• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Famitsu Thread of 6th Feb 2009

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Growlanser PSP
- 14th May
- Port of the PS1 original
- with new paths in the game

Persona PSP
- 29th April
- Port of the PS1 original
- Revamped UI
- Anime cutscenes

Super Robot Wars K
- some new characters

Will update as more news appear.

Aeana

TOTALLY excited about Persona PSP after seeing the scan. The UI is totally redone, and it looks nice (from what little I can see). New animated movies is also a plus.

Yaweee

Hopefully the anime in Persona is just to replace the original's CG.

I've heard that Growlanser 1 was the best in the series. Is that the general consensus? I liked 2 but didn't much care for 3.

Aeana

grandjedi6 said:
Of course Persona PSP is never going to leave Japan so....

Maybe, maybe not. Devil Summoner didn't, but it also didn't have any new content. Persona PSP is: actually fullscreen (not running in a little window), has new animated cutscenes, and a redone UI. Seems like that should qualify for the 'new content' rule Sony is said to have.

Atlus USA, make it happen.

Joule

A retranslation for Persona 1 would be nice if it's localized though I would like them to keep stuff like Mark danced crazy or the vocal tracks like KICK IT.

B.K.

grandjedi6 said:
Sony doesn't let straight ports be localized.

These aren't straight ports though. They have new material. Supposedly, Sony has eased up on their requirements for PSP games. It all depends on whether Atlus wants to release them or not.

Aeana said:
Maybe, maybe not. Devil Summoner didn't, but it also didn't have any new content. Persona PSP is: actually fullscreen (not running in a little window), has new animated cutscenes, and a redone UI. Seems like that should qualify for the 'new content' rule Sony is said to have.

Not to mention that Devil Summoner and Princess Crown were just roms running through an emulator and they literally couldn't localize them.

hteng said:
wait what? super robot wars K ?! where did the Z sequel go ?

SRW K was announced a couple weeks ago, it's on the DS.

The Z "sequel" comes out pretty soon, it's a bonus omake disc with a few playable scenarios and the Black Overman from Gainer.

Error

If SO2 PSP was allowed, then I don't see why Persona PSP shouldn't come here. Unless Atlus USA doesn't want to bother with it, releasing this version will make up for that terrible localization of the original.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Growlanser and Persona? Hmmm, if we're lucky, we might even see one of them over here!

jarrod

Banned
Aeana said:

Atlus USA, make it happen.
Devil Summoner and Princess Crown didn't make it because both were actually Saturn ROMs running in a licensed emulator (SEGA's tweaked GiriGiri). I remember hearing Atlus submitted one of them though and got rejected hard.

These sound like ground up ports with additional content, so I'd imagine they're fair game. Plus look at the state of PSP software, it's not like SCEA can be picky anymore...

Defuser said:
FFT? SO2? Disgaea?

Atlus is throwing Anime cutscenes in it too.

Those aren't just ports, they all added in content. A port would be something like Tales of Eternia, Breath of Fire 3, or the Suikoden games which never came to the US.

Added cutscenes is probably enough to allow it to come though, Valkyrie Profile was brought here.

hteng

Banned
distantmantra said:
SRW K was announced a couple weeks ago, it's on the DS.

The Z "sequel" comes out pretty soon, it's a bonus omake disc with a few playable scenarios and the Black Overman from Gainer.

i thought the new Z game was just the same original game with some extra content, nothing about sequals. Is this like the case with OGG ?

B.K.

Aeana said:
Valkyrie Profile PSP made it, and it just has new animated scenes. Pretty good analog.

But it was a Square Enix game. There's no way Sony would have ever said no to Square Enix.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
大航海時代オンライン PS3 4月28日

Uncharted Waters Online 4/28
KOEI MMORPG.

Bebpo

Banned
Error said:
If SO2 PSP was allowed, then I don't see why Persona PSP shouldn't come here. Unless Atlus USA doesn't want to bother with it, releasing this version will make up for that terrible localization of the original.

SE doesn't play by the rules. Never have, never will.

Famitsu News + (Date) sounds good to me. And if there's anything inside noteworthy a mod can add it to the title later.

Also, SRWK and PersonaPSP - nice.

Error

Bebpo said:
SE doesn't play by the rules. Never have, never will.
SCEA let Atlus USA bring Reviera, too.

I don't think SCEA will reject anyone at this point, pretty sure Persona PSP can make it over... That is, if Atlus USA is interested.

Ah, the first Growlanser & Persona. Games I've wanted to play for a long time. Delicious.

Atlus USA is one of the very few North American subsidiaries you can really depend on currently, so I have faith they'll be good to us.

Aeana

Defuser said:
I miss the days JGAF used to post Famitsu threads exclusively.

I don't really think most people care anymore. Famitsu information used to be reliably posted by the same person every week, and fakes weren't something that had to be waded through to find legitimate news. I know I personally don't have the patience to do it these days.

Error

Defuser said:
I miss the days JGAF used to post Famitsu threads exclusively.
duckroll is the one that relays all that stuff I post, if that makes you feel better.

duckroll

It's either you get Famitsu threads this way, or you don't get any at all. There isn't enough news most weeks to really make a really nice and detailed thread. Error is doing you a favor here, so don't be a dick please.

Top Bottom