• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division PC performance thread

Spinifex

I still dont know why my computer will not let me click anything after exiting the division and I have to manually restart my computer...I am guessing it is a bug where I am using controller for division so when I exit my computer doesnt register the clicking of my mouse..its really annoying.

It's 2 different Windows updates that cause this. I'm on mobile so can't link you thread. Search for 'uplay Xbox'

Nokterian

364.51 worked for me. It actually disabled my other 2 monitors while installing the driver and after a reboot everything was fine.

I didn't do that so it worked..good thing i always wait with drivers from nvidia you never know what could happen i always install them by end of the week if it is out.

Rewind

Anyone running sli 760's? I have that with a 2500k at 4.2 ghz and am curious if I can maintain 60 fps at 1080p.

Can't even get the game to launch now. I click Play in uplay and it comes up with the mini splash screen then it closes and does nothing.

Reckheim

i5 4670k, gtx970, windows 10

preset to ultra and runs pretty much stable 60fps, 1080p. Turned the particles down one notch since it was dipping a smidge during fire fights but eh

I have a very similar build to yours and I'm getting an average of about 45 fps in Ultra, is the particles the only thing you turned down?

Sky87

It's 2 different Windows updates that cause this. I'm on mobile so can't link you thread. Search for 'uplay Xbox'

Here's a few:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping
http://www.infoworld.com/article/3040403/microsoft-windows/bad-windows-10-xbox-one-controller-forces-microsofts-hand.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/48me06/psa_latest_windows_10_update_breaks_keyboard/

Has nothing to do with Uplay, but everything to do with using the Xbox One controller on the latest Windows Cumulative updates. Basically, unplugging your controller could (very likely) completely bug your mouse input to where you're forced to hard-restart your PC.

This is a random video showing how it sounds/looks like. Keep in mind that the reason it's happening in the vid might be completely unrelated to the current problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuolB3uESyA

Workaround: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49128

Here's a few:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping
http://www.infoworld.com/article/3040403/microsoft-windows/bad-windows-10-xbox-one-controller-forces-microsofts-hand.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/48me06/psa_latest_windows_10_update_breaks_keyboard/

Has nothing to do with Uplay, but everything to do with using the Xbox One controller on the latest Windows Cumulative updates. Basically, unplugging your controller could (very likely) completely bug your mouse input to where you're forced to hard-restart your PC.

This is a random video showing how it sounds/looks like. Keep in mind that the reason it's happening in the vid might be completely unrelated to the current problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuolB3uESyA

Workaround: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49128

Thanks, I followed the instructions on the last page just now, hopefully that will fix it.

Is there any way I can use an Antlion Modmic in conjunction with the Xbox One controller that's being used wirelessly on the PC?

Salvatron

So I was hoping I wouldn't run into this after the beta, but I still find surfaces in-game that I can pass through, usually ending with me falling through the map. During the Beta, it was the street just outside the operations center. Last night, the door to the elevator you take to proceed to the next section of the medical mission was passalbe. My teammates just walked in normal. For me, I see a dark grey plane where the door should be open. I walk through and immediately fall through the map.

Any ideas? I know they listed issues with NVIDIA cards. Did some searching but couldn't find any workarounds. Avg about 56-60 fps, pretty solid (more solid than the map).

win 8.1
i7-5960X
TITAN X 12GB
32gb RAM
SSDs

ZHbDcKh.jpg

dr_rus

So I was hoping I wouldn't run into this after the beta, but I still find surfaces in-game that I can pass through, usually ending with me falling through the map. During the Beta, it was the street just outside the operations center. Last night, the door to the elevator you take to proceed to the next section of the medical mission was passalbe. My teammates just walked in normal. For me, I see a dark grey plane where the door should be open. I walk through and immediately fall through the map.

