• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Pretty good episode. Not exactly sure why it's a two parter, seems a little artificially pumped up in that regard but this one had some fun moments. Julian was spitting some A+ game there at the end. It'll be the death of him, but I'm sure it's worth it.

jb1234

It doesn't really seem like there was enough plot here to make a two-parter, given that vast chunks of this episode was spent with the characters in jail, not doing much (or saying much) of note. And I've never found Grodd to be a particularly interesting villain so my attention wasn't exactly held throughout this hour. The fight scene was kinda cool but it's clear that the episode's entire budget was spent there because the rest of it looked quite cheap.

I did like the Harry/HR scene, though. Made me miss the former even more. Not thrilled with the further development of the Julian/Caitlin, Wally/Jesse pairings, if only because I don't want this show to get swallowed up by the CW drama (like with Supergirl).

ZeroX03

Banned
Am I missing something here? HR's real face..?

HR is supposed to be using a device that means anyone other than Team Flash should see a fake face when they look at him. Covered in an earlier episode when someone freaked at seeing Harrison Wells. Harry would stay discrete, HR likes to go around talking to people and opening museums so it helps that people don't think he's evil Wells.

Am I missing something here? HR's real face..?

He has a device that makes people see him with his business partner's face (since Harrison Wells is a confessed murderer on Earth 1.) Team Flash are attuned to see through it, but the public sees the false face.

I'm going to chalk this one up to the device only being used when he ventures outside of STAR Labs. The thing's got to recharge sometime.

Luigi87

HR is supposed to be using a device that means anyone other than Team Flash should see a fake face when they look at him. Covered in an earlier episode when someone freaked at seeing Harrison Wells. Harry would stay discrete, HR likes to go around talking to people and opening museums so it helps that people don't think he's evil Wells.

This made me laugh more than it should have.

ZeroX03

Banned
Next Episode Promo
AV Club: (B+) The Flash production team has pulled off some impressive eye candy on its CW scratch over the first two and a half seasons, but are they really up to the task of pulling off a full-scale city of apes?
The answer, as you know by now, is ”not really," but I'm glad they went for it anyway.

Zen Aku

Huh. I guess I completely missed that. Thanks for filling me in. That make sense, people would go ape-shit if they see that their tour guide is criminal Harrison Wells. I'm also guessing Cisco made it.

ZeroX03

Banned
gorillaphasewjpvx.gif

Barry trying to use one of Reverse Flash's play, but you know you're actually supposed to phase through their chest and kill 'em Barry. Weak.

Huh. I guess I completely missed that. Thanks for filling me in. That make sense, people would go ape-shit if they see that their tour guide is criminal Harrison Wells. I'm also guessing Cisco made it.

No, it's technology from HR's Earth.

This episode the day after that horrendous Supergirl episode is almost shameful.
Flash might not be S1 levels but they are still trying to do fun stuff you won't see elsewhere(besides comics).

Meanwhile Supergirl is content being weaker than Smallville and Lois and Clark.

So prediction time:

Barry is going to fail in his attempt to save Iris from Savitar. Instead of preventing her death, he's going to race Black Flash for her life. He'll bring her back, but in the process, he'll disappear.

Cicso vibes that Barry is alive somewhere in the multiverse, and takes off to find him. Wally takes up the mantle of Flash in his absence.

sirap

So prediction time:

Barry is going to fail in his attempt to save Iris from Savitar. Instead of preventing her death, he's going to race Black Flash for her life. He'll bring her back, but in the process, he'll disappear.

Why would he race Black Flash for Iris's life? In the comics he's only responsible for speedsters.

EDIT: Unless she got a little Don/Dawn growing inside her.

Why would he race Black Flash for Iris's life? In the comics he's only responsible for speedsters.

EDIT: Unless she got a little Don/Dawn growing inside her.

Something, something "Got the stink of the Speed Force on her - Black Flash can't tell the difference"

Barry's speed swimmers.

NeonBlack

Is there a reason Cisco couldn't just send all the apes to like Lava World? You can't really see whats on the other side of the portal until its to late.

WedgeX

Banned
gorillaphasewjpvx.gif

Barry trying to use one of Reverse Flash's play, but you know you're actually supposed to phase through their chest and kill 'em Barry. Weak.

No, it's technology from HR's Earth.

Did Grodd ever mention if Solovar is dead?

If not, he's totes going to save the day.

Xenoboy

Nice CGI, I really like this episode. The dialogue was pretty fun, Julian is on point as always and HR too. The Wellst pairing I don't really care about, probably the weakest part.
It did give us the moment where HR says to himself "He's going to be pissed", which I lol'd at.

Pics_nao

Watched it a few hours ago.

So now Barry can get tranquilized not once but twice? And the fact that he didn't bother removing the dart or speeding up his metabolize? Seriously? Plot induced stupidity is at it's worst in Flash.

So if Gorilla City on Earth 2 is a refuge for other gorilla's who were experimented on, what kind of monster scientists live on Earth 2? There were literally thousands of angry, intelligent, bipedal gorillas there! Shouldn't they be invading the human cities there?

or are they just normal gorillas under the control of Grodd and Solovar?

Cafeman

In the comics, the race of intelligent gorillas got their intelligence from a meteorite.(actually, I think it was an alien who crashed nearby, originally. They retconned it). Only Grodd and Solivar got the mental ablilities and super strength.

So I'm assuming on Earth-2 this is what happened, but Grodd was introduced into the mix by being banished from Earth-1 by Flash.

Solivar is a good-guy in the comics, Grodd is villainous.

Top Bottom