• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Rymuth

Welp, cant say I'm broken up since Iris was mostly a plot-device than an actual person this season.

Still expect a switcheroo but I'm not gonna be shedding tears if it sticks.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I think the whole time travel aspect of the show falls apart badly when Barry doesn't get his way in the end, how could he possibly fail to get Iris away from Earth 2 in time? He could have just run back to just before Harry spilled the beans and moved her then...etc etc, his options were literally endless.

It works fine in Legends because they always kind of win (personally if not in a broader sense) so they just keep rolling with whatever they fuck up in the timeline right up to the crazy point they've gotten to now.

nOoblet16

Yea there's definitely a face swap, no other reason for it to be shown in this episode otherwise considering it didn't do shit and he had to punch them anyway.

If Argus has tech to dampen meta powers, why not put Iris down there for safety?
That would make too much sense you see.

caliph95

To be fair they did plan to place Iris on Earth 2 though i get the point it's still dumb for HR and anyone to tell Barry anything since it would mean Savitar would know

Aiii

So not worth it
If Argus has tech to dampen meta powers, why not put Iris down there for safety?

Why not have HR get in a car with her and drive the a hick town, rent a room and chill for a bit without anyone knowing where.

Done.

Hell, take her to any one of the multiverses and hang out in a basement there somewhere.

jobrro

Why not have HR get in a car with her and drive the a hick town, rent a room and chill for a bit without anyone knowing where.

Done.

Hell, take her to any one of the multiverses and hang out in a basement there somewhere.

If they had told Earth 2 Wells to take her somewhere unknown to Earth 1 folk they likely would have been fine.

A lot of ifs. The hugest plot hole is HR told an Earth 1 Barry, remnant or not, where she was. If there isn't more to that it's pretty wtf especially after they focused attention on the face/body masker when seemingly ignoring it since the beginning of the season.

I will just wait until next week's episode which hopefully has explainations for this stuff until getting worked up about this episode. It actually mostly made sense (outside of recruiting for a crossover which Arrowverse doesn't really do for finales) except the HR slip and Iris giving her ring to her dad.

Bluth54

Done.

Honestly they probably should of just had Argus take Iris to one of their safe houses half way around the world and not even told Barry that Argus was taking Iris so he would have no idea who had her or where she was.

strafer

Wow, they actually went there.

Joe is going to break my heart next episode. He will be broken as fuck.

I'm really curious as how to stop Savitar now.

Please dont fuck this up.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I would love if they just let Iris stay dead .. no need to pull any speed force shenanigans..

gives them the perfect excuse to bring back the GOAT love interest.

b3llm.png

Blader

I really enjoyed Grant's evil performance in this episode, especially when he confronts Joe and Iris on Earth-2.

Lyla is such a ridiculous character, nothing she says or does ever makes any sense. "I won't give you this alien tech because I can't trust you... but after breaking into my facility and impersonating me, you've won me over. Also, I didn't care about Iris dying before but, 12 hours later, I now do."

Grym

I'm agreeing with those that see zero reason to use the face-swap tech in this episode other than as a prelude/clue to what happens later. But when did the switch take place? Had to be right in the final scene when Savitar was running around being shot at? Anytime earlier just doesn't make sense to me.

While watching earlier in the episode when HR was beating himself up over messing up and being a 'nobody' on Team Flash, I said to my wife, "well there ya go, now it is an HR redemption story; he is going to be the one to die somehow to save Iris. And that's how we get a different Wells again next season"

strafer

I'm agree with those that see zero reason to use the face-swap tech in this episode other than as a prelude/clue to what happens later. But when did the switch take place? Had to be right in the final scene when Savitar was running around being shot at? Anytime earlier just doesn't make sense to me.

While watching earlier in the episode when HR was beating himself up over messing up and being a 'nobody' on Team Flash, I said to my wife, "well there ya go, now it is an HR redemption story; he is going to be the one to die somehow to save Iris. And that's how we get a different Wells again next season"

I dont really care how they do it, I just want more Wells and Tom.

He's an absolute riot.

sirap

Maybe HR used the splintered piece of Savitar to find their hidden hideout and swapped places with Iris. Not saying it makes any sense but we've long since abandoned reason in this show.

LakeEarth

Supergirl is kind of going through an alien invasion right now

Time travel when he gets there? They should've sent Iris to the Supergirl Universe, travelled back in time to a slow week, built a "power dampening" Argus building there, put her inside the ultra-locked saferoom with King Shark in it, and ... err... scratch that last one.

LakeEarth

This is always the problems with cross-over shows and movies. The question of "why didn't they just call X" comes up. It's especially prevalent here because he literally does call up Captain Cold for the (pointless) heist.

netguy503

This is always the problems with cross-over shows and movies. The question of "why didn't they just call X" comes up. It's especially prevalent here because he literally does call up Captain Cold for the (pointless) heist.

And the Felicity tie in. They covered every show BUT Supergirl.

rackham

Banned
Savitars reasoning is so weak.

If it was someone we didn't know, I might believe their insanity but this is Barry Allen. I don't believe he'd kill iris just to get back at his past self and keep himself alive

Dryk

I wish Alchemy was the final boss and not Julian... really I just want a big bad who isn't a speedster and/or an evil member of the main cast for once

netguy503

Why would they include Supergirl? It's a stretch to say they even included Legends, Snart isn't a regular on that show anymore.

Because the complaint was that they want to tie all these shows together but don't use characters that could help the others out in a situation. My comment was a reply to that they referenced Legends and adding in that they referenced the Arrow universe as well- they referenced every show except Supergirl, which again who I was replying to, has a character who can transform their look and probably body to withstand injury. Why did they reference all the casts in this shared universe in this episode and not the Supergirl cast? Who knows.

I am a newcomer to this thread please don't attack me for trying to add to a ongoing discussion. Stuff like that may cause other new members to not want to share thoughts/ideas in this thread.

caliph95

Savitars reasoning is so weak.

If it was someone we didn't know, I might believe their insanity but this is Barry Allen. I don't believe he'd kill iris just to get back at his past self and keep himself alive
Remember the rules don't apply to him except when the rules apply to him

ZeroX03

Banned
Because the complaint was that they want to tie all these shows together but don't use characters that could help the others out in a situation. My comment was a reply to that they referenced Legends and adding in that they referenced the Arrow universe as well- they referenced every show except Supergirl, which again who I was replying to, has a character who can transform their look and probably body to withstand injury. Why did they reference all the casts in this shared universe in this episodes and not the Supergirl cast? Who knows.

I am a newcomer to this thread please don't attack me for trying to add to a ongoing discussion. Stuff like that may cause other new members to not want to share thoughts/ideas in this thread.

The reason Supergirl wasn't included is that it's much harder to do. It's not natural in the same way as a Felicity text. Even with the time traveling and Earth-2 shenanigans, they have to go even further to include Supergirl because she's on an Earth even less associated with the show and the Flash has only interacted with her three times. Supergirl even got a shoutout when Cisco was universe hopping earlier this year so it's not like they're purposely shunning the show. You know full well why Martian Manhunter isn't going to come over to this show, and it's not because he's currently incapacitated. They've been putting a good amount of effort into connecting the shows (Barry's future warning came from Legends!), but Supergirl doesn't have that natural link.

Also if you think that's attacking you, well geez, you'd be shocked by actual aggression. This is regular old discourse.

Top Bottom