• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Finals open beta Oct 26

Piggoro

When I'm trying to play a multiplayer shooter on the controller and and the sprint cancels aim down sight I physically just can't do it. That's why I dropped Destiny 2 after my first Crucible match. It's straight up unplayable to me.

Luipadre

Controls feels great to me after adjusting deadzone and using linear curve. Game looks and runs great on PS5, pretty fun tbh

Sadly, it didn't take long for some to use the rocket launcher or the flamethrower exclusively..
Rocket launcher aint shit, its the shield hoes getting me when Im out of grenades. I fear seeing the flame thrower...

Finally got a chance to jump in though, they really got the performance under control this time! I can play in fullscreen and its not stutter city!

[Sigma]

Wasn't able to play too much yesterday but still having a lot of fun. The balance of the classes seems a little sus to me though. One thing that is gone permanently is the equipment wheel. That's easily the worst for controllers alongside equipment cycling. Switching button mapped equipping and directional equipping.

The destruction in this game is the kind that makes me wish Battlefield would have evolved into. Like 95% of my games have been Quick Cash. Going to start venturing more into the other ones.

Piggoro

What game does sprint not cancel ads?
As far as I remember, CoD and Battlefield don't. Or maybe they do it somehow different. The Finals and Destiny are absolutely infuriating to me. When I'm in a firefight, shooting at someone with ads, my fingers get super tense and I unwillingly press L3 and cancel aiming/shooting. It drives me up the wall.

5MslpIK.gif

mrMUR_96

Seems quite fun so far, not sure how I feel about the TTK but it should at least encourage team play. I also think maybe a slightly higher player count could work, does feel quite empty sometimes. Hopefully it launches well and is supported with new content regularly. Definitely worth a try, feels fresh at least.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Can anyone tell me why this might succeed when it looks like it appeals to the Lawbreakers crowd?

Fast, twitchy movement in smallish environments makes it feel DOA to me.
This game would have been huge in 2005.

Good luck in 2023 though.

This guy is an idiot.

I spent all day playing yesterday. I wanted to hate it bad, but mother of God it's great. The game does an awesome job of feeding you really intense + unique moments. Tons of "What should I/we do spots." It also does a great job of allowing you to play the playstyle you want. I'm this big, hulking flamethrower dude that's powerful in close quarters. My teammate plays a little Spiderman type character that's flying around the map. The asymmetry feels awesome.

Easily my GotY for 2023.

0neAnd0nly

I like this game.

Seems to run well, fun. Controls definitely take a little adjusting or getting use to… TTK is insanely large, flamethrower dudes are annoying.

But still, pretty fun and tactical. So many different ways to attack and scale.

Matchmaking is hella fast.

Liking it so far!

[Sigma]

So i've dropped aim assist. I feel like it needs some adjustments. It's working against me at times in this game.

Moochi

PC player here. I've played about 8 hours. Realized very quickly that Heavy is the class to play if you want kills galore. The sledgehammer in particular with the charge rush and the rpg make the class way overpowered for people with low skill level (me). I've been getting 20 kills per match, easy. Kills aren't everything, but when you can post up on an objective and block all the doors with barriers and then just crush entire light/medium teams solo, maybe it's broken.

I played a few games and it felt like an out of body experience where I was watching a compilation of the world's worst The Finals players. Was getting demolished repeatedly by others.

Thedtrain

Controls feels great to me after adjusting deadzone and using linear curve. Game looks and runs great on PS5, pretty fun tbh
Can you share your settings? Been messing around with it, definitely better than default but not quite right yet

neoism

shame i wanted to play this but the controls are dog shit...
not letting me customize controls on a fps is a NO for me
I cant fucking stand using the triggers as aim and shoot and ever since steam change the ui i cant get controller layout to change anything...
R1>>>R2 for shooting... also L3 for sprint makes me want to kill a baby seal it blows my mind why this isnt R3 on default in every game... becasue it not being held in a forward position its soo much easier to use R3 which isnt the case with L3.... Some Cod fuckface thought it was genius to map it to L3 lol
smfh.....

mrMUR_96

PC player here. I've played about 8 hours. Realized very quickly that Heavy is the class to play if you want kills galore. The sledgehammer in particular with the charge rush and the rpg make the class way overpowered for people with low skill level (me). I've been getting 20 kills per match, easy. Kills aren't everything, but when you can post up on an objective and block all the doors with barriers and then just crush entire light/medium teams solo, maybe it's broken.
Yeah I've been getting destroyed by heavy's, the sledgehammer seems to have very high range. Tried to jump backwards and out of the way but it still kills me. Maybe needs a slight rebalance.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
This came across my YouTube feed the other day, and holy shit does it look good.

I’m probably too old to really play it though. The reflexes aren’t what they used to be, but damn do I want to lol

mrMUR_96

This came across my YouTube feed the other day, and holy shit does it look good.

I’m probably too old to really play it though. The reflexes aren’t what they used to be, but damn do I want to lol
Tbh it's not a twitch shooter or anything, so it's more reliant on working with your team and being creative with positioning etc rather than reaction time. It's free anyways, worth a try.

Moochi

I'm 40 and I have Vestibular Migraines and parkinsonian tremor but I can still top the leader boards.

Twinblade

shame i wanted to play this but the controls are dog shit...
not letting me customize controls on a fps is a NO for me
I cant fucking stand using the triggers as aim and shoot and ever since steam change the ui i cant get controller layout to change anything...
R1>>>R2 for shooting... also L3 for sprint makes me want to kill a baby seal it blows my mind why this isnt R3 on default in every game... becasue it not being held in a forward position its soo much easier to use R3 which isnt the case with L3.... Some Cod fuckface thought it was genius to map it to L3 lol
smfh.....
No issues here.

Luipadre

Tried the game on PC after i played the PS5 version. Holy hell it looks so good on PC didnt know it has RTGI and runs so smoothly. Also i owned with controller, felt like the aim assist is actually working in the PC version which is funny. The model 1887 weapon was satisfying af to use

So according to Reddit which got it's information from the official Discord server, they are opening up servers in Australia and South America today for testing. Good that they are listening but now it's up to players from those regions to get in and show them there is demand from our regions!

[Sigma]

It's over
:messenger_loudly_crying:

Had too much fun, flaws and all. Maybe some of it is because i've been dealing with so many uninteresting/not so fun shooters for many years now still trying to fill that Battlefield 4 void. Oh well, unfortunately there will not be another multiplayer shooter for me to dig into til either this releases or Helldivers 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom