• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FFXV Gif Extravaganza Thread

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My favorite, which can be used as a reaction gif:

9cKhp2O

Edit: Blah, not working. Gif is appropriate for how I feel about this. Here's the link: http://imgur.com/a/rHCJX

I have a PS4 and it doesn't look this good for me

Does turning the HUD off improve visual quality or something?

Motion blur can go a long way when it doesn't have to be realtime. Also, scaling down the footage to this size does wonders for the perceived IQ. On top of that, with these gifs you have the advantage of editing to choose the best clips with respect to proper camera control and cinematography, which you won't really experience much just playing the game normally.

How come my game never looks as good as Sunhi? The IQ and lightning just looks different. There's probably some sort of motion smoothing too.

Crayon

Game has excellent graphics and animation. I'm playing on regular ps4 and it looks awesome but the framerate can hardly keep up. 900p is a little soft looking, but not bad.

How come my game never looks as good as Sunhi? The IQ and lightning just looks different. There's probably some sort of motion smoothing too.

I don't think any of it looks better in the gifs. Gifs are small and blurry. In a gif, you will see the same 1-3 seconds looped over and over and the details will sink in better. That might be causing the impression that the game looks better in the gif.

Damn, some of these gifs show what the game would play like in 60fps. I originally planned to play it in 4K/30fps mode when that patch comes out, but I think I'll go 1080p/60fps. :D

Dave_6

The animations and lighting are incredible. I'm only about an hour in so far but I hope to be able to really get into it soon.

Damn, some of these gifs show what the game would play like in 60fps. I originally planned to play it in 4K/30fps mode when that patch comes out, but I think I'll go 1080p/60fps. :D

I wouldn't get your hopes up, it's probably going to be unlocked and not true 60fps (see Rise of the Tomb Raider). Come on PC release!

Minamu

I can only see a quarter of the posted gifs at work, but I'm already feeling like I'm missing out by having the camera set to "far" :/ The game looks so cool with the camera up close.

Has anyone tweeted these to SE or Tabata? I bet this would make him happy. :p

Something about Sunhilegends colors in their gifs really make the game come to life. Would it be possible for such a different color grading to be added to the game as an option?

Tyaren

Let's not forget benzy's great work, guys.

Some random gifs I found on Tumblr. Yeah...I sometimes comb through there... ;)

tumblr_oiht0aESLB1sd29ego1_500.gif

tumblr_oiqrqrMI7r1tuz95vo2_540.gif

tumblr_oiqrqrMI7r1tuz95vo3_540.gif

tumblr_oiqrqrMI7r1tuz95vo1_540.gif

tumblr_oiqhec0VHE1rv5qouo1_1280.gif

Top Bottom