• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

mreddie

double_toasted_korey_drunk_by_digi_matrix-davm4hv.gif

MONSTER TRUCKS Drunk Review

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
POWER RANGERS 2017 MOVIE TRAILER REACTION

"Zordon looks like Bryan Cranston fucked a Rubiks Cube."

I think Martin had the opinion that mirrored mine the best "This isn't for me." I grew up with Power Rangers. I remember being 6 years old and making my grandma turn to Fox Kids at like 7am so I could watch that dumb shit. But this still looks like a shitty high concept action movie for teens...which end up being complete garbage 99% of the time. If this didn't have the Power Rangers name on it, it would be ignored the same way Max Steel did.

But again, not for me. It's for tweens, I think. I'm not really sure cause they must be banking on some nostalgia given the era of Power Rangers they're using. There's a mish mash of things going on.

mreddie

I think Martin had the opinion that mirrored mine the best "This isn't for me." I grew up with Power Rangers. I remember being 6 years old and making my grandma turn to Fox Kids at like 7am so I could watch that dumb shit. But this still looks like a shitty high concept action movie for teens...which end up being complete garbage 99% of the time. If this didn't have the Power Rangers name on it, it would be ignored the same way Max Steel did.

But again, not for me. It's for tweens, I think. I'm not really sure cause they must be banking on some nostalgia given the era of Power Rangers they're using. There's a mish mash of things going on.

Martin actually called this Max Steel 2

Again, I know it isn't for me but I might see it in case we get another Max Steel/Jem situation.

Sai

Did anybody watch the Sunday Service yesterday? Sammy had to take over as host, and I was wondering if he did a good job. I had to leave out in the middle of their talk about the tequila party, and he seemed to be doing great from what I saw.

Did anybody watch the Sunday Service yesterday? Sammy had to take over as host, and I was wondering if he did a good job. I had to leave out in the middle of their talk about the tequila party, and he seemed to be doing great from what I saw.

I listened to it this morning. Everyone on the crew said he did a good job, but I wasn't feeling him at all; he talks too fast, was really hyperactive and was cutting people off people they could finish their train of thought. Weird thing is he's never that way on his own show, maybe he was nervous about hosting the Sunday show, idk.

Sai

Aw. Thought Martin and Danielle would help him settle down as the show went on. Did Coleman ever make his cameo?

I'll try to watch it before tonight's livestream.

Aw. Thought Martin and Danielle would help him settle down as the show went on. Did Coleman ever make his cameo?

I'll try to watch it before tonight's livestream.

Nah, dude didn't settle down, Martin and Danielle were great on the show though. Also, Coleman did show up to give a review for "The Founder".

I listened to most of it and I quite enjoyed him. I thought he would have been iffy, but he did a good job. I got into his stories immediately.

I think he was mostly talking fast to try and keep a flow going.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I listened to the Oscar talk earlier today. I'm glad they brought up Aaron Taylor Johnson in Nocturnal Animals. I had the exact same reaction to him in that. He was completely unrecognizable to me in the role and had me captivated and scared shitless the whole time.

I'm pretty okay with most of the Oscar picks. Even La La Land sweeping wouldn't bother me that much. I'd prefer a Moonlight win, but La La Land is made for that Oscar crowd, like they said. Now if Viola doesn't get something for her Fences performance I'm smashing shit in the streets

cj_iwakura

I would've been okay with Viola Davis getting a nod for Suicide Squad too, heh. Her Amanda Waller steals that film(not that it takes much).

Just hate watched about half of dirty grandpa (now on Hulu!) before washing my remaining soul with their review. Goddamn this movie is trash.

Great channel by the way.

Grizzlyjin

Semi heated drunk show debate about Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. Oh lord haha

Roussow

Man I originally disliked Girts, but man I enjoy him more with every video.

I haven't watched/listened in a while, he just seemed a little ordinary, didn't really have the charisma of Goodwin or Danielle. Glad to hear he's improving with experience, Sammy's gotten pretty good on the mic himself, I'm curious to see how he did hosting the Sunday Service.

Grizzlyjin

Man I originally disliked Girts, but man I enjoy him more with every video.

Same. I didn't really care for him much when he was doing The High Score, but he has flourished with the trailers and movie reviews.

Aiii

So not worth it
Same. I didn't really care for him much when he was doing The High Score, but he has flourished with the trailers and movie reviews.

He seemed timid and awkward and just out of place at first, but he has really grown into the show lately.

After seeing this movie. I agree with Grits. I really do not understand how anyone could enjoy this crap called a movie. Korey can dump on star wars but like resident evil? gawd. gawd.

Agree, I even understand enjoying these movies, but this!?
I have never been so far off from their opinions before.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
agreed with what you guys are saying about Girts, he developed great comedic timing after he got comfortable. he's great at adding funny one liners during their conversations.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Agree, I even understand enjoying these movies, but this!?
I have never been so far off from their opinions before.

Suicide Squad, max steel and heck even 50 shades of black were edited better than resident evil. Wish Martin was in on the review so there could be 2 leveled headed people. Grits was right, both Koreys were fanboying over shit.

I think he's basically replaced what Chris used to be, while not as good obviously, still solid and holds his own.

Plus his facial expressions sell really well.

FTF

Love Double Toasted...though it is strange they don't have any video reviews up (at least on their youtube channel) of the two biggest best picture nominees, La La Land and Moonlight :/

Top Bottom