• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 releases in 2 days

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Same here, really hope if not in at launch it at least gets patched in later
Think I'll be holding off until it does :/

Sorry that just bizarre to me. Don't you want to know how runs first before you decide that? It might runs perfectly fine even with out Pro support.

t hicks

Banned
Sorry that just bizarre to me. Don't you want to know how runs first before you decide that? It might runs perfectly fine even with out Pro support.

im sure it'll run fine but im not really wanting to shell out full price for it if it doesn't have at least some pro support

Well this thread got me take TEW out of the backlog and install it. First thing I did was mod out those awful black bars. i only played chapter 1 so far so I don't know what to think. It seems like it could get pretty gorey, but maybe not scary? I'm gonna try my best to knock this out. To anyone who has played them, are the DLCs worth playing?

derFeef

Well this thread got me take TEW out of the backlog and install it. First thing I did was mod out those awful black bars. i only played chapter 1 so far so I don't know what to think. It seems like it could get pretty gorey, but maybe not scary? I'm gonna try my best to knock this out. To anyone who has played them, are the DLCs worth playing?

Mod out? It should be an option in the settings if the game is updated.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
is this a direct continuation of the first game or can you play EW2 as a standalone game?

It's a continuation (three years later since the first game) and does follow a few of the characters and elements from the first game, but they say it can stand on its own and for those who haven't played the first game there's catch-up within the game itself.

Been watching the streams and I'm getting nervous. So far the open world is pretty bland and the enemy a.i. seems really bad. The first game is one of my all-time favorites so I was gonna pick this up immediately but I think I'm gonna wait for reviews now.

If this turns out to be garbage, at least we'll still have Wolfenstein.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Been watching the streams and I'm getting nervous. So far the open world is pretty bland and the enemy a.i. seems really bad. The first game is one of my all-time favorites so I was gonna pick this up immediately but I think I'm gonna wait for reviews now.

If this turns out to be garbage, at least we'll still have Wolfenstein.

I've thought the opposite watching some stuff, there is a bit of jankiness but I love how side-quests are handled.

Given there will be a LOT of footage to sort through tomorrow since various people have been allowed to stream/upload the first 6 chapters of the game.

J 0 E

Back of the xbox game box

51irak2s9tqz.jpg

STEM engine?
is it a version of id Tech?

Orb

Glancing a bit at the Xbox One version, the game looks like its performance is a LOT better than the original, it's been pretty smooth from all I've seen. But on Xbox One there still is some half-second texture loading when switching scenes, but otherwise than that seems pretty improved so far.
Honestly the texture pop in at this point is kinda charming to me. It's reassuring.

These last 4 days are going so slow, I can barely handle it.

STEM engine?
is it a version of id Tech?

I hope this means they have plans for more after this if they've named a dedicated engine.

UrbanRats

DLC is great.
Mod out? It should be an option in the settings if the game is updated.
The widescreen mod lets you adjust the stupid FOV, and removes black bars further, for non 16:9 resolutions.

The ingame black bars option, still leaves tiny black barsm on my 16:10 screen.

I don't know if it's already been discussed here, but it looks like Bethesda did a little bit of backpedaling on their "no review codes before launch" stance. A select number of reviewers received it yesterday, and AFAIK they've got the embargo set for the 12th.

derFeef

The widescreen mod lets you adjust the stupid FOV, and removes black bars further, for non 16:9 resolutions.

The ingame black bars option, still leaves tiny black barsm on my 16:10 screen.

Ah I see, I did not know about the 16:9 limitation. I used flawless widescreen for a higher FOV as well - it made the game so much better for me.

I played the original game and don't remember the plot details too well despite enjoying the game itself, I also didn't complete the dlc. Should I go back and replay it or watch the DLCs on YouTube or something? How much do you guys think I'm missing if I go in without them?

LifeLike

I'm getting anxious about no confirmation for PS4 Pro support. Same thing for Wolfenstein. I'm starting to regret my 1 year old purchase. My PS4 Pro looks like a glorified Horizon Zero Dawn machine.

Gurish

I'm getting anxious about no confirmation for PS4 Pro support. Same thing for Wolfenstein. I'm starting to regret my 1 year old purchase. My PS4 Pro looks like a glorified Horizon Zero Dawn machine.

Obviously it's disappointing but Sony's exclusives are by far the most impressive on the system (and most of the time on the market in general) anyway so even if you will just use it to play the best versions of Horizon, GOW4, Spiderman, TLOU2, DS etc than I guess that's still money well spent :)

Drewfonse

Man TF2 and BF1 look spectacular on the Pro. I love my machine. And I bet Wolfie 2 and TEW2 will end up being supported.

Se_7_eN

I will be getting this later today. I really enjoyed the first one until it went a little over the top near the end.

Two purchases from Bethesda this month.

Thewonandonly

It's a continuation (three years later since the first game) and does follow a few of the characters and elements from the first game, but they say it can stand on its own and for those who haven't played the first game there's catch-up within the game itself.
Awsome!!!!!!

Looking for a good horror game and played a little of TeW but fell out. Want to support Bethesda this holiday season becuase I feel like they are making games right at least right now.

Se_7_eN

Why was I so certain that the game released today?

I woke up fully intending to buy it today, thinking it released on the 10th.

Between this and only having a 1080 display for the foreseeable future, its why i sold off my Pro here on GAF and got a slim instead. Also helps that the slim is wonderfully quiet too :)

kc44135

Between this and only having a 1080 display for the foreseeable future, its why i sold off my Pro here on GAF and got a slim instead. Also helps that the slim is wonderfully quiet too :)

That was a mistake. PRO has many benefits for a 1080p TV owner, and the noise level has nothing to with your model of PS4. I went from a ridiculously loud base model to a silent PRO. It's just a crapshoot if you want a quiet one, and it depends on what model of fan is in your PS4 (there are various fans used, and it's random if you get a good one or not).

I've been on media blackout for this but I watched a small amount of gameplay today and what I saw looks good. It has some serious Twin Peaks vibes but that's definitely not a complaint. I can't wait to finally play this on Friday!

kc44135

Do we know if any of the DLC is vital to the main story in the second game?

Of the first game, you mean? Well, supposedly you can just jump into this game without any knowledge of the first game at all, so Idk. If you've never played those DLC's though, I do think they're worth your time (even if they aren't on par with the main game), and are pretty much essential to fully understanding the story of TEW1. I'd recommend giving them a whirl. Also, you can pass on "The Executioner", as it has very little story significance, and is crap.

That was a mistake. PRO has many benefits for a 1080p TV owner, and the noise level has nothing to with your model of PS4. I went from a ridiculously loud base model to a silent PRO. It's just a crapshoot if you want a quiet one, and it depends on what model of fan is in your PS4 (there are various fans used, and it's random if you get a good one or not).

Lol, okay, thank you for informing me of my mistake (^___^)

Top Bottom