• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Football (Soccer) Thread - Season 04/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid

LA LIGA TODAY!!!

Mallorca-Real Madrid first then Racing Santander-Barcelona! :D

Too bad Ronaldinho is injured :(

Fowler

There is absolutely no way in hell Rooney is moving to Newcastle. They need to stop deluding themselves. The only time Rooney even considered it was when Newcastle's bid was the only one, and the choice was "Everton or Newcastle". The instant Man U came in, Newcastle's hopes were over. As for where he'll fit, Man U aren't really thinking about that right now -- they just want to make sure they lock up Rooney for themselves. That's why they didn't want to sign him yet, and why they only went after him when Newcastle's bid reached an advanced stage.

And Liverpool are losing 1-0 now to Bolton. You know, I'm confident the Rafa Era will bear fruit (and I quite like the look of Xabi Alonso so far, good passer and understanding with Gerrard already), but damnit, our squad is way too thin and we need more players ASAP. We need one or two more central defenders, we need an attacking midfielder (unless Luis Garcia turns out to be God, or something), and we really need another striker as cover up front. Come on Rafa, we've got 40 hours or so until the transfer window closes...

Shinobi

Rooney said he wanted to go to a club that's in contention for European hardware every year, which pretty much cuts Newcastle out of the equation. Cuts Arsenal out too since they're not spending big money till their new digs are done (not that they need him at this stage). And even Chelsea has a budget to maintain. So it's Man United or nothing at this point.

Gibbo

Robson_LG.jpg

"Whats up with that!?"

Thanks for the memories old man :(

Edit: Sir Bobby Robson

it was coming, hell they already said at the start of the season he wasn't getting a new contract. I wonder if he'll retire now

manutd 0 - 0 everton

Grr NOT GOOD ENOUGH, like on saturday we had most of the chances but couldn't do anything with it. We need a winger and we need Ruud back

Fowler

Shinobi said:
Rooney said he wanted to go to a club that's in contention for European hardware every year, which pretty much cuts Newcastle out of the equation. Cuts Arsenal out too since they're not spending big money till their new digs are done (not that they need him at this stage). And even Chelsea has a budget to maintain. So it's Man United or nothing at this point.

Chelsea aren't in it because they don't care about the money. They know they can wait for Rooney to become the finished article and offer United six billion dollars for him. United, on the other hand, want to lock him down now. In the theoretical fantasy world where Newcastle buys Rooney and United waits to buy him in a few years when he's matured (and presumably a better player), they're going to be paying a lot more than they are now. And Alex Ferguson is great with grooming young players, so it's a great fit all around to get him now.

Arsenal know it's not really worth it for them to spend 20-odd million quid on a player they don't really need. They're not chasing the leaders, United are.

And Newcastle... just what the hell is wrong with Freddy Shepherd? Does he have any clue whatsoever? First he sells Woodgate -- fine, it's Real Madrid, you can't stop a player going there and they offered decent money -- but fails to have ANY replacement for his lone quality central defender. Then he throws money at a striker when the club already has four solid strikers. And now he sacks a manager HE undermined by making him a lame duck earlier in the season. Does he have a replacement in mind? Somehow, I doubt it.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Oh oh ManU, 4 games in, 7 points down on the leaders already? Now admittedly, Arsenal haven't played a team of Chelsea's quality yet, but their other fixtures (strangely enough) have been against the exact same teams as United's.

I wouldn't worry yet though. While it's true that Arsenal have Vieira and Campbell to return, and they're big names, I think the players United have returning/turning up will make a much bigger difference comparatively. Ferdinand and Heinze is basically a whole new central defence, Van Nistelrooy up front and looks like Rooney too. Keane too I suppose, as he's injured. He did play in some of these games, but out of position and he won't have to on his return.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Liverpool haven't brought another striker in. There are forms of cover available, but you have to take players from other parts of the team to do that. Unless they are extremely lucky with injuries and suspensions (hell, form too), I can see youth team guys having to come in, players playing out of position...as if you needed any more problems.

As for my team, Blackburn, we haven't exactly had the best of starts. But two of our games have been against against ManU and Arsenal, getting a point out of those two games is probably the best we could have realistically expected. Plus we only lost to Southampton because of a ridiculous penalty they were awarded. I hear we held up well, in the first half at least, against both United and Arsenal.

So I'm not too concerned. We have Newcastle next, which'll be interesting given all the shit that's gone down there lately. It's a pity really that the international fixtures mean Newcastle have time to steady themselves and bring someone else in before we play them, though sometimes teams pull together and play better when they lose a manager, so who knows?

Shinobi

I saw some guy wearing red and white do things with the ball for 20 seconds that I've never seen before, then scoring. Made it look easy too. Who the hell was that player? And is there a vid of it somewhere? Cause it might have bumped Maradona's schooling of England in Mexico as the best goal I've ever seen.

Solid

I am so glad United ain't winning. This will be all about Chelsea and Arsenal :D

SPORT-16s88mopur4_368.jpg
SPORT-16s88mour7_368.jpg

SPORT-16s88mour5_368.jpg
SPORT-16s88mour8_368.jpg

He's so cool. I can't wait for Champions League to begin. I hope Chelsea stays in the tournament for a long time, maybe even win it ;)

Volt

I'm in Belgium and I'm a huge supporter of RSC Anderlecht, the reigning champions (27 titles under the belt already), so if anyone's interested in the Belgian players or league, I'd be happy to help.

I expect RSCA to win the championship again this year, which won't be that easy with strong contenders FC Brugge and KRC Genk also competing. Also, I hope they play some decent matches in the Champion's League this season. They qualified by beating the Portuguese numero two Benfica with a 4-1 aggregate score, so they shouldn't be underestimated. We had a pretty tough draw for the CL though, as we ended up in group G with Valencia (champion in Spain), Werder Bremen (champion in Germany) and Inter Milan (top 3 Italian team). Chances of qualifying for the second round seem low, but we've surprised many a strong team before, so I'm not giving up hope just yet :)

Star players on our side are Aruna Dindane (fast and creative Ivorian striker), Christian Wilhelmsson (agile Swedish wing midfielder), Walter Baseggio (Belgian central midfielder and playmaker), Nenad Jestrovic (Serbian striker with killer instinct) and Vincent Kompany (18 year old Belgian revelation in defense). When we play at home (near Brussels), we're a very hard side to beat, and I'm looking forward to the coming CL !

Shinobi

Deepthroat said:
I am so glad United ain't winning. This will be all about Chelsea and Arsenal :D

Yep, fuck Man U...not shedding any tears for them. They'll get on a roll eventually though.

Shinobi said:
I saw some guy wearing red and white do things with the ball for 20 seconds that I've never seen before, then scoring. Made it look easy too. Who the hell was that player? And is there a vid of it somewhere? Cause it might have bumped Maradona's schooling of England in Mexico as the best goal I've ever seen.

It was Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Ajax.

Anyway it appears we have gotten Rooney, I think we payed to much though, but i guess it was now or never. I'm pretty sure the club wud have prefered to wait until next summer but with newcastler putting in a bid it had to be done now, a bit like Ronaldo last summer.

Anyway we aren't off to the greatest of starts, we are missing rio, ruud, brown, keane and heinze atm. Once everyones back things will improve, we've started worse before and won the league. Of course back then we didn't have to cope with an Arsenal team that is one of the best teams in the world atm. Chelsea are scraping out results but I don't think they have been that impressive so far

Kola

Volt said:
I'm in Belgium and I'm a huge supporter of RSC Anderlecht, the reigning champions (27 titles under the belt already), so if anyone's interested in the Belgian players or league, I'd be happy to help.

I expect RSCA to win the championship again this year, which won't be that easy with strong contenders FC Brugge and KRC Genk also competing. Also, I hope they play some decent matches in the Champion's League this season. They qualified by beating the Portuguese numero two Benfica with a 4-1 aggregate score, so they shouldn't be underestimated. We had a pretty tough draw for the CL though, as we ended up in group G with Valencia (champion in Spain), Werder Bremen (champion in Germany) and Inter Milan (top 3 Italian team). Chances of qualifying for the second round seem low, but we've surprised many a strong team before, so I'm not giving up hope just yet :)

Star players on our side are Aruna Dindane (fast and creative Ivorian striker), Christian Wilhelmsson (agile Swedish wing midfielder), Walter Baseggio (Belgian central midfielder and playmaker), Nenad Jestrovic (Serbian striker with killer instinct) and Vincent Kompany (18 year old Belgian revelation in defense). When we play at home (near Brussels), we're a very hard side to beat, and I'm looking forward to the coming CL !

I'm a Werder Bremen supporter and I bet it will be a tough time for both our clubs. Anderlecht seems to be quite strong at home as I've heard? Well, I hope at least one of our puny clubs advances into the next round.

I'd love to see the match in Milano live at San Siro, but why do I have to be bankrupt right now?
sansiro6.jpg

Some days ago someone with the same writing style wrote nearly the same content of this post of yours in the official Werder Bremen message board. Coincedence? =)

BTW: I hope you remember the 1993 Cl match between our clubs? 5:3 (0:3). harhar
SCNR :)

Mama Smurf

Everton supporters are right little bitches. They want to keep Rooney? Why? So a team can be built around him? Where exactly is the money going to come from to build a team around him?

I think it's a great deal for everyone involved. Everton can buy a great stiker for 10 million, maybe even less, and still have loads to spend on other players. ManU get one of the best young players around, the absolute star of Euro 2004 until he was injured, and a player to fill in that Sheringham/Cantona roll that they're missing. As for Rooney, he gets to play with top players which will improve his game and allow him to play the way he does for England rather than the way he's had to for Everton.

The only problem is if he cracks under the pressure. But he didn't for England, so I don't see why he would.

Mama Smurf

Why Arsene wanted another midfielder is beyond me. Far be it for me to judge the guy's deals, most have been excellent, but if there's one part of the pitch Arsenal don't need to improve in, it's midfield.

I'd have gone for central defensive cover myself, if anyone decent was available anyway.

Mama Smurf said:
Why Arsene wanted another midfielder is beyond me. Far be it for me to judge the guy's deals, most have been excellent, but if there's one part of the pitch Arsenal don't need to improve in, it's midfield.

I'd have gone for central defensive cover myself, if anyone decent was available anyway.

I agree, particularly with the way Fabregas has been playing, and with Edu back from Brasil, and when they play Reyes on the left and Bergkamp up front. And also because Cygan is a donkey.

I think Wenger, more than ever, is developing two squads...one for the CL and one for the league. Obviously many from the former will play in the latter, particularly against Chelsea and ManUre, but for the Boltons, Blackburns and Evertons, Pires, Vieira and Ljungberg will rest sometimes in favor of Fabregas, Pennant et al. Not that this is an original tactic, but we've never quite had the depth in years past as now.

But I agree defenders are a must. Hell I hope Almunia presses Lehman; his arrogant positioning frightens me.

Volt

Kola said:
I'm a Werder Bremen supporter and I bet it will be a tough time for both our clubs. Anderlecht seems to be quite strong at home as I've heard? Well, I hope at least one of our puny clubs advances into the next round.

I actually like Werder Bremen as a team, they have some pretty impressive players and I'm sure we'll have a hard time against you guys. At home we're pretty strong, in the last couple of seasons we've beaten teams like ManU, AS Roma, PSV, Celtic and Benfica here, so that has to count for something already :) I'm not to optimistic about our chances this year, but you never know against Inter and Valencia, they're kinda unpredictable.

Some days ago someone with the same writing style wrote nearly the same content of this post of yours in the official Werder Bremen message board. Coincedence? =)

BTW: I hope you remember the 1993 Cl match between our clubs? 5:3 (0:3). harhar
SCNR :)

That wasn't me, so it must be a coincidence. I did check out the website and the forum, to check on the current squad. What's the typical deployment of WB right now ? Do Klasnic and Listzes play often ?

And boy do I REMEMBER that 5-3 match.. it still haunts the heart of every single RSCA supporter, and a lot of us are already wishing for sweet revenge :) One of the players who was in that blasted match is actually back at Anderlecht : the Swede Pär Zetterberg, who's really hoping he'll get a chance to set this right for the Belgian champ.

