• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

aka_bueno

Not much ESO love here eh? I would have thought there'd be more buzz in here since today is Morrowind launch (on PC)!

Maybe this game is more popular on consoles eh?

aka_bueno

Well this is the console version OT, as I understand it. The PC OT seems a lot more... dead.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=940597

Oh, I didn't even know there was a separate PC one ha!

Maybe cause this was a really staggered release where it came out on consoles like a year later so maybe it transitioned into this thread instead of keeping up 2 threads for the same game.

Should maybe get a mod to change the title of this thread so it doesn't scare away PC players :p

aka_bueno

I probably won't pick up Morrowind for a while since I just started the game not that long ago.

I only started it a couple weeks ago but hadn't had time to play it much. My character is only 15.

But since you can start a new character IN the Morrowind expansion area I got it anyways so I can experience that right away. Might as well make the new Warden class character too so I can't wait to check it all out later tonight.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I only started it a couple weeks ago but hadn't had time to play it much. My character is only 15.

But since you can start a new character IN the Morrowind expansion area I got it anyways so I can experience that right away. Might as well make the new Warden class character too so I can't wait to check it all out later tonight.

Cool. That's not a bad idea.

I'm really enjoying the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Basically with the changes they did to most maps, it's hard to complete it without groupwork.

Though I hope this means more people in the map for completion.

I'd get Morrowind in a sale, much like how I got the game.

EDIT: GAH, AddOn updates >_<

dubq

Basically with the changes they did to most maps, it's hard to complete it without groupwork.

Though I hope this means more people in the map for completion.

I'd get Morrowind in a sale, much like how I got the game.

EDIT: GAH, AddOn updates >_<

What maps?

venomenon

Walking from Seyda Neen to Vivec with "The Road Most Travelled" playing in the background... god, I'm 15 again.

Is Morrowind completely accessible yet, though? I visited Ald'ruhn and couldn't use the door to enter Scar, can't imagine they wouldn't let you do that.

Wallach

And just as fucking annoying to navigate as it ever was.

Well, yeah, that hasn't changed haha. At least they haven't built it all yet so there is less of it to wander through.

Been trying to squeeze some Warden time in during this busy work week. Was originally going to heal but I'm thinking of switching over to a tank build as I haven't tried that in ESO yet. Going straight damage doesn't seem too appealing on this class.

dubq

The vanilla maps with harder bosses than usual.

Yeah, some can be really frustrating. I've run into a few that basically amounted to cycling revives to keep at least one person alive at all times and chipping the boss's health down.

Sorry, maybe I'm confused by what you mean when you say "maps" -- are you talking about group dungeons? Public dungeons? Solo delves? World bosses?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Sorry, maybe I'm confused by what you mean when you say "maps" -- are you talking about group dungeons? Public dungeons? Solo delves? World bosses?

I'm talking world bosses, and maybe some public and group dungeons too. Solo delves have all been pretty easy.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Any advice for a TES sorta-vet looking to dive into TESO solely as a stress-free solo experience? I don't mind teaming up with folks (Destiny GAF, yo), but don't really want to be beholden to anyone else's schedules, and want to feel comfortable picking the game up and putting it back down in favor of other games whenever I want, without dicking over any mates.

Specifically looking for advice re: classes, builds, content, etc.

Boss Doggie

I'm talking world bosses, and maybe some public and group dungeons too. Solo delves have all been pretty easy.

public dungeon bosses didn't change, they've been always hard as it is required to be done by a group

world bosses originally didn't have a million+ in HP, at most they're just as strong as public dungeon enemies

Dragoshi1

Holy shit, that new Crown store exclusive Kagouti mount is $40!?

I was waiting for it to go up before I got ESO+, didn't think it'd cause the same as Morrowind.

Well, guess I have to miss out now. 40 bucks...

SHIIIIT, i didn't know this. Wanted to start a new character but was dreading doing those initials quests all over again. Guess i'll grab the xpac!

MattyG

Banned
Is there a way to figure out consumables crafting recipes without actually finding it? I'm taking enchanting and alchemy specifically. How am I supposed to know how to make these potions for writs if I can't find the recipe for it? I'd like to do it on my own but if not I'll just google them.

Decided to hop back into this instead of Stormblood. Love FFXIV, but I feel that the game is a bit more demanding of my time, especially when you throw the monthly fee in.

How's the GAF guild? Or are there other active Gaffer-Essie guilds? PS4 NA.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Leveling to 50 is so trivial. You can do it in a couple days (hours even, if you have the right gear and exp potions available) it's collecting skyshards and stuff that is the real pain when starting a fresh character.

Can you elaborate on that? My highest level character is like 12. I'd love to have a more efficient leveling path then just roaming around and doing quests.

Picked this up with Morrowind and really enjoying it. I made a Warden for my first character but that put me into the Morrowind area. Is there any way I can instead go back to the base game's area for the faction I chose? I'd like to do Morrowind later on rather than right away.

dubq

We're a week away and I tagged myself for the Morrowind OT a while back.. I'm working on it now and will post a link here once it's up! :)

aka_bueno

Picked this up with Morrowind and really enjoying it. I made a Warden for my first character but that put me into the Morrowind area. Is there any way I can instead go back to the base game's area for the faction I chose? I'd like to do Morrowind later on rather than right away.

