• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Door closing intensifies.

q8kXMkZ.png
You know what they say
"When one door closes, another one closes as well"

Okay, thanks! I really hope so. Because in the EU we can't even get these pre-order codes without cheesing the system.

I know but those in the EU with XBL versions of the Gold edition are also reporting that they have all the sets. So that would suggest that it's included with Gold regardless of location.

I'm slightly hesitant to pick up the season pass along with the game, but only because I can't find out anywhere whether or not the DLC will also work on my wife's account (we share a PS4, I'm primary).

It really varies from game to game sometimes, especially with secondary accounts tied into the game (i.e. Uplay) - for example, Driveclub and Batman: AK unlock everything at a system level (one purchase for multiple accounts) while something like ESO unlocks at an account level (each account needs separate purchases).

Anyone know how Ubisoft is handling The Division is this regard?

Not sure if this helps but my brother and I have linked accounts and he downloaded the closed beta on his X1 and when I got home from work it was downloaded on my system. Not sure if the beta will be different from the game in that regard.

There is customization, and it will be very extensive at full launch

Do you know this to be true or are you just taking Ubisoft's word for it? Because I know there will be more options than in the beta, but nothing I've seen thus far suggests it's going to be very extensive. I don't expect something much better than what we got with Destiny. Would be cool if we did though.

The video Tecnniqe posted is probably the full range of it, with just more items per option in the full version. My bad, was thinking of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzTx9YfwJs

Do you know this to be true or are you just taking Ubisoft's word for it? Because I know there will be more options than in the beta, but nothing I've seen thus far suggests it's going to be very extensive. I don't expect something much better than what we got with Destiny. Would be cool if we did though.
This is based off of Arrekz Gaming and others

I'd hold off saying the character creator will be "robust"...at least until some footage comes out of the actual launch version and not footage from the preview event

Hawk269

Would creating a character with the lowest height allowable create somewhat of an advantage since it would be harder to detect someone that is very short that is hiding behind cover? I saw this mentioned in another forum and just curious if it would be so?

I would go as far as saying.. "the creator will offer more options than what we've seen in beta" but that's about it.

When you start saying things like "very extensive" or "robust" or whatever.. people are going to start thinking they're going to get Black Desert Online level of Character Creation because you haven't given them a contextual roof, so they'll hype up as high as possible.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Would creating a character with the lowest height allowable create somewhat of an advantage since it would be harder to detect someone that is very short that is hiding behind cover? I saw this mentioned in another forum and just curious if it would be so?

Most common thing to do is having a set hitbox no matter if super tall or short.

So hitbox = avg. no matter what.

Like this
aclpJEp.png

This is based off of Arrekz Gaming and others

In that case our reading of 'very extensive' differs quite a bit. But I hope I'm pleasantly surprised in that regard. I enjoy extensive CC.

Pretty sure that option, rightfully so, didn't make it into the game.

no body customizing as far as they've shown or talked about

Feichaw

Does anyone know if there'll be localized servers for every region? I'm worried about latency, because I don't live in NA.

I'll be playing on PC, by the way.

You're telling me if I perfectly headshot a heavy from the front, I'll miss?

He's giving an example of setting a single hitbox for all body types, whats shown in the picture is the hitbox of the spy class (far right) superimposed on all other classes

Thats not TF2's hitbox system, but an example of where you need to aim to hit a player disguised as a specific class.

FX-GMC

Curious as well. It doesn't make much sense to have the hitbox offset like that.

He's giving an example of setting a single hitbox for all body types, whats shown in the picture is the hitbox of the spy class (far right) superimposed on all other classes

Thats not TF2's hitbox system, but an example of where you need to aim to hit a player disguised as a specific class.

Ah...ok. False alarm

Tecnniqe

Banned

im not sure if these are actually correct (just an example to my statement), but in games with custom body height/size usually the best way to balance that to avoid everyone being super short and skinny is by having the hitbox be the same no matter what.

Speaking of closing car doors...

Really a shame that vehicles aren't able to be opened up and searched for loot like in say Dying Light. They are everywhere and would have been a great source of materials/parts and places to stash weapons etc. behind lock-pickable trunks.

Tovarisc

Oddjob in N64's 007: Goldeneye, never forget!
wiigoldeneye.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
Will the beta instalation be utilized for the final game?

I don't think so because I doubt the beta has the entire game's assets and I don't see the devs hand out update patches or anything, but general rule of thumb is just don't delete the beta until this is confirmed.

Carn82

Downloading!

I didnt play the closed beta. Is this basically the same install, but with some extra stuff (and open instead of closed)?

Matush

Sorry for a little OT, but anyone knows a prices of Season Pass, I can get Gold Edition for approx. 95€ and regular version for 55€. Not sure what to buy, I currently have regular version pre-ordered, but I highly doubt that season pass will be more than 40€.

Oh ok, got it. I thought I almost had an excuse for being terrible at TF2 for a second there.

bebop242

I'm slightly hesitant to pick up the season pass along with the game, but only because I can't find out anywhere whether or not the DLC will also work on my wife's account (we share a PS4, I'm primary).

It really varies from game to game sometimes, especially with secondary accounts tied into the game (i.e. Uplay) - for example, Driveclub and Batman: AK unlock everything at a system level (one purchase for multiple accounts) while something like ESO unlocks at an account level (each account needs separate purchases).

Anyone know how Ubisoft is handling The Division is this regard?

I'm expecting it to be like the Crew. Full game is shareable via multiple accounts like most games, but DLC is locked to one single account which sucks. Its a major turn off for me (we have 2 ps4s) and this open beta will really have to win me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom