• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FBI’s New U.S. Terrorist Threat: ‘Black Identity Extremists’

This is full of shit. It was either the Dallas 5 or Louisiana vigilante, but in their video manifesto the group they were repping were The Sovereign Citizens, which isn't a Black group. Its an anti-government group which believes US law shouldn't apply to them. There's a lot of off the grid white militia types in the group as well.

Neece

Think I’ll link this thread next time the free speech/hate speech topic comes up. And why leaving what counts as a hate group up to the government of America is a scary proposition.

Think I’ll link this thread next time the free speech/hate speech topic comes up. And why leaving what counts as a hate group up to the government of America is a scary proposition.

I don't even know what your point would be given that this is happening even with ironclad first amendment protections. It's a separate issue entirely.

Lubricus

"Those who fail to learn from history". Sessions is really an old school racist.
I remember when "The Cosby Show" was the number one TV show and I was thinking things were changing. We had black neighbors, black schoolmates, and black doctors and nurses. We had diversity training at work.
What happened?

Apocryphon

I never want to hear a white person ever say they were oppressed ever again.

white *American* person surely

The vast majority of global oppression across the ages has been suffered by non-black people, many of them “white”.

One of the problems on both sides is the use of ‘black’ and ‘white’ as catch all labels. Nazi, white-supremacist, alt-right extremist etc are all appropriate labels, but the vast majority of white people in America are not represented by those groups so blanketly referring to “white people” just isn’t helpful.

The fact is, black people represent a very small portion of the population in the US. It’s around or just less than 13%. Black people are simply not represented equally in any industry or governmental body and it’s hard to see how that will ever change. It seems impossible for any meaningful change to be achieved by minority groups alone, particularly because openly condemning and trying to do something about racist attacks perpetrated by racist white people makes people from these minority groups a target.

Par Score

You're going to use the White Supremacy inherent in US Politics as an argument in favour of allowing White Supremacists to spread their hateful ideology?

Okay...

televator

“Shall we investigate this group?”
*identifying blackness*
“Yep they’re black”
“Public enemy number 1 status confirmed. Investigate, criminalize, infiltrate, disrupt, etc.”

The FBI showing how it’s an institution for upholding and defending white supremacy.

Kaiterra

Banned
The FBI's job is not to stamp groups out of existence, it is to prevent them from engaging in crimes.

Granted, there is much potential for abuse here, and caution is warranted, but the false notions that the FBI doesn't track white supremacists is not a good rationale for concern.

Historically this has not stopped them from trying to do just that.

Top Bottom