• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I felt the same way about the new trailer. The last one was actually pretty good. The NYCC one though just looked like all the elements I hated about Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, and even the last act of Wonder Woman. Personal preference maybe, but I just don't like how these DC movies look when they're doing those big green screen set pieces. Nothing against the effects themselves, the whole thing just looks way too hollow.

And it isn't a Marvel vs DC thing. Sometimes the Guardians movies click that alarm too. Oh, and X-Men Apocalypse's last act was a major offender.

I felt the same way about the new trailer. The last one was actually pretty good. The NYCC one though just looked like all the elements I hated about Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, and even the last act of Wonder Woman. Personal preference maybe, but I just don't like how these DC movies look when they're doing those big green screen set pieces. Nothing against the effects themselves, the whole thing just looks way too hollow.

And it isn't a Marvel vs DC thing. Sometimes the Guardians movies click that alarm too. Oh, and X-Men Apocalypse's last act was a major offender.

Honestly, the Justice League trailers just make me wonder why they don’t just make the whole movie CGI. The red sky stuff in generic wasteland field doesn’t help.

Magwik

Banned
Did they ever review the Inhumans pilot or did they forget about it? I remember Korey promised to do it.

don't_believe_his_lies_jpeg.jpg

It's that "This was fucking clearly entirely done on a soundstage" look.

Always hate it,

Neece

Agreed, especially when you mentioned having similar problems with the Guardians movies.

In terms of quality or business? On YouTube they’ve been steadily increasing this past year.

They also keep selling out on their meet and greets and they recently set it up where people can pay for the streams through Amazon. They're doing fine business wise.

Quality wise, I personally think Goodwin and Girts are as good as Chris and Tony back when they were Spill. But that's more subjective.

He killed a girl.

Also SMH @ Danielle dancing in her bra. Double Toasted has been on the decline for well over a year now.

What?

Danielle's addition to Whaddup Son!? basically saved that show for me, and earned it a place on my regular listens with Sunday Service, Review Extravaganza and Roast and Toast.

D i Z

Can't believe I'm going to bat for her, but Danielle is making more sense right now with the other video and her request here.
Those titties were never going to be shown publicly, but they could have just let her do it. What we're talking about now is not wanting to edit, on their part. That's it. Everyone still gets to see them on the vid, just not bare.

Seesaw15

They also keep selling out on their meet and greets and they recently set it up where people can pay for the streams through Amazon. They're doing fine business wise.

Quality wise, I personally think Goodwin and Girts are as good as Chris and Tony back when they were Spill. But that's more subjective.

I agree quality wise DT has been been pretty rock solid. Though I do think Korey needs a Cargill like person on the crew. Goodwin and Girts always capitulate to Korey and Martin just gets shouted down/roasted for being an old man when he disagrees.

I agree quality wise DT has been been pretty rock solid. Though I do think Korey needs a Cargill like person on the crew. Goodwin and Girts always capitulate to Korey and Martin just gets shouted down/roasted for being an old man when he disagrees.

I find that the two tend to switch up who they agree with often. Some times they agree with Korey and other times, they agree with Martin. When they agree with Martin, that's when Korey thinks he's being ganged up on.

I do agree they sometimes shout down each other's opinion though.

Really? Goodwin and Martin are almost a tag team at this point. I think Korey has even called it out a few times lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I find that the two tend to switch up who they agree with often. Some times they agree with Korey and other times, they agree with Martin. When they agree with Martin, that's when Korey thinks he's being ganged up on.

I do agree they sometimes shout down each other's opinion though.

Korey legit always thinks he's being attacked. Dude is defensive about everything even before a word is spoken. Every time a Marvel or DC film is mentioned... "You all gonna say Marvel bitch"

Magwik

Banned
Korey legit always thinks he's being attacked. Dude is defensive about everything even before a word is spoken. Every time a Marvel or DC film is mentioned... "You all gonna say Marvel bitch"
"Disney strategically undercut the Justice League trailer with Star Wars"

Like c'mon son just admit you have a bias lol

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Goodwin... neither EPIC or Cliffy B has ever worked on Doom. Or any Doom.

I just turned the video off. I can't stand them stretching out every little piece of info. Just say the name of the company! Lol

diaspora

I just turned the video off. I can't stand them stretching out every little piece of info. Just say the name of the company! Lol

I don't mind Girts and Goodwin leading the discussion but every high score episode really misses out by not having Martin or Coleman's input, at least on episodes involving the industry versus just playthroughs.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't mind Girts and Goodwin leading the discussion but every high score episode really misses out by not having Martin or Coleman's input, at least on episodes involving the industry versus just playthroughs.

Really? I don't feel like Goodwin can lead nor can Gritz keep a conversation going.

Ducarmel

Seems like they did not even do any research on the epic lawsuit, or they intentionally left out details of the case.

I think epic should win every penny they can get from those two cheaters.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Part of what makes Martin and Korey so good to watch is that aside from being funny as hell they actually know what they're talking about. If Goodwin and Girts were the same with games the High Score would be something special.

diaspora

Really? I don't feel like Goodwin can lead nor can Gritz keep a conversation going.

Certainly not when it's just the two of them.

Part of what makes Martin and Korey so good to watch is that aside from being funny as hell they actually know what they're talking about. If Goodwin and Girts were the same with games the High Score would be something special.

This too. I can appreciate having a gaming segment and having it led by its two younger members but I don't think their familiarity with games and the industry are as strong as Coleman and Martin's familiarity with cinema and the film industry.

Korey just needs to bring on Jeff and Rage Select as their video game arm and stop with this. I get that Girtz and Goodwin like games and stuff but they really shouldn't have a show dedicated too it.

Skittles

Korey just needs to bring on Jeff and Rage Select as their video game arm and stop with this. I get that Girtz and Goodwin like games and stuff but they really shouldn't have a show dedicated too it.
Yeah, Girtz/Goodwin's ignorance on games is kind of astounding and the reason I don't tune in. They need to bring in some actually knowledgeable people onto the show. The high score crew would have to be completely replaced unless you want the conflict of hardcore/non-hardcore conflict to go on.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I want to like The High Score more, but sometimes they just dwell on things too long. The South Park x Kanye West controversy discussion, for example.

I don't think that is the issue outright. Just a symptom of what they lack.

Goodwin when leading is stiff as all hell. He reminds me of Sammy. He can inject more of his personality into it. While Gritz is to the point with everything. Dude is a 3 pump champ. He has what he wants to say, says it, and just sort of trends water.

I feel like these two would be much better if they shorten their show.

Top Bottom