Any ideas? I know they listed issues with NVIDIA cards. Did some searching but couldn't find any workarounds. Avg about 56-60 fps, pretty solid (more solid than the map).

win 8.1
i7-5960X
TITAN X 12GB
32gb RAM
SSDs

ZHbDcKh.jpg

This is a game's error, will probably be fixed with patches.

Gustavoh

Neo Member
Somewhat off-topic (and I apologize if it's a noob question), but I figured someone here might help with an audio issue. I would like to have game audio routed to my A/V receiver and voice chat audio routed to my headset. I'm using an xbox one controller and my ps4 standard headset plugged into its 3.5 mm jack for the first time on my pc. My buddy who's playing with me can hear me just fine (even though he is also unable to route my voice to his headset).

At first, all audio was going to the headset. I figured something might have gotten switched in the W10 audio devices settings, went in there and reselected my A/V receiver as "default playback device" -- and also selected the headset mic (which shows up as "USB headset") as the "default recording device". But now I get all audio routed to the receiver (and it's impossible to understand what my friend is saying when all hell breaks loose).

I also tried setting the headset as "default communications device" in both the playback and recording tabs, but I still get all audio to the receiver.

Any ideas, anyone?

holygeesus

Banned
Anyone getting laggy rag doll physics?

Yep they seem to be 30fps. I'm guessing they are tied to the server somehow too.

I've turned off all that fancy Nvidia shadow stuff, as I have to admit to barely noticing it anywhere besides high resolution stills, and it's not worth the massive performance drain for me. My 980ti runs a whole 10c cooler with it off. Madness. High is good enough for me.

win 8.1
i7-5960X
TITAN X 12GB
32gb RAM
SSDs

ZHbDcKh.jpg

This happened to me too, in the cleaner base mission (with the napalm tanks). I was ~40 minutes into the mission with 3 random people via matchmaking and I had to bail on them since I couldn't continue. That sucked. I hope they fix it soon.

Finally replaced my 560 ti with a shiny new 970gtx (zotac) to play this game with some friends (otherwise I would of waited for the new pascal cards). All the driver issues I was expecting terrible performance or weirdness but I grabbed 362.00 trying to avoid issues and it seems to be performing well. Haven't run the benchmark but mostly 60's with a few drops to 45-50 fps while running the game on high with a few settings cranked higher. Pretty dang happy considering the card was $290 and the game (uplay code) was free. I'm not very far into the game yet though so there may be more performance demanding areas I haven't seen yet.

My specs:

i5 4670
8gb of ram
970 gtx (Zotac)
Samsung 840evo 750gb SSD (Division load times are pretty decent)

Redmoon

Is SLI broken in this game? With it off I get 60-75 fps in the starting area with my settings at 1440p.

With it on, I get like 40-50 with bad stuttering/performance.

Rolling 3x Titan X at 1500/8000, and 3930k @ 4.8 with the latest drivers.

Can someone here running on an Intel CPU and an NVidia card please post your specs if you AREN'T having random crashes to desktop? What driver version are you using, what resolution are you running, and how many monitors do you have?

I can't for the life of me figure this out, and it just seems like a memory leak based on the thread at the Ubisoft forums.

It just doesn't make sense how some people on PC have it and some don't.

emilegc

Can someone here running on an Intel CPU and an NVidia card please post your specs if you AREN'T having random crashes to desktop? What driver version are you using, what resolution are you running, and how many monitors do you have?

I can't for the life of me figure this out, and it just seems like a memory leak based on the thread at the Ubisoft forums.

I'm playing on :

i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GTX 970
Windows 10
Latest nvidia drivers

I've had zero issues with the game so far. I have played about 15 hours or so.

I'm playing on :

i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GTX 970
Windows 10
Latest nvidia drivers

I've had zero issues with the game so far. I have played about 15 hours or so.

Thank you for posting. Are you running on an SSD or HDD? Are you using the latest driver as in the latest beta driver (364.51)? or the latest WHQL driver (362.00)?

What mouse and mouse software are you using?

