• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

image.php

Don't tell the Pandas what to do!!!!

Is that a young Mila Kunis...? ;)

2 sleeps left...

Thank you! That was a very helpful video for me. Helped me to understand the possible road map a little more. Now we wait. If it doesn't pan out maybe I'll see you in The Division 2: The Search for more money.

couldn't resist a space balls reference and a small dig at gaming publishers lol

I'm actually hoping that the end game content isn't too much. I'm married with 2 babies and a
sometimes more than
full time job, so I don't have the 40+ hours a week to dedicate to a game like I did during vanilla WoW. I'd hate to play a game I love knowing that I'll never have the opportunity to see the end goal everyone works towards.

Whatever you decide, may the schwartz be with you.

Also, has the OT title been chosen yet? I suggest The Division |OT| A poxy reason to abandon your Destiny.

I am going to post this in here now, and in the community when I get accepted, but is it ok with you guys (on PS4) who I may end up playing with, if I record the session for Youtube? That would include all voice chatter too, I don't know if I am definitely going to do it but it is a possibility.

Just want to let everyone know rather than do it and some people aren't OK with it!

faer0n

So can anyone shed any light on this?

I have it preloaded on the Xbox one, and it's currently taking up 27.5gig.

On the Xbox store it mentions it's 32.5gig-ish.

I would have thought, by now, my preload would have downloaded the rest it needs, but it doesn't seem to have done so.

I tried deleting it and redownloading it. And the final size is 27.5gig again.

Is this a compressed size that will uncompressed to the full 32.5gig when it activates or is there something specific I need to do to get the preload to fetch the rest of the game?

mine says 32.3gb

don't risk it, uninstall and redownload it!

SilentFlyer

I'm torn between getting the Xbox one version or the PS4 version!

I have no idea AND IM RUNNING OUT OF TIME

I was in same situation. But I went with PS4 because my friends are there.

Go where your friends are.

If none of your friends buying it then go with Xbox One, add Gaffers and you're all set. Plus, you'll get Gold edition (digital) for half the price($42' ish I belive) if you buy from Argentina.

PatDH

LProtag

Still debating what to get for a monitor. Kinda sucks that I have to sit on my bed to use it, so the distance will be a bit over 3 feet away. Am I better off with a TV in this situation?

I should have never cancelled my preorder and bought this shit early; don't know what I was thinking. I can't do anything; can't even browse the menus, since the servers aren't up yet. Forgot that this is always online like Destiny, could have saved a few bucks. Oh well. : /

erawsd

Two quick questions before I pull the trigger.

What's the customisation like in this, can I make my character look significantly different than everybody else's?

And I watched a gameplay preview of someone using a sniper and they looked super weak, like they were shooting tranquilliser darts. Are they all like this?

Thanks

Theres a ton of cosmetic items you can mix/match, you have to find/earn them in game first though.

I dont think this game has sniper rifles, there are marksman rifles which are a bit different. Keep in mind that this is a RPG/TPS with heavy emphasis on the RPG part, which means everything revolves around stats and theres high ttk. So shooting someone in the head isnt an instant kill, its going to deal some amount of damage based on his hp/armor vs your weapon damage. You do still get bonus damage because its a headshot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom