• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Plasmid

If you upgrade an item via smithing first, can you not enchant it? If you want both do you need to enchant, THEN upgrade it via smithing?

Also I have no idea how to refill charges on my enchanted weapons.

Go to the item and hit RB (360) it'll ask which gem you wanna use. badaboom.

Echoplx

Conjuration is so cool

ibmezoWSSGGSlt.jpg

i0aR7ZwiWOzFC.jpg

KingK

Playing on PS3, a little over 40 hours in, and damn I was getting some awful framerate drops quite frequently last night. Like, in single digits sometimes. I haven't had much of a problem with this until last night (it's happened occasionally before, and mostly in Whiterun). It's not to the point where it ruins the game for me yet, but I really hope Bethesda patches this soon.

Have they announced anything about this yet?

Plasmid

Where is a good place to sell expensive items and not get shitted on by vendor prices? I've got around 8-9k worth of gold stuff i wanna sell but everyone sells at like 1/4th of the value. :(

Lakitu

st5fu
I SMELL WEAKNESS!

Some dude lured us into his bandit trap at Nilheim, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to use Sanguine Rose. The Dremora tore that shit up.

Acidote

So, what would be the process of maximizing improvements on weapons and armor? I've seen people with better crystal broadswords than my legendary daedric.

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere.

I'm in Markarth and I was doing the quest where you
escape from the mine
. I got out and the quest finished but it didn't seem to clear and now I'm stuck in a loop of dialogue with the Guards. Anyway around this?

LuchaShaq

Banned
So has anyone actually got their smithing up high without grinding iron daggers? Seems like the only skill in the game that you can't really get up by just playing it.

I just used all the leather I'd get from killing animals and bought a lil extra from shops and made a ton of leather armor. I made iron stuff here and there when I found/stole ingots but not much.

Drazgul

So, what would be the process of maximizing improvements on weapons and armor? I've seen people with better crystal broadswords than my legendary daedric.

Get alchemy, enchanting and smithing to 100. Enchant a full set of alchemy gear => make fortify enchanting potions => make a better alchemy set => make better fortify enchanting potions => repeat until maxed out (4-5 sets I think?). Enchant a perfect set of smithing gear and brew perfect smithing potions, then improve the weapons and armor you want to use.

Boring? Sure is, but that's min-maxing for ya.

Thanks. Do you know what it is for the Black Star? That's actually what I had.

That'd be 63b29 - glad you made the right choice, after all. ;)

Luthos

I think I may go exchange my PS3 copy for the PC copy. It has to run better than the PS3 does. =\

Will the physical PC version activate in Steam? (what with achievements and all that?)

Also, if someone could by some chance "grade" how well my PC would run it, that'd be great. I have the ASUS G72 laptop. Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHZ P8700, 6GB of ram, and a GeForce GTX 260M.

Zeliard

I had some weird bug the first time I fought Morokei where he remained as an invincible blue ghost even after
I killed both of his guardians
. That was sort of unfortunate.

Something for people to know.

If you have a shit load of iron daggers and a shit load of soul gems, enchant them for good profit, you usually make your money back

And similar to Smithing you can enchant with the lowest of the low and get the same skill-ups.

So if you smith basic crap and enchant it with petty gems you'll level up both Smithing and Enchanting super-quickly. I try to stay away from that, personally.

Don't know why Bethesda didn't increase the smithing/enchanting requirements at certain levels. Doesn't even make sense from a character standpoint; you're a master Blacksmith from having built iron daggers and leather bracers? :p Elder Scrolls!

I think I may go exchange my PS3 copy for the PC copy. It has to run better than the PS3 does. =\

Will the physical PC version activate in Steam? (what with achievements and all that?)

Also, if someone could by some chance "grade" how well my PC would run it, that'd be great. I have the ASUS G72 laptop. Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHZ P8700, 6GB of ram, and a GeForce GTX 260M.

All PC versions are steam versions with achievements, I think your laptop should run it on high settings, but I'm not sure of the differences between a 260m and regular 260.

Dommel

I just wanted to get to Riften today to finally join the
Thieves Guild

Ofcourse I couldn't get there without distractions so now I have 38 open quests awaiting me :( Cleared out of few dungeons along the way as well.

I did finally make it to Riften just now after leaving Whiterun, oh, about SEVEN HOURS AGO!

This game, you guys! This game...

Acidote

Get alchemy, enchanting and smithing to 100. Enchant a full set of alchemy gear => make fortify enchanting potions => make a better alchemy set => make better fortify enchanting potions => repeat until maxed out (4-5 sets I think?). Enchant a perfect set of smithing gear and brew perfect smithing potions, then improve the weapons and armor you want to use.

Much appreciated.

charsace

Your lappy would have no problems running it. I'm running it on a ati 2600 mobility at 720p on medium with high textures with FXAA and the frame rate is between 20-40 depending on the situation.

Where can I get daedra hearts?

ShinNL

I'm reading this a lot but I'm really lacking in finding enchanted items. I disenchant every new type I find, but I definitely have nothing like smithing enchantment or alchemy enchantment. So I've only invested in smithing + some alchemy. Don't think I'm gonna bother with maxing alchemy since I rather spend my points in combat perks (got only 2/5 + 25%).

Dresden

I just wanted to get to Riften today to finally join the
Thieves Guild

Ofcourse I couldn't get there without distractions so now I have 38 open quests awaiting me :( Cleared out of few dungeons along the way as well.

I did finally make it to Riften just now after leaving Whiterun, oh, about SEVEN HOURS AGO!

This game, you guys! This game...

Best feeling in the world man. Just heading somewhere but dropping by a dozen places instead.

Btw, does anyone else really like the look of the steel plate armor?

ElyrionX

What should I be doing to help in fights against high level spell users? Armor does nothing and lesser spellward shatters and stuns with each hit. I am pretty high level (46) and made the mistake of focusing on light armor then switching to heavy armor (dragon armor is hideous) and split my level upgrades relatively evenly between health, magicka and stamina. Now every spell user is casting a high level lightning spell that kills me in 2 or 3 hits and also seems to sap stamina. I don't want to have to cheese each fight by using stealth and manipulating AI routines - battles change when I can get in close (dual wielding) and strafe my target (assuming it is 1 on 1) but getting there is a major issue. Despite my levels and the 70hrs spent in the game, I have done none of the Mage college quests. Is there some spells to learn that will buff my magic defence considerably?

Also - it is a bit bizarre that some enemies are able to kill you in 2 or 3 arrows or sword hits when you have a 550 armor rating and they are using an ebony sword/bow (with orcish arrows). I have a legendary ebony sword crafted with the 50% buff and 2x damage single handed modifier, yet even though they are wearing studded armor and I am using power strikes it takes over a dozen hits to kill them...

This is worrying. Sounds like Oblivion's level scaling all over again.

Drazgul

I'm reading this a lot but I'm really lacking in finding enchanted items. I disenchant every new type I find, but I definitely have nothing like smithing enchantment or alchemy enchantment. So I've only invested in smithing + some alchemy. Don't think I'm gonna bother with maxing alchemy since I rather spend my points in combat perks (got only 2/5 + 25%).

Yeah I've had to buy some enchanted items just to disenchant them; enchanted items in general are rare and the chances of you getting the good ones instead of the 30th Ancient Nord Axe of Frost are quite low.

edgefusion

I saw my brother playing the Xbox 360 version today. Boy do I ever feel ripped off paying the same price for the PS3 version. How did they cock it up so badly!?

Danielsan

Man do I love this game.
Level 34 now. Just got my fully upgraded Ebony gear.
Even though my Ebony helmet is better, I prefer to wear this one. It's just too cool. Loved the quest that gave it to me.

crR7L.jpg

Wordsgohere

Neo Member
Haven't tried reinstalling.

That lag/stuttering only occurs after a decent amount of time playing--but still.

Yeah, I've just gotten into the habit of restarting when it gets too hitchy. It'd probably be less of a hassle to reinstall, but I haven't bothered to try.

Forkball

You know, I have to give credit to Bethesda. They have given us an immersing, huge game with little to no bugs. Hats off to Bethesda, they have really improved fro-

62F46DBEE4231295EA2F06EEA4935D9310F07161

Wow
Krosis
was crazy, it took like 3 retries and I only won because he got stuck on a rock and couldn't advance. His mask looks awesome.

The Chef

Woohoo! Enchanted my first weapon - I never did this in Oblivion but this was just way too simple to pass up.

OK, so now I can use my new enchanted sword, I'm assuming, like 80 times or so. After that does the sword break completely or does it just lose its enchantment and I have to refill it?

FINALBOSS

Banned
Why do weapons get a little symbol in the upper left hand corner?

They have a poison on them.

Woohoo! Enchanted my first weapon - I never did this in Oblivion but this was just way too simple to pass up.

OK, so now I can use my new enchanted sword, I'm assuming, like 80 times or so. After that does the sword break completely or does it just lose its enchantment and I have to refill it?

Your weapon just runs out of charges...no biggie. Open your items menu, highlight the weapon, hit R2 (or whatever) and pick a soul gem and it'll recharge it.

eosos

Banned
What should I use conjuration with? Like right now I'm doing archery, one handed, block and heavy armor mainly. I'm also doing a bit of enchanting and smithing. Would conjuration be good or should I just stick with what I have?

Top Bottom