About watching CL matches : I was actually planning on getting a mini-season ticket (one ticket for all three CL matches played at Home in the first group stage), but the prices have gone through the roof. They're charging 185-200€ for one of these tickets !! I'm just a poor student, I can't afford stuff like that.. :( TV it is then .. :)

Mama Smurf

Here's how the Rooney deal breaks down (as I understand it):

- £10m up front

- £10m next August

- £1m if United win the Champions League

- £500,000 if United are runners-up in the Champions League

- £500,000 if United win the Premiership

- £250,000 if United finish second in the Premiership

- £150,000 if United win the FA Cup

- £500,000 if Rooney earns 20 England caps in competitive games while a United player

- £500,000 if Rooney plays a further 20 times for England in competitive games while a United player

- £23m guaranteed if Rooney remains a Man utd player until 30 June 2007

- 25% sell on clause for Everton. However, that does not mean that if Man Utd sell Rooney Everton get 25% of it, it means that if Utd sell Rooney for more than the total they've paid Everton for him at that stage, Everton get 25% of the profit.

Now when you look at it, there's no guarantee that Man U will get into the Champion's League final anytime soon, let alone win it, and 40 caps for England could take a long, long time. I don't expect Everton to ever get their full fee, though Man U fans should hope they do as it would mean a lot of success for the club.

DCharlie

Banned
The worrying thing for United is that they are playing fairly well but not winning.

They should have beaten Blackburn handsomely.

Against Everton, they played lots of nice moves, but almost all infront of a back line that sat and let them play nice little patterns. This is eerily familiar to what started before the Liverpool decline when teams finally sussed out that as long as their long distance shooters are playing shitty (Scholes looks like ASS these days) then they can let them have the ball all day. And the VERY VERY VERY VERY overated Saha is playing like ass.

(side note : i have no issue with Man U or Ferguson because of this but the refs. If you put up 3 minutes of extra time, then allow a manager to berate you into changing that to 4 minutes, then you should be shot. Even worse, in the Everton game Ferguson was CONSULTED as to whether 2 minutes of extra time was enough at the end of the first half. This HAS to stop.)

Ps. lots of talk about TERRY VENABLES going to Newcastle , with Shearer taking over the year after - which is an utter farce. He's FUCKING HOPELESS! And i think Shearer is pulling all the strings. He's starting to strike me as a big cry baby.

ElyrionX

I'm a huge Man U fan and its very depressing to watch them play these days. The utter lack of creativity is going to kill us. At this point of time, I believe Ronaldo just might be our saviour (like Cantona in those days), young though he may be.

On the other hand, when I look at Arsenal play. GODDAMN. They are GOOD. Pires and Ljungberg running riot down the flanks. Henry creating chances out of nowhere now and then. It is just so entertaining to watch them play. Henry is god......

Wow, two teams I despise, ManYoo and Juve.

I'm convinced Everton are going down now along with Palace and Norwich (I think WBA may do a Bradford). The deal didn't happen soon enough for them to sign anyone before the deadline, so they maintain their threadbare roster of first division (sorry, Coca-Cola Championship) players. It's not that I think had Rooney stayed they stay up; I just thought that perhaps Moyes (whom I like a great deal) would have had a little money to spend on their obvious holes.

DCharlie said:
(side note : i have no issue with Man U or Ferguson because of this but the refs. If you put up 3 minutes of extra time, then allow a manager to berate you into changing that to 4 minutes, then you should be shot. Even worse, in the Everton game Ferguson was CONSULTED as to whether 2 minutes of extra time was enough at the end of the first half. This HAS to stop.)

what has to stop is these bullshit rumours

CelticFC#1

Free Scotland in 2008
Volt, good luck in the Champions League this season. The two games last season were quality,(well maybe not so the one in Belgium :D ) and I've taken a liking to Anderlecht since then.

Great result against Benfica, with the classy Aruna Dindane on the score sheet as usual. :)
I kinda laughed when the English press were linkiing him with West Brom, he's class and is too good for Premiership relegation candidates.

You've got a tough group but you could do it. Inter, I feel will be inconsistent as usual and Werder Bremen are a quality team but are maybe a little inexperienced at Champions League level.

Anyway, good luck for the season ahead. :)

Kola

Volt said:
I actually like Werder Bremen as a team, they have some pretty impressive players and I'm sure we'll have a hard time against you guys. At home we're pretty strong, in the last couple of seasons we've beaten teams like ManU, AS Roma, PSV, Celtic and Benfica here, so that has to count for something already :) I'm not to optimistic about our chances this year, but you never know against Inter and Valencia, they're kinda unpredictable.

Yep, that's the problem. Inter used to be much stronger in the past, but still they are one of the best Italian teams and it's quite hard to score a goal against them. I do consider Valencia to be the toughest team in our group since the Spanish league is imo still the best league in Europe. Every four Spanish teams in this CL season were set as group leader and Valencia just won their national league...

That wasn't me, so it must be a coincidence. I did check out the website and the forum, to check on the current squad. What's the typical deployment of WB right now ? Do Klasnic and Listzes play often ?

Lisztes still suffers from a serious injury, but Klasnic seems to be the our best scorer since Ailton left for Schalke 04. He's one hell of a talented guy and only 23 or 24 years old. I bet he'll be playing together with Klose up front, although Charisteas and Valdez might get a chance, because we'll have to play A LOT of games the next months. And that's what worries me most. Contrary to teams like Juve, Manu, Real or Anderlecht we only play CL once every decade :) , we might be talented, but are totally inexperienced.

The upcoming games:

14.09 September
Inter - Werder

Bayer Leverkusen - Werder
Leverkusen has a stunning team right now, even though Lucio left for Bayern. They just won 4:1 vs Bayern and Bayern never stood a chance.

Vfl Bochum - Werder

Werder - FC Valencia

Werder - FC Bayern

Although we signed contracts with young and talented players our roster still lacks some players who are up to this challenge. What about Anderlecht? Do they have enough players in the background who might step in front and take responsibility?

And boy do I REMEMBER that 5-3 match.. it still haunts the heart of every single RSCA supporter, and a lot of us are already wishing for sweet revenge :) One of the players who was in that blasted match is actually back at Anderlecht : the Swede Pär Zetterberg, who's really hoping he'll get a chance to set this right for the Belgian champ.

Yeah, of course I remember Mr. "Blonde" Zetterberg. He performed quite good in the first half, but then... :) Now he's warned and I think he'll help your team a lot, as he must be quite experienced on the international level by now.

About watching CL matches : I was actually planning on getting a mini-season ticket (one ticket for all three CL matches played at Home in the first group stage), but the prices have gone through the roof. They're charging 185-200€ for one of these tickets !! I'm just a poor student, I can't afford stuff like that.. :( TV it is then .. :)

Same problem here. Although even if I could afford the money I'd have no chance of getting my hands on one. But I've heard just now that you always have a chance of getting a ticket for San Siro...hmm... :)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Newcastle Utd fan. The shit is really going down for us.. next season is going to be a nightmare I can envision.

Kola

Can't we make this one sticky? I mean, there's even something sticky called "College Football", can't imagine what that might be. Do we have to bow to the majority of Americans here? :)

Alucard

Banned
Just watched Leverkusen SPANK Bayern Munchen. 4-1! Ballack did get a gorgeous goal for Munchen though. Too bad it was already 4-0 at that point. Heh.

Alucard

Banned
Go Poland! Haha. Was that for World Cup qualifying or something? It's so hard for me to keep track of soccer. :-\ Between all of the leagues within the countries and then that whole UEFA championship thing...I'm confused. Ah well. I need a good online soccer resource. Help? Just to keep track of teams, leagues, players, etc.

And consider this thread stickied.

Shinobi

Fowler said:
Ahahaha -- I thought Henry or someone scored a really good goal and you were being cheeky :)

:lol I really had no idea who it was or who it was for (only Ajax I'm familiar with over here is in my kitchen cupboard). Just saw it in flashes a couple of times and was just flabbergasted. How the hell can someone score a goal like that, with so much coolness? Just insane. Maradonna's goal obviously had a lot more impact, but for pure skill, imagination and genius, Zlatan's takes the biscuit. Guess he's with Juventus now, so hopefully he can continue to show that magic.

Shinobi said:
:lol I really had no idea who it was or who it was for (only Ajax I'm familiar with over here is in my kitchen cupboard). Just saw it in flashes a couple of times and was just flabbergasted. How the hell can someone score a goal like that, with so much coolness? Just insane. Maradonna's goal obviously had a lot more impact, but for pure skill, imagination and genius, Zlatan's takes the biscuit. Guess he's with Juventus now, so hopefully he can continue to show that magic.

it was like something Van Basten wud do

Hooray for the Republic though. A very easy 3-0 against a poor Cypriot team. Couldn't have asked for a comfortable opening to the qualifying group. A good run out in advance of a crucial away match agaisnt the Swiss on Wednesday.

Tough luck on the North though. I thought it would have been a bit closer seeing as though they've improved under Lawrie and Gerry. He's hoping they put one over on England though. :)

Could have done without the Swiss having two hat-tricks though.

Wish we looked more convincing against POS teams like Cyprus, but we never fail to make hard work of it.

Solid

Sweden - Malta 7-0! Haha! :D

Zlatan Ibrahimovic 4 goals! A true hattrick within the first 10 minutes of the game, haha! Capello must be happy! :)

Leon

Israel - France : 0 - 0

Israel was dominating for a good part of the second half. Pretty impressive. France needs to gel and fast.

USA are playing El Salvador as we speak I think.

Canada are playing Honduras tonight at 9pm on Sportsnet for the Canadians out there. They're gonna need to do well following their loss to Guatemala already.

That result really puts France on the back foot. I fancied oursleves (Ireland) against the French when the draw was made and after the Euro's, well they're going to be a team in transition. A good result on Wed and that'll really throw down the gauntlet to them.

Great match between Austria and England. Some cracking goals, Gerrards strike and that free kick were excellent. Nice to see James up to his old tricks again, could easily have cost England 3 goals tonight. How on earth is he anywhere near the squad, let alone first choice???

Kon Tiki

Banned
Canada robbed on 2 goals. What the fuck was up with that ref? Ban that bitch for life! Supsend the divers! Ughh We need to beat Costa Rica on wed or it is over. Avatar go byw bye.

COCKLES

being watched
Austria 2 - England 2.

For fuck sake get rid of Calamity James Sven. Another fucking game where we're on top right to the end and give away 2 dunce-like goals.

I've not seen this thread before so I'm going to write loads. I know that i am the biggest footy fan in these forums:p

Well, the premiership usre has had a strange start, a bad one for me (I'm a manu fan and I'm not a glory hunter, Ive lived in Manchester for over 7 years and own all their kits since 1999) I think Chelsea have just had a lucky start. Drogba is a waste of money, kezmen hasn't done anything and the team has just managed to edge out its opponents due to luck (very silly goal against United, deflection against Birmingham and a penalty against southhampton after letting in a goal in the first 20 seconds) I think that they are gonna lose their running streak very shortly and lose second place.

Anyone who thinks Manu can't win the title this season is stupid. Van Nistelrooy is injured, ferdinand is suspended, brown is injured, keane is injured, heinze is somewhere, ronaldo is still tired from his long summer and our new hero rooney is injured. I think in the next upcoming games we are gonna pick ourselves up and start winning all our games. I dont thik Chelsea are a very big threat to manu, but I think Arsenal are too tough to knock down from the top. 16 goals in 4 games is an achievment. Also, anyone doubting rooney should be shot, that person is incredible, we all saw him at the Euro. He managed to score 4 goals in 3 games and I'm sure he can do thast kinda stuff at United. As for Manu's formation. i think we should play either a 4-4-2 (rooney and ruud up front) 4-4-1-1 (roonbey behind ruud) or 4-3-1-2 (rooney behind smith and ruud), the only problem with the last formations is that scholes and keane cannot play together.

I actually can't be bothered commenting on the other leagues now, I'll do it later, all I can say is that Juventus have made some of the greatest purchases ever. Ibrahimovic, Emerson and Cannavaro

Shinobi

Chelsea hasn't impressed me so far, but with so many new players and such a wealth of talent, it's gonna take a while for this team to gel. So long as they can scrape out wins during the feeling out process, they're not gonna care. But yeah, anyone counting Man United out is an idiot...they're gonna be pretty scary when healthy. Of course my Gunners are looking scary now...just gotta tighten up at the back a bit and keep doing what they're doing. And staying healthy will be vital if they hope to have a shot at both the Premiership and Champions League.

BTW, is the FA Cup a big deal these days? Or has it lost some of it's lustre the last few years compared to the Premiership and European trophies? Lord knows the league cup isn't worth squat to the top teams.

Alucard

Banned
Could someone fill me in on all of the various championships and trophies associated with all these leagues? And are champions league games played AFTER all of the nations finish up their seasons (i.e. The English Premiership finishes and THEN the Champions League begins) or are they played at the same time as these leagues?...

With no NHL season this year, I'm gonna be watching a lot of soccer so I wanna get the hang of this stuff early. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom