• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Took the words right out of my mouth. His character serves the exact same function as before but instead of coming up with some ridiculous scientific method of tracking a villain, he can just "vibe" it now. I don't really mind it too much if they use it sparingly. It sorta ices Caitlin out since she usually helped with the science mumbo jumbo of finding the villain too.

I would be 100% okay with Cisco no longer being a metahuman after the Flashpoint stuff is done. Maybe the tradeoff is that Caitlin ends up becoming the meta.

After Willa Holland talking about how the film side of DC forced Suicide Squad out of Arrow, i'm suddenly worried that they might use this apparent Flashpoint storyline to force Barry Allen out of Flash...

I mean you could argue that the show needs Barry Allen, but they have Wally there and DC isn't well known for making sound decisions lately are they...

Shit, I hope you're not right about this. As long as Flash keeps getting the ratings and keeps getting positive reviews, though, I don't think DC will fuck with the show. It would be too much bad press.

strafer

After Willa Holland talking about how the film side of DC forced Suicide Squad out of Arrow, i'm suddenly worried that they might use this apparent Flashpoint storyline to force Barry Allen out of Flash...

I mean you could argue that the show needs Barry Allen, but they have Wally there and DC isn't well known for making sound decisions lately are they...

No they wont do that. Come on.

Joni

Johns is no longer involved, but he remains a huge fan of the show. He'd probably throw three-four different Flash versions at you.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We've been thinking about this all wrong:

Supergirl isn't joining the CWverse. The Flash will join the CBSverse, where he'll be renamed the Streak.

ZeroX03

Banned
Cisco isn't losing powers, he's on his way to being a superhero. That was the goal for him.

Don't be stupid, that isn't going to happen.

We've known about the Suicide Squad stuff for ages.
And the Wally they've got isn't The Flash version.

Ezra Miller has said in an interview that he could race Gustin, so he may know that he will race him sometime. If that's true, then Gustin stays. Also, Barry Allen is the protagonist, Suicide Squad was there for only a couple of episodes (or for one? I don't remember). Wally can replace him, but I don't see it happening soon. It's 2016 and the Flash movie will be out in two years.

strafer

Ezra Miller has said in an interview that he could race Gustin, so he may know that he will race him sometime. If that's true, then Gustin stays. Also, Barry Allen is the protagonist, Suicide Squad was there for only a couple of episodes (or for one? I don't remember). Wally can replace him, but I don't see it happening soon. It's 2016 and the Flash movie will be out in two years.

That would piss people off so much. But I would totally be in for that.

Volimar

How about a multiverse speedforce montage shot with Ezra Miller as Barry in one of those little bubbles. Make it clear once and for all that DCTV and DC films are separate.

morningbus

Next time Barry travels across the multiverse, I better see:

1) More 90's Flash
2) Swamp Thing
3) Batman 1966
4) Wonder Woman 1974
5) Wonder Woman 2011

No, him being in the TV universe.

Miller could appear in an episode and be back in DCEU at the end of the episode. Also, movies are viewed worldwide, the show does not (unless you count piracy, but I don't think Flash is that well-known, not like Game of Thrones for example). So, even if some of the viewers are pissed, then the movie's ticket sales are not going to drop significally.

ZeroX03

Banned

Ezra Miller is constantly stoned out of his mind. Don't take anything he says seriously.

Miller isn't crossing over with Gustin, the movie is years away and still director-less, they'll be kept separate and both allowed to have a Barry Allen. Gustin's in for seven.

Besides, even if they were to kill Barry, we've learned before that's probably a good thing.

Joni

Miller could appear in an episode and be back in DCEU at the end of the episode. Also, movies are viewed worldwide, the show does not (unless you count piracy, but I don't think Flash is that well-known, not like Game of Thrones for example). So, even if some of the viewers are pissed, then the movie's ticket sales are not going to drop significally.

The CW can make profit on low-rated shows because they have good international and online sales. And the television viewers that will be pissed, are exactly the type of people that would watch a Flash movie. They wouldn't be pissing off the biggest group of viewers, but the loudest.

KillySG10

Neo Member
Shit, I hope you're not right about this. As long as Flash keeps getting the ratings and keeps getting positive reviews, though, I don't think DC will fuck with the show. It would be too much bad press.
No they wont do that. Come on.
Don't be stupid, that isn't going to happen.

We've known about the Suicide Squad stuff for ages.
And the Wally they've got isn't The Flash version.
The thing is, it doesn't seem like it was only the Suicide Squad this affected.

For starters, there are rumours Roy Harper is going to be in SS, now, Ayer joined the film as director in 2014, so we can assume that's when the script started to get a more fleshed out vision for the film, conveniently Roy is then written out of Arrow in S3, around 2014-2015.
Now you have rumours Black Canary is going to be in Justice League, guess who conveniently got killed off this season in Arrow?

Now yes, i get this has all been kept to Arrow so far, they may be less willing to cause problems for their more successful TV series, and yes, i'm just speculating, but with JL coming up, With Barry in it, and his own film not far down the line, one has to wonder if they're going to start interfering now.

To be honest, i guess i'm just annoyed with the SS thing being brought up again, i mean, last i remember, someone from the DCEU was saying they wouldn't affect the TV or vice versa because they're separate universes, then you find out the DCEU is in fact forcing things out of the TV verse, if i remember correctly they said Deathstroke is now off limits too, or Slade Wilson to be specific.

ZeroX03

Banned

For starters, there are rumours Roy Harper is going to be in SS, now, Ayer joined the film as director in 2014, so we can assume that's when the script started to get a more fleshed out vision for the film, conveniently Roy is then written out of Arrow in S3, around 2014-2015.
Now you have rumours Black Canary is going to be in Justice League, guess who conveniently got killed off this season in Arrow?

Now yes, i get this has all been kept to Arrow so far, they may be less willing to cause problems for their more successful TV series, and yes, i'm just speculating, but with JL coming up, With Barry in it, and his own film not far down the line, one has to wonder if they're going to start interfering now.

To be honest, i guess i'm just annoyed with the SS thing being brought up again, i mean, last i remember, someone from the DCEU was saying they wouldn't affect the TV or vice versa because they're separate universes, then you find out the DCEU is in fact forcing things out of the TV verse, if i remember correctly they said Deathstroke is now off limits too, or Slade Wilson to be specific.

Roy leaving had nothing to do with any embargo (he also came back and will likely come back again). Colton had a two year contract by choice. He was very public about why he left the show, it was affecting his health.

"Slade" and "Deadshot" may be off limits, but those rules are pretty fast and loose considering we've since had Deathstrokes and Floyd Lawton.

You're massively stretching. They aren't killing off the face of their most successful show.

Dispatch

Roy leaving had nothing to do with any embargo (he also came back and will likely come back again). Colton had a two year contract by choice. He was very public about why he left the show, it was affecting his health.

Wow, I didn't know that was the case. If so, it's best that he left.

Joni

for the moment it looks like Ted kord, Deadshot, deathstroke, boomerang, the suicide Squad itself are the victims. Roy was the choice of Colton. Black Canary would be very funny if it was DC.

ZeroX03

Banned
for the moment it looks like Ted kord, Deadshot, deathstroke, boomerang, the suicide Squad itself are the victims. Roy was the choice of Colton. Black Canary would be very funny if it was DC.

Add Harley to the list - they were silly trying for her anyway - but I don't think Boomerang was ever confirmed to be part of the embargo, people just assume.

morningbus

I almost believe the rumor that Black Canary is going to be in that Harley Quinn spinoff movie.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Do you have a link handy for this? Really really dumb if true. Although, they sabotaged the character on Arrow anyway :(

Joni

Add Harley to the list - they were silly trying for her anyway - but I don't think Boomerang was ever confirmed to be part of the embargo, people just assume.
Harley was stupid to try, Ted Kord was worse as they had been preparing for him. It was clear they could, until they could not. As for boomerang, they didn't even mention him when they went back to the island and can't say that Tarabay is a busy actor. It could be a coincidence but if they manage to bring back Vinnie Jones Tarabay would be easy and fun.

ZeroX03

Banned
Do you have a link handy for this? Really really dumb if true. Although, they sabotaged the character on Arrow anyway :(

http://screencrush.com/arrow-deathstroke-off-the-table-dc/

Harley was stupid to try, Ted Kord was worse as they had been preparing for him. It was clear they could, until they could not. As for boomerang, they didn't even mention him when they went back to the island and can't say that Tarabay is a busy actor. It could be a coincidence but if they manage to bring back Vinnie Jones Tarabay would be easy and fun.

I'm not too fussed about Ted Kord. Ray Palmer was a fine replacement. Arrow has a thing where they like to set up characters before have 100% go ahead. Not the case or their fault for Deadshot, but I guess it worked for Ra's so they tried for Ted and Harley.

Everyome thought Waller and Katana were embargo'd, but nobody has said anything and they came back. I wouldn't read much into them not mentioning Boomerang by name, that was season three and there's been references to embargo'd characters since. All the villains who returned in S4 had a natural reason with the prison break. I'm not saying Boomerang is not under embargo, just that you can't say definitively that he is.

Joni

They mentioned Ted already in the first season, so it was more before Ra's. Felicity even worked for him for a while. It would just have been a better buildup than Ray.

ZeroX03

Banned
They mentioned Ted already in the first season, so it was more before Ra's. Felicity even worked for him for a while. It would just have been a better buildup than Ray.

Nanda Parbat was actually mentioned before Ted, that was their first seed for Ra's.

It would've been a better build up, but he was only ever mentioned once and had a few Easter Eggs. Ra's and the League had their fingerprints all over S2. Ray is fine.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ted Kord is off limits? Lol Okay, DC. I'll look forward to that live action Blue Beetle movie in 2066.

I have to imagine Ra's was okay because we probably won't see another film version for awhile since the Nolan films already did that. Arrowverse Bane would be cool. But S2 of Arrow kinda already touched on that with the Mira-whatever soldiers.

We'll have probably already moved on from a lot of these characters by the time the Flash film comes around.

KillySG10

Neo Member
I didn't know about Colton Haynes, so that one can be put to rest, but i totally forgot about Waller, and Katana i thought kinda fit into the whole SS part.

I mean, in both cases, yes they came back, but one came back to die, the other seemed to be just to explain what she's doing since the whole Ra's Al Ghul, and both felt similar to what happened to the SS, they were either killed off or disappeared with minor explanation, so it could easily have been that they got told to write them out this season.

Either way it really is all just speculation, and i think i'm just being too pessimistic, i really do hope its not a sign that DC are messing with their TV verse too much, and that they don't start messing with Flash, it may not be perfect, but i love the show.

Joni

Ted Kord is off limits? Lol Okay, DC. I'll look forward to that live action Blue Beetle movie in 2066.
He is luckily coming sooner, it is already planned for 2020 or such.

Arrow needs to work though Green Arrow own rogue gallery before they can complain about what they can't use imo.
They did. They have done Brick, China, Clock King, Constantine Drakon, Vertigo, Cupid, DeathStroke, Komodo, Merlyn. It leaves Everyman but he was on The Flash and Onomatopoeia, who they have replaced with Mr. Blank. They have literally done every Green Arrow villain big enough to deserve a spot on his Wikipedia list.

I didn't know about Colton Haynes, so that one can be put to rest, but i totally forgot about Waller, and Katana i thought kinda fit into the whole SS part.
Waller was explicitly said to not be DC mandated.

Joni

Booster Gold movie is being written, there's more than a good chance we'll see Blue beetle in it.

It is actually a Booster Gold and Blue Beetle movie, it is a "a superhero buddy cop movie." Alan Tudyk has volunteered himself to play Ted Kord against a Nathan Fillion Booster Gold.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
grEXCNE.gif

barry too slow

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Guggenheim confirmed on his tumblr that they chose to kill Waller off and it wasn't DC interference.

Also Arnie Hammer is the only Booster Gold candidate needed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
grEXCNE.gif

barry too slow

Iris too hot.

Looking back, they did a decent job with her character this season. Dude from the office is probably checking his phone for a text that never come, but otherwise they finally incorporated her into plots without it feeling contrived.

shoreu

He is luckily coming sooner, it is already planned for 2020 or such.

They did. They have done Brick, China, Clock King, Constantine Drakon, Vertigo, Cupid, DeathStroke, Komodo, Merlyn. It leaves Everyman but he was on The Flash and Onomatopoeia, who they have replaced with Mr. Blank. They have literally done every Green Arrow villain big enough to deserve a spot on his Wikipedia list.

Waller was explicitly said to not be DC mandated.

They still have Richard dragon and lady shiva

Hell they could use midnighter

ZeroX03

Banned
Let's not ship actors IRL, that's some Supernatural tier fandom.

As far as Arrow villains go, hopefully this plot they're starting in Rebirth could lead to something nice for the show.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Guggenheim confirmed on his tumblr that they chose to kill Waller off and it wasn't DC interference.

She was also back in the finale for people who questioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom