• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FFXV Gif Extravaganza Thread

odin9450

KItZpf5.gif

This game needed an interactive bestiary so bad. The designs are so damn good but you just about have to bring up the item menu which pauses the game to check them out and getting a right angle of them.

khaaan

Everything in this thread looks so much better than what I've been playing :(

I imagine part of the reason is because I've set the camera to be as far back as possible. Battles felt way too hectic with the default settings. Great looking gifs though.

suhni's gif could sell this game. but now i see this isnt real representation of how good the game looks i guess! :(

Though i did hear it looks quite amazing in HDR. god bless these gifs. so good

StarVigil

I think Sunhi is from an alternate universe or something. Probably has gifs of Silent Hills and Chapter 3 of MGSV on his hard drive.

Tyaren

I think Sunhi is from an alternate universe or something. Probably has gifs of Silent Hills and Chapter 3 of MGSV on his hard drive.

don't make this complicated.

he's just from the future. Those gifs are from the PC build.

I really don't know what you guys (and so many others) are talking about. The game is beautiful, especially in HQ mode on Pro. It's imo easily the best looking open world game on console.

LordKasual

Banned
This game has produced some of the most beautiful scenery i've seen on console.

This game also has the most amazing animations ive seen in a videogame. Crazy amounts of detail were included, especially on the enemies.

The PC version of this game is going to be a monster.

People shit on Luminous Engine but no other game is really producing scenery and lighting like this on console.

Sunhi is adding a few post effects to his gifs, but it's being captured from a PS4, even if it doesn't look THAT good out the box. But you're still looking at the same game.

Jesus...the muscle jiggle...

Why don't more games do this? It makes the entire creature look soft and organic. The technique can't be that hard, they do it for ass and tits all the time.

Made a few gifs this week. Man this game is gorgeous. Also, the armiger accelerator accessory is so broken. Armiger is so OP heh.

edit: better compression

TastyShowyCuscus.gif

DeepIncomparableAustraliancurlew.gif

PointlessSplendidHypacrosaurus.gif

reKon

Banned
when I set the camera to close, often times it ends up getting screwed up. Maybe it's all the warping and such that causes this? What are Sunni's camera settings? Is it just set to close or something? I'm going to assume that he was only saving the gifs where the camera behaved perfectly.

Now that I've beaten the game, I think I need to actually go and get all the the combat moves because there were definitely some I missed out. I also need to play with no HUD on.

Crayon

Agreed.

I'm assuming Compression meets Noise makes this look like fantastic CGI. That or the Pro really does work miracles.

suhni's gif could sell this game. but now i see this isnt real representation of how good the game looks i guess! :(

Though i did hear it looks quite amazing in HDR. god bless these gifs. so good

How do you make it look this good?

No, guys. No no no.

I really don't know what you guys (and so many others) are talking about. The game is beautiful, especially in HQ mode on Pro. It's imo easily the best looking open world game on console.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'm playing on ps4 regs and the graphics and animation are insane. The gifs do not look better. It's just easier to appreciate the detail thanks to the looping.

KeRaSh

Holy shit! That reminds me... I got the message at the beginning of the game that Carbuncle (or at least the name) was imported from the demo but I never actually saw it in the game. What did I miss? Was this just recently added with the seasonal update? If so then that's pretty stupid.

I also realized that I never saw any Cactuars... :(

Tyaren

Holy shit! That reminds me... I got the message at the beginning of the game that Carbuncle (or at least the name) was imported from the demo but I never actually saw it in the game. What did I miss? Was this just recently added with the seasonal update? If so then that's pretty stupid.

I also realized that I never saw any Cactuars... :(

Carbuncle is only with you in easy mode. When you die instead of the game over screen it appears and fully heals you with Ruby Light.

You have to be lucky to see Cactuars. They are really rare and they are fast. In my two playthroughs I encountered them maybe about 3 times. As far as I know there are hunts later in the game where you are sure to encounter one. Even a giant one,

KeRaSh

Carbuncle is only with you in easy mode. When you die instead of the game over screen it appears and fully heals you with Ruby Light.

You have to be lucky to see Cactuars. They are really rare and they are fast. In my two playthroughs I encountered them maybe about 3 times. As far as I know there are hunts later in the game where you are sure to encounter one. Even a giant one,

Oh! I only played on normal and I wasn't lucky enough to encounter a Cactuar. Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom