• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
Not to mention red bull

This is all you need:

The best chips in the world!

51JLxoYXzcL.jpg

or

GVfYIAh.png

or

7nLCr1u.png

or

QsXr0lB.jpg

Klyka

Banned
Hehe so I MAY have changed the work schedule a bit and now on tuesday a coworker has to start work at 2 so I can leave 3 1/2 hours early....

ROGUE AGENT DETECTED

Tecnniqe

Banned
Seems like nobody posted last nights final data mining.
Well here it is:

SPOILER [OLD] FACTION UNIT NAMES

Spoilers

Tecnniqe

Banned
Few images from tut

SPOILER images
SPOILER images
SPOILER images

Links to
Brooklyn

SPOILER images
SPOILER images
SPOILER images

cripterion

I'm glad Brooklyn is in some capacity, even if it's limited to a tutorial. Means there's a chance we might go away from Manhattan.

Maybe a Liberty Island incursion?^^

LiK

man, i can't believe i'm getting both versions on console. mainly cuz i bought the Xbox One CE for that watch since the other platforms are sold out. would've rather had PC CE.

So here's where I'm torn. I have the game pre-ordered. But I'm frustrated at the relative lack of information we have and the absence of early review copies to get a Guage on the games quality. I got burned on Vanilla Destiny but was sold on the promise and potential so kept playing and I felt it never truly delivered. I enjoyed parts of it, but it was too successful for what it was which was an MMO lite cash cow that was basically just an RNG machine. My worry is that the Division will mirror Destiny in the fashion it focuses entirely on loot and is very surface level in terms of end game content and enemy variety. Destiny at least has space magic and aliens to keep it fresh and it basically leaves the content and encounters completely up to the imagination of the developers. Which means we got fights like Atheon and Oryx who were interesting. In the Division are we just going to be fighting walking health tank with a gun man A and walking health tank of a man with flamethrower B as boss fights? Is there even going to be true end game content or just dungeons? There's so little information and we're expected to just trust this is going to deliver on its potential. How much possible interesting enemy variety and encounters can you create when you are limited to the confines of slightly futuristic technology in New York on earth? How quickly will this get stale? Help assuage my fears this will be super content light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom