• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FFXV Gif Extravaganza Thread

Tyaren

Final Fantasy XV features some of the most amazing action and animations that we've seen in video gaming yet.
This manifests in just floppily jogging along a road, battling a gigantic creature or swirling and zapping with ease across a hectic battlefield.
Let's celebrate this insane attention to detail in the game with a dedicated FFXV gif thread. :)
To start this thread off, lemme post some of SunhiLegends coolest gifs:

ZKWHvVH.gif

Gmi6k8X.gif

jhcaeVZ.gif

ymVMlP8.gif

Here also two great ones by benzy:

htmwwp.gif

efhmry.gif

If you participate in this thread please don't post too many gifs in one post. (Not like I did in the opening post. ;)) We don't want to crash people's tablets and phones.

Neiteio

Awesome thread. The gifs are gorgeous!

More favorites, courtesy of SunhiLegend:

oV4GV7F.gif

8e37uIC.gif

P7Ozm6a.gif

iV7LPzj.gif

ER5pjxL.gif

RSDTrrI.gif

And I can't remember who did this gif, but man, the monster design in this game:

seODVTX.gif

Ummm how did he capture the third one? And I didn't know you can attack while riding Chicobo :0
I believe that's an attack the chocobo can do automatically once it reaches lv. 10.

Courtesy of Piggychan:

5ybCDLf.gif

MilkBeard

It will, come the PC version :D

Those from the OP are the best footage I've seen from the game and I've finished it lol. Wouldn't dare to say there's no edit in there...

Pretty sure Sunhi's playing on a Pro.

Some of the monster designs and animations are amazing, I just wish that design was consistent. Cor's model looks weird compared to the main group for example, as well as his limited animations.

Ferr986

Holy fuck I missed the Noct vs Aranea gif . It's amazing! The work and care on animations in this game is something else...

And count me in with the group that didn't know about the riding chocobo attack lol

Neiteio

Yeah, I remember him saying he captured on a vanilla PS4

I played the first few chapters on a vanilla PS4, then upgraded to a Pro to play the rest. FFXV honestly looks great on both.

Such a great game. Loving every moment. My GOTY. <3

Neiteio

Benzy posted this beauty, showcasing the top-notch lighting:

(Whoops, never mind, he just ninja'd me!)

I love how every dungeon is not only brilliantly designed, but feels like a real place within the game world

Neiteio

^^^ Straight-up one of my favorite sights. Whenever Ignis says, "A Magitek Engine — it's close," I stop whatever I'm doing and seek it out. I love fighting those guys.

Neiteio

At least Noctis got back at her. ;)

giphy.gif
This was especially brutal in one of my fights (I say "one of" since I keep replaying this battle!), because when I slammed her face I did so on a railing (I was up on the catwalks, which btw she can also destroy!)

Ferr986

This looks amazing! O:
I have to admitt some of the lighting in this game remains top notch...
Something's off in some of the interiors now though. Cindy's garage or Takka's Diner being two examples.

At least Noctis got back at her. ;)

giphy.gif

This fight is brutal. Either she stomps your face with her feet or you do it with your hand lol

It's also probably the best fight in the game.

Yeah, this is how combat can be once you become quite good at it.

Breaks my heart when people say the combat is shit. It really isn't. Not as technically sound as platinum, but fun as hell.

Pantz

If anyone was taking requests I wish to see a gif of Noctis slaughtering the flock of cute Chickatrices'.

Top Bottom