda-panda-panda-car_o_690812.gif

Just kidding I didn't even know red pandas existed! They are cute lol

No... 2x 69,99 € ^^ ( 2x 99,99 € is too much for us at once - for a game) But as someone mentioned... at the worst I would have to repurchase another season pass and would still be cheaper.

Crap, well if you don't mind waiting on buying it until release day I can test it out with our PS4's and send you a PM right away if it works, I'm staying up to play at launch (servers pending lol)

Whoa... guess someone wants me to preorder this digitally then :D Thanks for the info!

Haha, suppose so.

EDIT #2:After reading it once more... guess this means that season pass only works for the user who bought it similiar to destiny or is it console wide like dying light?

It does specifically refer to the designated home console. I have never used any form of game sharing on the PS4 though, so I'm no real help when it comes to all it's technicalities.

But I did play Destiny and it's DLC on another account than the one I bought it with.

deoee

To my knowing the seasons pass and dlc only has to be bought on the master account.
The second account won't get the benefits like costumes etc. But will be able to use the downloaded dlc as well.

Hip Hop

How will we be able to play with people that have more than 4 players?

Between friends, we might have a party size of 6.

Klyka

Banned

you can manage to get 6 people into the same DZ but only 4 will be in one party.

But yeah, max party size is 4 so nothing outside the DZ for 6 to do.

Hip Hop

You won't be in the pve section but in the dark zone it's possible to hop to a friend's server and form two groups

you can manage to get 6 people into the same DZ but only 4 will be in one party.

But yeah, max party size is 4 so nothing outside the DZ for 6 to do.

You won't. The only thing you can do is try and join the DZ together and then form two teams. That's basically it for now.

Ah, thanks!

We will mostly be doing the DZ so that's good to hear. I guess we'll manage.

Kane1345

In PVE, so far, you won't be able to. Someone said there was a work around for the DZ but I'm pretty sure they took that out

EDIT: Beaten many many times

Just built an I7-6700k, 16gb DDR4, 980ti gaming rig.

Got my free Division code, preloaded and ready to rock.

60fps and all the bells and whistles coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom