• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash TV Show Costume Revealed (Picked up for series by CW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talyn

Bleh. Am I the only one that remembers the Flash TV show from the 90s? They had a better looking costume than that!

Flash.jpg

Tabby

Don't like the boots.
Don't like the logo.
Don't like how it's not even red.
Why is his chest leather but his arms aren't?
Why is there a lack of white?
Why is there black on his trousers?

I don't know. I don't like it.

Sort of reminds of the Amazing Spider-Man costume. I like it.

And we have to accept that nearly all the running shots will be CGI, they can clean up any loose/strange looking parts of the costume.

anaron

the costume could still change from the pilot to the second episode. Not that it has to, I think it looks pretty great. My bigger concern is how it will translate to film/the motion effect.

Damn this kid does need to do some pushups or something. 90s Flash definitely filled out the costume better, and Barry/Wally never looked Spider-Man thin in the comics.

But what we got is a bit more comic-booky, which isn't bad. I just hope he translates well on camera and not just promo photos.

Thats like the most comic-booky version possible. If you told me it was drawn by an Alex Ross-knock off artist I would believe you. What we've seen is more like the 'realistic' adaption of the Captain America's suit we see in the Marvel movies.

MisterHero

Damn this kid does need to do some pushups or something. 90s Flash definitely filled out the costume better, and Barry/Wally never looked Spider-Man thin in the comics.

showcase4vtrnz.jpg

It makes sense that he's skinny. Being a speedster gives his metabolism a giant boost.

Voror

Something's off about it to me and I confess I miss the yellow boots. Still, could be worse I suppose. Really, I need to see it in motion and I'm still curious to see how they'll convey superspeed and such in the show.

jett

D-Member
I was honestly expecting something closer to this:

But what we got is a bit more comic-booky, which isn't bad. I just hope he translates well on camera and not just promo photos.

Something like that would've been bold and interesting. I'd say the Flash costume is just uninspired. It's very CW. I'm actually watching Arrow right now, due to the hype in this forum. So far it's like a third-rate Batman Begins. :lol But oddly enjoyable. But still, unmistakeably a CW show. Everyone in this thing distractingly looks like they just stepped off a runway show.

I like it!

This... well honestly like Arrows are the way to adapt DC costumes to live action.

They show their roots but don't end up looking like spandex.

G-Fex

I was honestly expecting something closer to this:

That looks awful. Stahp

The actual costume looks great.

Looks better than anything Singer has done

ReiGun

I wonder, should they decide to combine the Arrow and MoS universes, if Barry (and perhaps Ollie) will get a new look for the JLA movie or just stick with the show uniform.

Looks better than anything Singer has done
I get the vibe Singer was going for, but it just didn't work for X-Men.

First Class costumes through his run though? Keep the team/school motif while acknowledging just how "colorful" comics could get.

But he wanted it to be "serious". Which it could still be featuring tiger-stripe Wolverine... but harder to sell. I think the First Class costumes are the happy medium for the X-Men series.

On this though I completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom