• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Dunlop

Has anyone who cancelled able to login today, I'm pretty sure it said I was good until May 2.

I have about 20k gold to donate to the NA guild

I'll try to login tonight

Why would you guys cancel and still care to login?

Also so many features are added by using addons it baffles me when people complain about stuff like inventory management and search filters.

www.esoui.com just go add stuff.

user237

I'm having enough fun to continue to subscribe... I don't think I'll play this game for years but it's fine as a summer game.

Hawk269

Not sure if this was mentioned and I know they are working as part of 1.1 some performance improvements, but just discovered that this game is very CPU dependent. My Wife decided to get in on this game and was using my laptop while I was using my gaming rig. We decided to build her a computer and I put it together yesterday. I put in a i5-4670k coupled with a Evga GTX770. I set a 4.1-4.2 oc on the CPU and then ran the game. With maxed out settings (including view distance set to max) at 1080p, I was getting pretty much rock solid 60fps in almost all areas until I got to a populated town where I dropped to around 45 or so.

What struck me was how in the hell was her rig besting mine when I have a i7-3930x and 2 GTX Titans. After looking into it, my Overclock for some reason on the CPU was gone. We had moved a few months ago and for some reason my rig would not power on, so I unplugged and plugged everything back in and that solved it, but never bothered to check my OC. So when I reapplied my 4.8 OC to my CPU, I was now getting rock solid 60fps even in crowded towns where it dropped maybe to 55 rarely.

So if you are having FPS issues and I know it is also partly due to them not using a real fullscreen (fix coming in 1.1), that perhaps giving a slight OC to the CPU might help out. Prior to this, I was getting down to the mid-35's in towns on my rig, but taking the CPU from stock speed to 4.8 made the difference.

Alur

Finally quit leveling alts and hit VR1 on my DK and me and my buddy decided to give the PVP here a real go at level instead of low leveling dabbling as that was our main thing in SWTOR. I have to say I'm not a huge fan. I don't hate it, but it's definitely not as engaging as I was expecting.

Part of it is I am still comparatively weak, but the other is the zerg-ish nature of the action at the moment. It's Ilum all over again, except at least there are objectives to capture and quests and such. I find myself doing better on my 22 nightblade than my VR1 DK due to the range factor which is disheartening, though when I am not focus fired down DK is pretty satisfying (aoe root a colony of players, aww yiss). In my time doing ESO PVP I've learned quickly that I should not be using either charge ability to engage in combat. The combat itself feels almost too hectic in that WoW arena-ish way where you either kill someone quickly or you die quickly, and there isn't a whole ton of countering (due to the small skillset, I suppose) compared to a game like SWTOR where you could recover and regroup, or sustain yourself.

Storming keeps is awesome and when you actually take one it is hugely satisfying. I would also add I think my biggest issue with the PVP is that you really have no clue who the hell is hitting you out of a group at range unless you happen to look right at them. The death recaps should help out a lot with that.

All that said, I am subbed for sure (though I did take the GMG discount to pre-order Wildstar). I've enjoyed the game as a whole and I am anticipating that once the level gap is diminished the PVP will be more interesting for me.

MrXavier

I'm not sure if I should wait for the ps4 version or the pc version. I played the pc beta but it didn't run that well on my laptop. I wasn't overly impressed by the game but I liked the dungeon runs that I did during the beta (the only redeeming factor). How are dungeons in the late-game and are healers still a chore to level up?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Enjoying it plenty enough to keep subbing - I do faff about too much though.. my leveling is so slow, turtles pass me on the Eastmarch freeway.

A testament to the game though, I don't really care that I'm leveling slower than a wet week, good stuff.

Ricker

Any news on confirmed dates for the console version?

They are not talking about them at all...I applied for the PS4 beta,even though I am playing now on PC,just to see how the controller will work,but I had no e-mail or anything about the beta...I am pretty sure it will get delayed pass June,which is when they say it will release on console...unless it comes out on June 30th or something...my from my ass predictiion ;) is September....but like someone said,hopefully we will learn more at E3...

Any vamps here? What level did you complete the initiation quest? Got my bite from a fellow GAF member, but damn that quest has been hard. Didn't know it was level 38 lol. :(

Hawk269

If anyone is into Wood Crafting, it would be great to exchange crafted items so that we can deconstruct each others creations to level up faster. I am currently at Level 23 Wood Crafting and using this method, you are able to level up really fast.

Send a friend request of in-game whisper if you would like to do this. I am in the NA Neo Gaf Guild, same name as here "@Hawk269".

Alur

Any vamps here? What level did you complete the initiation quest? Got my bite from a fellow GAF member, but damn that quest has been hard. Didn't know it was level 38 lol. :(

You got it from me actually. I did at 22 twice.

Basically, you want to apply liberal abuse to the Worm Cultist to where you get him to about half health before you need to use your Drain Essence. Use that, heal yourself up (it also does a ton of damage to them), and then finish em off. Rinse and repeat. I did it on a melee guy the first time with no knockback (bow nightblade the second time), so it shouldn't be too bad.

Fuz

Banned
Just done Veteran Rank 2.

Let me say that the idea behind the veteran ranks is extremely stupid.
Having to farm again the remaining 2 factions to make rank 10 kills people who like to make alts. It's a very lazy design choice to keep people farming, and on top of that putting lvl 50 equipment behind a VR wall is extremely idiotic. It's also extremely slow and no rewarding at all, since there's no sense of progression.
On top of that, when you ding VR1 you are cut out from all the dungeons until VR3 at least, and even the drops in VR dungeons are VR5, so why bother?

Terrible, terrible idea.

Edit: Oh god, just got a quest where I have to save a traitor of my main alliance. Great fucking job, zenimax.

mid83

Have any of the launch bugs been addressed yet? I wanted to try this out last month but after hearing about all the bugs I decided to hold off until a couple patches come out. I'm enjoying FF XIV right now, so I guess I'm not in a rush, but I'm curious if there has been any improvement yet.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
So I just received my copy of ESO today. Installed it from the disc which took ages, the longest install I can remember. Then it wanted me to download a 1.4GB file. Fine, I'm ok with that. It just finished then, took 12 hours... the download is painfully slow. I'm talking sub-10kB/s speed at times and I keep getting the "WebGet request failed" error as well meaning I have to press pause and resume every time it happens. Pain in the ass. I finished that and thought I was done then another download starts and I realise I'm only at 3%...
I don't know if I can be bothered to even finish it.

Somnia

So I just received my copy of ESO today. Installed it from the disc which took ages, the longest install I can remember. Then it wanted me to download a 1.4GB file. Fine, I'm ok with that. It just finished then, took 12 hours... the download is painfully slow. I'm talking sub-10kB/s speed at times and I keep getting the "WebGet request failed" error as well meaning I have to press pause and resume every time it happens. Pain in the ass. I finished that and thought I was done then another download starts and I realise I'm only at 3%...

Sounds like something on your end, I typically get 8-12mb/s through their patcher.

docbon

Just done Veteran Rank 2.

Let me say that the idea behind the veteran ranks is extremely stupid.
Having to farm again the remaining 2 factions to make rank 10 kills people who like to make alts. It's a very lazy design choice to keep people farming, and on top of that putting lvl 50 equipment behind a VR wall is extremely idiotic. It's also extremely slow and no rewarding at all, since there's no sense of progression.
On top of that, when you ding VR1 you are cut out from all the dungeons until VR3 at least, and even the drops in VR dungeons are VR5, so why bother?

Terrible, terrible idea.

Yeah, I had a great time until VR1, but holy moley I would like to do something else other than 100 hours of more questing. This content really should have been saved for alt characters. I'm sure they'll address it in some way, but I'll be taking a break until next patch, in the meantime.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
All those updates sound great, now let's hope this isn't another SW:TOR where the devs promise a list of X features and never deliver...

I've had midterms and shit so I haven't got to play the game for about 2 weeks, about to jump back in though. Excited to finally finish my goddamn vampire.

KePoW

Banned

Never had those issues

hepburn3d

Never had those issues

I've experienced slow patches from time to time. I think it's the servers being overwhelmed sometimes.

Really enjoying the drop in bots. I've yet to find any swamping the bosses now. They seemed to have moved into the wild and are farming materials. Not sure how they've done it but they've glitched materials to spawn over and over and they just keep collecting them on the spot.

Also noticed an extremely annoying glitch last night. Travel to a way shrine and cant move. It seems because someone had mounted a horse after fast travelling and staying in place, everyone who appeared after them got stuck. No one could move till he moved.

I'm still loving this game but a small part of me wishes I'd waited a few months for the bugs to get ironed out, they can get really annoying.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Dark Souls 2 is eating all my time but I got to play a bit last night, yay level 30. Meanwhile my girlfriend is kicking my ass and nearly 50, but I'm slowly getting there. Can't wait for Trials though, eager to get that awesome looking Egyptian-like gear.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Dark Souls 2 is eating all my time but I got to play a bit last night, yay level 30. Meanwhile my girlfriend is kicking my ass and nearly 50, but I'm slowly getting there. Can't wait for Trials though, eager to get that awesome looking Egyptian-like gear.

I have to say, that Egyptian like gear looks the business.

I swear, my L20 Dragon Knight is the worst dressed Dunmer in Tamriel... it looks like I've been shopping in garbage cans, can't wait till I look all spikey and sweet like them level 40-50 chaps.

KePoW

Banned
I have to say, that Egyptian like gear looks the business.

I swear, my L20 Dragon Knight is the worst dressed Dunmer in Tamriel... it looks like I've been shopping in garbage cans, can't wait till I look all spikey and sweet like them level 40-50 chaps.

LOL my DK looks like crap too

It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn’t going to be possible. Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.

Edit: crap that URL doesn't work lol.

BizzyBum

I am way too meticulous when playing this game thanks to how I usually play the single-player games. I'm almost level 20 and I already have close to 72 hours played.

Veteran ranks are stupid doo doo and need to be revamped completely. They're the most inelegant forcing of endgame content I've ever seen.

BizzyBum

Veteran ranks are stupid doo doo and need to be revamped completely. They're the most inelegant forcing of endgame content I've ever seen.

What exactly are veteran ranks?

Once you hit level 50 it just spills over to Vet 1 Level 1? How does leveling work after that?

All I know is since you need to complete all 3 factions for Vet 10 it certainly doesn't make me want to level any alts because I'll see everything the game has to off on my main when all is said and done.

Alur

What exactly are veteran ranks?

Once you hit level 50 it just spills over to Vet 1 Level 1? How does leveling work after that?

All I know is since you need to complete all 3 factions for Vet 10 it certainly doesn't make me want to level any alts because I'll see everything the game has to off on my main when all is said and done.

When you hit 50 you don't actually hit 50, you become "Veteran Level 1". You level up from there with quests and stuff from the other factions areas. You can't grind it up like some of us did - at least not until they release that next patch with better PVP and mob exp.

As to the thing about not wanting to play alts, Zenimax said they took that into account and felt like it was a better way to approach it. They'd rather you did it all on one character than HAVE to level alts, as they put it. I guess they feel like they are doing us a favor.

I haven't played in a few days myself - probably gonna wait til they release the first patch for the easier grind to V10.

The VR killed my interest. I don't want to do the other faction storylines, not without the main faction narrative tying into it.

Fun game though, i'll come back in a couple of months when they have more content and where they hopefully nerf the shit out of VR xp requirements.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Soo far I've tried two factions,

The Alderi Dominion and the one that has the orcs.

Here's my overview:

AD: your best friend is a sassy cat and you are a spy who gets no disguises but you go places as the queens secret man and do things. Worth it for raz.

Orc faction: you are a proclaimed hero of the king, the townsfolk know you by name, everyone knows you. Your missions involve wearing disguises into enemy territory. Where if they've read a newspaper would know you.

King E

Banned
I can somewhat agree with most complaints about veteran ranks. I am not sure as to why players no-longer receive attribute points (per level up) to say the least. The lack of VP (or XP) rewarded for discovering locales has been stripped as well. The loot drops are nothing spectacular either. There is not much in the way of rewarding veteran players for anything besides doing quests, dungeons, and dolmens for a small amount of VP.

Quests, dungeons, and dolmens are fine, however there is a significant jump in difficulty. It is advisable for players to invest in alchemy, enchanting, and provisioning to increase survivability. Enemies are in larger packs, and combine attacks often. Avoiding combat as much as possible is key in some areas, especially in public dungeons if you're solo. A bump in difficulty is fine, yet the lack any sense of rewards for progress is a bit of a damper.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The VR killed my interest. I don't want to do the other faction storylines, not without the main faction narrative tying into it.

Fun game though, i'll come back in a couple of months when they have more content and where they hopefully nerf the shit out of VR xp requirements.

I'm pretty sure the latest patch on the PTS has bumped XP for Cyrodiil and dropped VR xp requirements... well, semi-sure at least.

Somnia

Saw a couple things I'd answer real fast.

Attribute points in VR: you automatically get +10 health/magicka/stamina per VR level so you basically get 3 attribute points a level.

Patch 1.1 (which should hit next week hopefully, its delayed cause we discovered on PTS that its not as hard as they want it to be so they are tuning it still) will be doubling XP per kill/quest in Cyrodill plus npcs are now VR5 so youll get XP that way too. They are also more than doubling VR exp per kill in other zones.

BizzyBum

Anyone else finding the book in this game suck compared to the single-player TES games?

It's an MMO, so I understand they did not want many long reads, but all the books I have found are usually only a few pages at most. This would be fine if they were good reads, but many I find uninteresting.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Anyone else finding the book in this game suck compared to the single-player TES games?

It's an MMO, so I understand they did not want many long reads, but all the books I have found are usually only a few pages at most. This would be fine if they were good reads, but many I find uninteresting.
I didn't notice too many long reads in Skyrim besides modded in ones. One change I love is that I don't have to lug around the books, can just open my lore library up and sit around browsing.

owlbeak

Anyone know when 1.1 is estimated to drop?

I'm level 26 and am debating holding off on playing until that patch drops or just continuing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Blacksmithing seems a lot harder to level up than the other crafts? I Tried woodworking and clothing on my first character and they seemed fine, building or dissasembling something seemed to give a good portion of xp (1/7th a bar?) but blacksmithing.. anything i pull apart i get like.. 1/30th a bar.. and these are things ive found.. not things ive crafted :(

Top Bottom