Yep, you can travel via any of the city boats/ships.

So anyone playing on PC? I got a buddy and myself playing Morrowind expansion but I'm basically a first time ESO player. Anyone else on GAF on PC? US?

Yep, you can travel via any of the city boats/ships.

So anyone playing on PC? I got a buddy and myself playing Morrowind expansion but I'm basically a first time ESO player. Anyone else on GAF on PC? US?

Cool, thanks! I'm PC US, I'm Sejati in-game.

I really like how the skills in this game work, it seems like there's a ton of builds you can create. I'm not sure on Warden yet though. I don't really know what i'm doing haha

aka_bueno

I really like how the skills in this game work, it seems like there's a ton of builds you can create. I'm not sure on Warden yet though. I don't really know what i'm doing haha

That's actually one thing I don't get about this game it's throwing me off lol.

I'm used to defined classes where within each class there's sub classes to fit your playstyle.

And that exists here too, but then you throw in character attributes (magicka/health/stamina) and all the OTHER general skill lines that everyone has access to like: weapon skills, armor skills, guild skills, etc etc

And it SEEMS like you can create a ton of builds and stuff but from what I'm reading, youre usually gimping yourself hard unless you dump all your points in one attribute (either all in magicka or all in stamina) and then go for a very specific role or build.

Hm...

Retrofluxed

I'm in the US. Myself and a few friends are back to playing. We have a guild up and running if anyone is lonely and wants an invite, send a message to me (@tsthy) and I'll give you an invite. I'm not online a ton (a 3 year old and an 8 month old will do that), but I do try to be on a bit during the week at night, and I'm always online on weekend nights.

aka_bueno

I'm in the US. Myself and a few friends are back to playing. We have a guild up and running if anyone is lonely and wants an invite, send a message to me (@tsthy) and I'll give you an invite. I'm not online a ton (a 3 year old and an 8 month old will do that), but I do try to be on a bit during the week at night, and I'm always online on weekend nights.

PC?

Edit: Speaking of PC, I got a new 4k monitor last month but my GTX 1060 can't run this at 4K (duh) so I've been running it at a mix of low/med/high settings at a lower resolution (whatever the in-game medium subrendering setting lowers it to) too to maintain mostly 60fps

But since I'm playing the game with my XB1 controller I decided to just kick everything to ultra (even did some .ini tweaks to push it beyond ultra) and run it at 4k at 30fps and it makes such a big difference I was like whoaaaaa lol. Luckily this type game plays smooth and solid at a locked 30fps.

But yeah, gonna need to upgrade my GPU now to get that 4k60fps perfection eventually

aka_bueno

I added, or rather, tried to add you two. Dunno if I did it right so if not throw me an invite. User should be aka_Bueno

Boss Doggie

hahahaha what

pgxQktc.jpg

Boss Doggie

I saw someone run by me yesterday with that happening, he was just sprinting in place on top of his mount. I'm new to the game but I figured there was something goofy going on there.

from what I experienced, if you mount as you just loaded, you'd have that animation

when moving normally, your character would "run" on top of the horse, but if you hit the sprint button, you'll revert back to your normal animation

DryvBy

I see people swear by the Campaign PVP mode. I love PVP in games and I saw something about how it's easier to figure out once you hop in. I jumped in, did the tutorial, fought in a battle (and died like a scrub), but I rarely run into anyone in the Under 50 PVP battleground.

My fam also said it's a good way to level quickly. I was in there for 3 hours and outside of running around in a mind-numbing empty area, I only gained 2 levels. It also does feel very "fun" to PVP. Asking to join a group for that entire time proved useless too.

Any videos or something I can watch that kind of explain the gist of what you should actually be doing? I'm trying my best to level past 13, which is bad since I've owned this game since 2015.

Good Evening, I have a short question regarding the crafting in ESO. Where do I get Ebony Ore? The thing is, i'm Level 41 and have Blacksmithing at 26, but I only find Dwarven Ore and Calcinium Ore. I searched up and down through Reaper's March and Bangkorai but with no luck.
So my question is, did I search in the wrong place or did I level to far ahead with Smithing for my Level 41 Character?

Good Evening, I have a short question regarding the crafting in ESO. Where do I get Ebony Ore? The thing is, i'm Level 41 and have Blacksmithing at 26, but I only find Dwarven Ore and Calcinium Ore. I searched up and down through Reaper's March and Bangkorai but with no luck.
So my question is, did I search in the wrong place or did I level to far ahead with Smithing for my Level 41 Character?

Because of the way resource spawning works (IIRC), you won't see ebony until around level 46. It's meant to make level 46-50 items, so you don't need it before then.

buizel

Banned
Anyone in the UK want a free copy of Elder Scrolls Online for PS4?

Will send to you, just be my friend and join my guild and adventure with us :3

Top Bottom