I'm just trying to narrow this thing down.

emilegc

Thank you for posting. Are you running on an SSD or HDD? Are you using the latest driver as in the latest beta driver (364.51)? or the latest WHQL driver (362.00)?

What mouse and mouse software are you using?

I'm just trying to narrow this thing down.

I'm using a HDD, latest beta drivers (I think, I'm at work now and I'm unable to check), and I'm actually using a xbox 360 pad to play on my tv from my couch.

Vitor711

i5-4690k
Windows 10
SSD
Latest Nvidia Drivers (post-multimonitor issue)

No problems. Played the game for 15 hours and also never had a single crash or visual issue. Runs like a dream.

Somewhat off-topic (and I apologize if it's a noob question), but I figured someone here might help with an audio issue. I would like to have game audio routed to my A/V receiver and voice chat audio routed to my headset. I'm using an xbox one controller and my ps4 standard headset plugged into its 3.5 mm jack for the first time on my pc. My buddy who's playing with me can hear me just fine (even though he is also unable to route my voice to his headset).

At first, all audio was going to the headset. I figured something might have gotten switched in the W10 audio devices settings, went in there and reselected my A/V receiver as "default playback device" -- and also selected the headset mic (which shows up as "USB headset") as the "default recording device". But now I get all audio routed to the receiver (and it's impossible to understand what my friend is saying when all hell breaks loose).

I also tried setting the headset as "default communications device" in both the playback and recording tabs, but I still get all audio to the receiver.

Any ideas, anyone?

Might be hard to troubleshoot this one since everyone has different audio hardware and software, but I do use a similar setup. First thing I have to do is set the option in my audio softwae to "separate all input jacks" - if I don't do this then I can never separate my headset chat audio. Then I've got to set the default communications device in Windows, and lastly I have to specify in my voice client (steam or Skype) which device I want chat to output to.

Again, things might be different as I plug my headset into my PC front panel. But I also use a separate USB mic and separate speakers, so it is possible.

EDIT: No random crashes here, I'm running:
i7 4790k
Gtx 980ti
Win 10
8GB RAM
HDD
Steam Controller
And the latest Beta drivers (as of last night).

I've been having the same problem. Thought they might have fixed it from the beta since I brought it up to support. Disappointing to see it released in the same state.

Lowering the settings can buy an hour or two but out the 5 times that I have ran the game I've also had to send 5 crash reports to uplay.

I'm using a HDD, latest beta drivers (I think, I'm at work now and I'm unable to check), and I'm actually using a xbox 360 pad to play on my tv from my couch.

i5-4690k
Windows 10
SSD
Latest Nvidia Drivers (post-multimonitor issue)

No problems. Played the game for 15 hours and also never had a single crash or visual issue. Runs like a dream.

I've been having the same problem. Thought they might have fixed it from the beta since I brought it up to support. Disappointing to see it released in the same state.

Lowering the settings can buy an hour or two but out the 5 times that I have ran the game I've also had to send 5 crash reports to uplay.

It's maddening... I've sent plenty of reports as well.

Anyone without crashes have Logitech Gaming Software installed for their Logitech mouse? Or Razer software for their Razer mouse?

grendelrt

Is SLI broken in this game? With it off I get 60-75 fps in the starting area with my settings at 1440p.

With it on, I get like 40-50 with bad stuttering/performance.

Rolling 3x Titan X at 1500/8000, and 3930k @ 4.8 with the latest drivers.
Yes, with Sli on I get slightly better frame rate but huge frame drops. I turned off my second card and performance is way more stable. Really sucks they stated they fixed Sli in the patch notes when they obviously did not. Ubisoft has a horrible record of fixing Sli games as well.

Corpekata

Banned
I have logitech software installed, but it's for a keyboard.

Are you using Afterburner to monitor the stats around when it crashes?

Anyone without crashes have Logitech Gaming Software installed for their Logitech mouse?

^ I have that for my mouse, though I only use my steam controller. It is plugged in while playing though.

Crazy issue, I have no idea what it could be. The only instability I had was when I forgot to turn off RTSS and tried to run FRAPS once.

grendelrt

Anyone without crashes have Logitech Gaming Software installed for their Logitech mouse? Or Razer software for their Razer mouse?
I have the Logitech software installed and no crashes, but the game messes with my led colors and stuff on my mouse.

^ I have that for my mouse, though I only use my steam controller. It is plugged in while playing though.

Crazy issue, I have no idea what it could be. The only instability I had was when I forgot to turn off RTSS and tried to run FRAPS once.

I have logitech software installed, but it's for a keyboard.

Are you using Afterburner to monitor the stats around when it crashes?

I have the Logitech software installed and no crashes, but the game messes with my led colors and stuff on my mouse.

Thanks for the replies, I guess I can rule out Logitech software being at fault. I don't mean to turn this into a tech support thread, but since so many people have this issue, it would help us narrow it down if possible.

I don't use any overlays save for the Steam overlay. When I played in beta with no issues, it was through UPlay only, and only the UPlay overlay was enabled.

I assume at least some of you are running it through Steam with the overlay on with no issues?

emilegc

Thanks for the replies, I guess I can rule out Logitech software being at fault. I don't mean to turn this into a tech support thread, but since so many people have this issue, it would help us narrow it down if possible.

I don't use any overlays save for the Steam overlay. When I played in beta with no issues, it was through UPlay only, and only the UPlay overlay was enabled.

I assume at least some of you are running it through Steam with the overlay on with no issues?

I'm using the steam overlay but disabled the uplay one.

I've actually got both enabled, no issues so far.

^ Yes to wind affected snow. Only setting I have turned down is shadows, no NVIDIA super shadows for me.

What settings make the biggest difference in performance?

I'm getting mostly 60fps but slight dips. Don't mind turning another setting down to make it more stable.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I think I have everything set to low and with my OC'd 780 getting 50-60FPS @ 1440, really need these new cards to come out.

nkarafo

When i see performance threads like this, i wonder if the majority of PC gamers have high end graphics cards or the mid-range users don't even bother with these games...

So, anyone tested the game on a 760-960 range card yet?

Also, how does the game look/perform on a mid-range card, compared to a PS4/XBOX?

grendelrt

When i see performance threads like this, i wonder if the majority of PC gamers have high end graphics cards or the mid-range users don't even bother with these games...

So, anyone tested the game on a 760-960 range card yet?

Also, how does the game look/perform on a mid-range card, compared to a PS4/XBOX?
I am running a single 670 right now because Sli is broken. Mix med, high settings at 1080p at 30-40fps. 6700k cpu, 16gb ram.

nkarafo

I am running a single 670 right now because Sli is broken. Mix med, high settings at 1080p at 30-40fps. 6700k cpu, 16gb ram.
Thanks.

So i'm looking for a locked 30fps option, mix med/high settings on a i5 4670, 16GB RAM and a GTX 960 i assume.

Any idea how the PS4 version fares compare to that? Maybe we are better off playing the console version instead?

oakenhild

Are either of you overclocking your CPU and/or graphics card?

I've had 3 crashes so far. All were due to my system running out of memory (8GB), I think. I checked afterburner after the crashes, and I was hitting pagefile usage peaked at a bit over 8GB of RAM. After closing the game, I had to restart my system to get the memory levels back down to a decent level.

i5 4670k
logitech gaming software
Game launched with uplay, uplay overlay enabled
full screen mode on a 34" ultrawide at 3440x1440 resolution.

CPU and 970 are slightly overclocked, no other games give me issues. One of the crashes asked for me to send a report to the devs, which I did.

Bought 16GB of 2400mhz ddr3 ram, which I'm hoping will either mask this, or fix the issue.

Gurrry

I tried playing on Ultra but I didnt really notice any difference between that and High. I decided to just run the game at high instead of ultra so that my GFX card doesnt over work itself.

Top Bottom