• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- First Gameplay Trailer!

projekt84

JoeBoy101 said:
If that's the actual headbob when running, I'm going to shit myself. Because looking at the gif again. His head is not bobbing, its going side to side like your head would in natural running.

Put it another way, watch that gif and tell me if you can make out when right leg and left leg are going down?

Let's not get into over-analysis mode.

It's just a trailer dude.

So rewatching the trailer it looks like the player absorbs something from the dragons he defeats. If Bethesda talked about that before then I must have missed it. Can anybody tell me what that is all about?

Durante

Haunted said:
The flowing water was the most obvious weakness I noticed, maybe some close-up textures as well.
Completely agreed, the water stuck out like a sore thumb. But they still have months to work on it, and if they don't fix it a mod will. By the way, can't give Bethesda enough credit for continuing to support modding.

Dennis

Banned

The most exciting thing for me is the prospect of exploring those Northern forests in the different seasons and weather.

Exploration RPGs FTW

The shaky sprint-cam and the gruesome axe-chop makes me hopeful that they've taken notes from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for movement and combat (as every dev should!), though some stuff still looked kinda "Elder Scrolls"-stale, so who knows!

Pennybags

I <3 Memes said:
So rewatching the trailer it looks like the player absorbs something from the dragons he defeats. If Bethesda talked about that before then I must have missed it. Can anybody tell me what that is all about?

You absorb a special move from each dragon you defeat.

JoeBoy101

I <3 Memes said:

Dovhakin (your character) can absorb the souls of defeated dragons. This makes him more powerful and unlocks dragon shouts which is the utilization of the draconic language. Essentially, the shouts cause magical effects like stunning opponents to slowing down time.

That part in the trailer when he yells, he's using a dragon shout.

EDIT: Beaten like a cliff racer.

projekt84 said:
Let's not get into over-analysis mode.

It's just a trailer dude.

With eight months til release, the fuck else am I gonna do.

That's a lie of course, given everything coming out in March, but I still have a few more days until DoW II:Retribution.

DennisK4 said:
The most exciting thing for me is the prospect of exploring those Northern forests in the different seasons and weather.

Exploration RPGs FTW

Completely agree. No HUD + beautiful open world + epic music = success

That rock formation and the clouded mountains give me great hopes about the world building in this game.

nickbreckon

Bethesda Community Manager
GreekWolf said:
Would be phenomenal if the gameplay trailer is predominately console footage.

Just to clarify, all of this trailer was captured on Xbox 360. Also, the draw distance is not faked in any way.

Durante said:

I see. I knew about them but didn't know that absorbing them from defeated dragons is how you learned them.

I wonder if it will be a fixed progression for the dragon shouts you learn or if each dragon will have a unique dragon shout. By that I mean will we be able to learn any shout we want right from the beginning of the game, provided we find the right dragon for it.

DennisK4 said:

Exploration RPGs FTW

oh shit, I didn't notice that. I thought they were 3 different areas

JoeBoy101

Ratsofatsorat said:
Just to clarify, all of this trailer was captured on Xbox 360. Also, the draw distance is not faked in any way.

Bullshit. Unless a red name confirms you're an employee or gstaff confirms this, that has to be PC. I just can't wrap my head around this being console.

EDIT: Oh shit. I suddenly remembered that the Game Informer shots were pushing console.

My concerns on my framerate just evaporated.

syllogism

Ratsofatsorat said:
So are we going to actually see any PC footage until like late October? I recall that was the case with Oblivion

Zeliard

JoeBoy101 said:
Bullshit. Unless a red name confirms you're an employee or gstaff confirms this, that has to be PC.

He's the Beth community manager, Idle Thumbs superstar Nick Breckon.

i think

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
DennisK4 said:

Exploration RPGs FTW

Completely agreed.

I LOVE mountainous regions with sprawling forests and raging rivers.

We haven't really seen a game attempt such a geographical region yet on such an enormous scale.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
JoeBoy101 said:
Bullshit. Unless a red name confirms you're an employee or gstaff confirms this, that has to be PC.
He's a community manager at Bethsoft.

edit: beaten.

Revenant

Ratsofatsorat said:

So it's safe to assume my eyes will melt out of my sockets like if i opened the ark of the covenant when i buy the PC version?

JoeBoy101 said:
Bullshit. Unless a red name confirms you're an employee or gstaff confirms this, that has to be PC. I just can't wrap my head around this being console.
Check his profile. He's Bethesda Softworks Community Manager.

My god.

hamchan

JoeBoy101 said:
His profile says he's Nick Breckon, Bethesda Community Manager, destroyer of awesome podcasts.

Red

Fuck me that looks incredible. Animation is a bit stiff, but that's such a vast improvement over Oblivion's people who seem to universally have joints made of tree bark. Skyrim really is an exciting game, and I can't see how the hype from that trailer is unjustified.

Bethesda, you are the man.
PatMcAtee said:
This game literally just put my expectations through the roof.

I hope it looks half that good on consoles.
trollface.jpg?

How the hell is that possible? No..I need to see it being played in real time with the 360 console in sight at all times. I won't believe it until then. That's ridiculous.

Lucius86

Banned
I still can't get over this is 360 footage.

I mean, can you imagine this on PC now if that is just console footage?

Few game trailers make me feel the way that did. I'm now more pumped for this that Mass Effect 3. I didn't think that was possible.

JoeBoy101

Ratsofatsorat said:

A) I stand corrected. Sorry about that.

B) I'm still thinking this is bullshit. This on the console?!?

C) What the goddamn hell are the developers doing over there? Are they hooked into some kind of hivemind to improve draw distance and performance? Electroshocks if there is bad object pop up?

Trickster

Ratsofatsorat said:

..Why would you use console footage to show of the game?

I mean it looks great and all, but there is a clear lack of AA and AF in the trailer.

day one

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
JoeBoy101 said:
C) What the goddamn hell are the developers doing over there? Are they hooked into some kind of hivemind to improve draw distance and performance?

matrixhumanfield.jpg

gstaff

JoeBoy101 said:

EDIT: Oh shit. I suddenly remembered that the Game Informer shots were pushing console.

My concerns on my framerate just evaporated.

Sir Breckon has spoken

Top Bottom