• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Finals open beta Oct 26

ThisIsMyDog

cross-platform
mouse vs gamepads like in BF2042?

200w.gif

Roxkis_ii

I played the last beta on steam and they didn't have everything mapped for controller play at the time. Hopefully with it being on consoles now the controller support will be a lot better.

Had a fun few matches tho.
Ran pretty good on my potato laptop.

Mortisfacio

Closed beta was pretty decent to be fair. Not amazing but different enough to be worth a shot.

How's the announcing? Gameplay and destruction physics look cool, but the commentating seems like it would quickly become obnoxious. Unless the commentating is trailer only and not as prominent.

Last edited:

M.W.

Game ran like shit on PC earlier this year. Also controller support was god awful. Here's hoping it actually feels good to play!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeh this is more of a modernised arena shooter if anything.

If people want a battlefield sytle game then these are the ones to look at:

The only thing Hell Let Loose and Battlefield have in common is having large maps, other than that they are nothing alike

Total side note and yeah its a BR but I got into alpha of a game called Mini Royale and so far its quite entertaining though only played a few maps

GHG

The only thing Hell Let Loose and Battlefield have in common is having large maps, other than that they are nothing alike

Total side note and yeah its a BR but I got into alpha of a game called Mini Royale and so far its quite entertaining though only played a few maps

The game modes in HLL are very much battlefield. Gameplay wise it shares far more similarities with classic battlefield than it does modern battlefield.

So I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Puscifer

Man, if I'm forced to play against m/k players, it goes straight to the trash. This trend is becoming particularly annoying.
I get killed by controller players with cross platform play turned on, it's okay to admit you just suck.

Played the first beta on PC, they do an amazing job with the trailers but the real game isn’t as fun or interesting as what they show in the trailers.

Idk maybe they made a lot of changes this round.

Yonyx

Yeh this is more of a modernised arena shooter if anything.

If people want a battlefield sytle game then these are the ones to look at:

This Isonzo game looks amazing! Too bad so few people are playing it on Steam right now, but it has good ratings.

Reactions: GHG

EDMIX

it could have been a real battlefield competitor but the maps are just too small and arena-like

Ok sure but...it was never made to be Battlefield, that is a narrative many of you forced and are still trying to argue despite nothing even remotely being like Battlefield in regards to this games design.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Ok sure but...it was never made to be Battlefield, that is a narrative many of you forced and are still trying to argue despite nothing even remotely being like Battlefield in regards to this games design.
I mean shit we already have Battlebit if you're looking for a Battlefield replacement

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Can anyone tell me why this might succeed when it looks like it appeals to the Lawbreakers crowd?

Fast, twitchy movement in smallish environments makes it feel DOA to me.

hlm666

Can anyone confirm if the movement is server side? When I played the last beta movement always felt a little off, after some quick searches I found some people saying it was because everything was server side. Will check out the open beta and see if it feels any better anyway.

Xtib81

I get killed by controller players with cross platform play turned on, it's okay to admit you just suck.

??
I'm not mad at all to be killed by someone with the same tools as me. Anybody denying the advantages given by m/k is delusional.

Top Bottom